Dreamer

My new Enzo is on it's way north

islander033    2
.......Here are a few things I noticed:

The enzo was not as quiet or refined as my previous boat, an 02 Supra SSV which really suprised me. It just did not seem to have much insulation or vibration dampening as compared to the Supra. How have your Centurions compared to other boats?

The boat was a little gutless as well. I have to get that 13.5x17.5 prop changed as soon as the engine is broken in. I have an Acme 1433 from my Supra that I had trimmed to 13.5" and cupped at 0.185 that I will try. I can not believe that Centurion would put such a prop on a boat this heavy.......

I thought that most Enzo's showed up with the ACME 537 which is a 16 pitch (still too high IMO). With that being said perhaps the prop that is on it right now has a bit of a ding or warble in it causing the extra vibration and noise that you are experiencing.

If I was you I would put on your modified 1433 for your next time out on the lake and see if it makes things better or worse.

Dreamer    96
If you have the Merc. 377 click HERE for break-in information.

I have the Scorpion 330 engine but my manual has the same break-in procedure. I think the things to avoid are a constant rpm for extended periods and wot during these early hours.

Dreamer    96
I thought that most Enzo's showed up with the ACME 537 which is a 16 pitch (still too high IMO). With that being said perhaps the prop that is on it right now has a bit of a ding or warble in it causing the extra vibration and noise that you are experiencing.

If I was you I would put on your modified 1433 for your next time out on the lake and see if it makes things better or worse.

I wish the prop was the 537. It would perform much better. There are no dings on the prop it is just not as well insulated as my previous boat.