Sorry I missed your posts Packrat and bomoseen avy.  The bow bag was under the seats. There can be some sharp fiberglass under there so we smoothed that out and added some EVA pads to protect the bag from punctures. I added another pump to fill it and also had the same pump plumbed to a hose bib in the back so we could use it to fill a bag we laid on the back seat. We always ran with all bags full and boat sat mostly level unless we had a bunch of crew. They would sit on the surfside. Rubrail would barely touch the water at the rear corner while surfing. I made my own suck wedge and it was placed just ahead of the sideswipe. That really helped clean up the lip of the wave.  below is a photo of it installed.  I still have two of the suck wedges that I would sell for $75 each. They are small and float but we never had one come loose. Here is a collage of how it looks and is constructed. I would be happy to CNC the parts so you can get the handle and build it yourself. $50 for the parts. If interested, send me a text or email me at Hein@DIYvan.com All the best, Hein DIYvan 541 490 5098