Hello I’m new to the forum and currently purchasing a used 2014 FX22. We are wanting to store it in our garage which has a 7’ opening. My question is how hard would it be to remove the top section of the aegis tower or does anyone have a way they get theirs in without disassembly. I tried searching and found no info on splitting the tower. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

InfinitySurf    302

I have the Aegis Tower on my 2014 SV244, I dont think the tower "splits" Even if the top part came off, once lowered the tower would not reduce the height to go under garage door. I do believe this tower folds lower than any others in that time-frame (like the gladiator). I would fold the tower and see how short you are but its not likely anything you do short of full removal is going to be low enough... even with full removal I believe your windshield may be higher than 7ft on the trailer. If I remember correctly sitting on the trailer (I have 18" rims), my boat is just over 8ft with tower folded.

If you just want to store the boat inside during winter and you only gotta go thru the work once per year, and once you fold the tower if you are within 6" of making it all work....you may be able to adjust the torsion axles on the trailer as well as remove the air in tires, perhaps drop the hitch, etc. if you had the right stuff, you may even be able to remove the tires/rims and set the axles on a rolling assemble to back the boat in? Most likely tho this will be a tough deal without raising your garage header to make it an 8ft door opening (if you have the head space at garage ceiling).

Good Luck, that is a great boat....and I love the Aegis Tower

Wylie_Tunes    146

I do not know if that tower has a removable middle section, but if it does, you will have cabling to contend to. Id expect the wht 260 and speaker wire likely.