Jump to content

IdahoMike

Crew
  • Content count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About IdahoMike

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Previous Fields

  • Boat
    Centurion Enzo SV240
  1. @Rking27 I just messaged you. Seeking $10K. Look forward to your call. Craigslist-ing is here: https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/d/post-falls-2009-centurion-enzo-sv240/7430709936.html -Mike
  2. The boat wasn't running when it sunk so it didn't need to be pickled. The boat shop pickled it anyway, but said nothing got in it at all. Honestly I don't want to take on that responsibility though... I just want to minimize my losses and not have resurrect or deal with a proverbial dead hooker. Anybody in N. Idaho wanna restore a boat that runs but needs new electronics? It's a pretty sweet deal! lol. :-)
  3. Bigcatpt: Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions: I can take the $47K and walk (with some goin to lender). Good to hear your opinion is that this is fair and walking with the cash makes sense to you. I can also take the $47K and walk, WITH the boat if I want. But then I have to do something with it, and I'm a busy professional in Snowy N. Idaho with nowhere to put a boat unless I want to pay to store it for the rest of the winter (estimated $700 or so?). Glad to hear you think it's "worth exploring." That's the kind of input I'm looking for. Like I'd happily take it and then sell it off for $5K or $10K or something... don't want to dicker or deal with tire-kickers that ask questions I can't answer though. I have zero intent of taking it and fixing it back up. I think that the $75/day thing was on an invoice or something that was provided to my insurer... I just let the shop take my boat and put them in touch with my insurer and was told they'd figure out what it cost to fix and repair, and work with the insurer to see if they would total it or not. I let the shop delay that work as long as they needed since they were busy winterizing and wanted to put it off... shop is acting like they are doing this overbilling intentionally to the insurer but wouldn't charge me... IDK. Need to figure it out myself. I intend to stay on friendly terms with the shop owner.
  4. My 2009 Centurion sunk in mid September. It got pulled from the water pretty quickly (hanging sideways from tie lines on dock), so wasn't in the water for more than about 10 hours tops - most likely 6-7 hours before it was floated, and on my trailer. The boat was insured for what I purchased it for in 2012. It has about 550 hours. In an unanticipated twist, the value has increased quite a bit since then, so it's actually under-insured. The guys at the boat shop who took the boat after it was floated and removed from the water said the computer for the engine was fried, but they were able to take one from another boat and get it started no issues. However, they came up with an estimate for the repairs for $35K. Repair shop also indicated there would be a couple years of minor problems that would need to be addressed as they came up, and estimated these would be in the neighborhood of $5K. The insurer has decided to declare it a total loss. So the value of the boat (in an un-sunk condition) is supposedly $65K The insurance is $47K limit The cost to repair is $35K + 5K later on I'm going to get $47K (less a little to the lender...) My trailer is insured for $2.9K - and insurer won't pay on it... Since it's under-insured, apparently I get "salvage rights"... i.e., I get a boat to try and sell. The guy at the boat shop told me I don't want to try and sell it because I might just get stuck with it and it's a liability. I sort of believed him until he told me today that the insurer now owes him $75/day since November 15 for storage over the 30 day limit. He indicated he lets them write this off if they turn the boat over to him... Seems kinds suspicious. Like he tells me I don't want the boat, then he tells me he wants it and uses an outrageously high storage fee to get the insurer to give him the boat. Anyway, question is this: Is it a smart move to take possession of the boat and try to sell in an unrepaired condition, and if so, what could I sell it for without too much effort (it has bimini, all seat cushions, ballast system and nice pumps, and wetsound speakers with a 2015 XXX sub. Should I just bail and take the left-over money from the payout, and try to sell the trailer? Thoughts? P.S. - I had to register again due to lost password and abandoned email, but have posted here as "Idaho Mike" before.
  5. My 2009 Centurion sunk in mid September. It got pulled from the water pretty quickly (hanging sideways from tie lines on dock), so wasn't in the water for more than about 10 hours tops - most likely 6-7 hours before it was floated, and on my trailer. The boat was insured for what I purchased it for in 2012. It has about 550 hours. In an unanticipated twist, the value has increased quite a bit since then, so it's actually under-insured. The guys at the boat shop who took the boat after it was floated and removed from the water said the computer for the engine was fried, but they were able to take one from another boat and get it started no issues. However, they came up with an estimate for the repairs for $35K. Repair shop also indicated there would be a couple years of minor problems that would need to be addressed as they came up, and estimated these would be in the neighborhood of $5K. The insurer has decided to declare it a total loss. So the value of the boat (in an un-sunk condition) is supposedly $65K The insurance is $47K limit The cost to repair is $35K + 5K later on I'm going to get $47K (less a little to the lender...) My trailer is insured for $2.9K - and insurer won't pay on it... Since it's under-insured, apparently I get "salvage rights"... i.e., I get a boat to try and sell. The guy at the boat shop told me I don't want to try and sell it because I might just get stuck with it and it's a liability. I sort of believed him until he told me today that the insurer now owes him $75/day since November 15 for storage over the 30 day limit. He indicated he lets them write this off if they turn the boat over to him... Seems kinds suspicious. Like he tells me I don't want the boat, then he tells me he wants it and uses an outrageously high storage fee to get the insurer to give him the boat. Anyway, question is this: Is it a smart move to take possession of the boat and try to sell in an unrepaired condition, and if so, what could I sell it for without too much effort (it has bimini, all seat cushions, ballast system and nice pumps, and wetsound speakers with a 2015 XXX sub. Should I just bail and take the left-over money from the payout, and try to sell the trailer? Thoughts? P.S. - I had to register again due to lost password and abandoned email, but have posted here as "Idaho Mike" before.
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.