volzalum

May Picture and Video Thread

h20king    794

Cool video . Events like this are priceless . We have one here on the west coast called the polar bear that wake 9 puts on. After riding all the boards and boats what were your top three ??

gator808    84

That's tough because I'm a beginner....I liked the g23, fs33, and supra 550. The supreme was a huge disappointment. Wasn't weighted at all. And even the fs33 wasn't at its full potential either. I am demoing those along with the sv233, and fs22 in June so hopefully ill see there full potential before making my decision. I was really impressed with the axis boat as well. They had the A24 and it was a huge wave! But again I'm a beginner. It was my 4th and 5th day ever wake surfing.

• Like 1

boatnut    230

Let me tell you.... We were just out this past weekend... If you weren't impressed with the FS33 wave, then something was seriously wrong... Did you actually surf it or just sit in the boat and watch... Because that boat is wicked...... Even my 210 throws a pretty solid surf wave...

gator808    84

Lol, yes we aurfed every boat there....trust me when I say this they didn't have it setup to its full potential. It was good but could have been a lot better! I'm on this site three or four times a day and see the pics and vids you guys post on all the centurions and supremes. They listed it some and used quick surf as well. We barely had the boat touching the side rubber rail. The boat was hands down the best looking on the water without a doubt. Just wasn't setup to its full potential. The supreme only had 500lbs quick full and 500lb sac and whatever the ga d tank is up front as well. It had the worst reviews of the entire event. I have seen some sick waves on a supreme but again the setup wasn't there at all. That's why I'm looking forward to go see my dealer in June and really surf behind these boats setup the right way.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Lol, yes we aurfed every boat there....trust me when I say this they didn't have it setup to its full potential. It was good but could have been a lot better! I'm on this site three or four times a day and see the pics and vids you guys post on all the centurions and supremes. They listed it some and used quick surf as well. We barely had the boat touching the side rubber rail. The boat was hands down the best looking on the water without a doubt. Just wasn't setup to its full potential. The supreme only had 500lbs quick full and 500lb sac and whatever the ga d tank is up front as well. It had the worst reviews of the entire event. I have seen some sick waves on a supreme but again the setup wasn't there at all. That's why I'm looking forward to go see my dealer in June and really surf behind these boats setup the right way.

It really bothers me when the people repping the boats at these events dont know how to properly set up their boats for maximum performance. I see the same thing a comps all year long as well and its pathetic. Great video Gator, but ive surfed every boat in that video and I can tell just by looking that none of them were properly weighted or set right especially that FS33 lol. The FS33 throws a mean wave and is very close to size and shape as my FS44 and would have blown all those other boats waves out of the water (pun intended). Every time I take someone out that doesnt have a Centurion they flip out on how big my wave is and most ask if I can make it smaller because its too big and too fast (too much push).

• Like 5

viking    491

^^ 2nd that ^^ If you're going to represent wouldn't you want the best possible experience so people would be like "damn, I need that"?

Makes no sense at all!

• Like 1

boatnut    230
^^ 2nd that ^^ If you're going to represent wouldn't you want the best possible experience so people would be like "damn, I need that"?

Makes no sense at all!

Exactly, and the FS 33 is so easy to set up, does not need anything extra!! Same with my 210, wicked wave for a sub 21 foot boat.... Come on dealers show the masses what these boats can do period!!!!

DarksideR    1,679

Gator, that was awesome to watch. Blown away by all the boards that were available! That is such a bummer when things aren't setup properly. I couldn't agree more with what Nasmith said. The dealer or reps should REALLY be concentrating on dialling in these boats BEFORE the events! You're knowledgeable enough to see that they weren't properly dialled, but a lot of people won't be as informed and will just take what they experienced and possibly buy the lesser boat.

SurferAdam    168

I've surfed pretty much every model of every boat in the industry, many are quite impressive and a few very surprising but none are as good as the FS44 and FS33. I actually don't think the FS44 is any better than the FS33 but I would have to ride them back to back to be certain

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Hoping to get out again this weekend, but not sure I have the time. Where you going Adam?

SurferAdam    168

I'm gunna hit up cultas again this weekend, hopefully it's not too busy. Probably go on Friday and Saturday, you're welcome to jump in with me if you like

• Like 1

dejoeco    59

Nice video! I only wish that text was added to identify the surf boats. The boat manufacturer was obvious in some cases, not so much in others.

Boat set up is a touchy subject in many ways. A dealer is not going to overload a new boat that is not even sold. With that said, years ago when I was looking to buy a boat with surfing in mind, it was nearly impossible to find someone knowledgeable. My best boat story is seeing a guy trying to surf behind a BU a few years ago. We were surfing and having fun and we could tell the boat was looking at us. The guy testing the boat ended the demo and located my Centurion dealer 3 hours away and bought a boat. Truly, seeing is believing.

Lak3surf3r    714

I've surfed pretty much every model of every boat in the industry, many are quite impressive and a few very surprising but none are as good as the FS44 and FS33. I actually don't think the FS44 is any better than the FS33 but I would have to ride them back to back to be certain

I rode the FS33 before buying my FS44 and while there is not that much of a difference, there definitely is one especially with the extra 1000ish lbs of ballast. In my case the FS44 was only 6k more so it was a no brainer as well to go with the bigger boat.

Nice video! I only wish that text was added to identify the surf boats. The boat manufacturer was obvious in some cases, not so much in others.

Boat set up is a touchy subject in many ways. A dealer is not going to overload a new boat that is not even sold. With that said, years ago when I was looking to buy a boat with surfing in mind, it was nearly impossible to find someone knowledgeable. My best boat story is seeing a guy trying to surf behind a BU a few years ago. We were surfing and having fun and we could tell the boat was looking at us. The guy testing the boat ended the demo and located my Centurion dealer 3 hours away and bought a boat. Truly, seeing is believing.

No one is saying they should overload the boat, just to weight them correctly and have some presets ready for different riding styles. especially in the FS33 that doesnt need any extra weight if it has the PnP's, it just needs to be set properly. The G23 is the same as well, I ride that boat all the time when im not on my FS44 and with the PnPs it doesnt need to be overloaded. Even that mojo throwsa better wake than most Malibus and tiges ive rode, but it didnt look porperly set up either. My dealer has me take her boats out all the time to test and set the wave for her, it doesn't take more than an hour to fine tune them. Point being that if a Centurion rep actually cared about people knowing that it was the best boat out there (which it could have been the best wave there by far), they should have dialed it before taking people out on demos that day.

DarksideR    1,679

I'm gunna hit up cultas again this weekend, hopefully it's not too busy. Probably go on Friday and Saturday, you're welcome to jump in with me if you like

Thank you very much for the invite. I might actually be able to ride Friday. What time? I'll PM you my cell. Guessing the update fixed your issue?

SurferAdam    168

Thank you very much for the invite. I might actually be able to ride Friday. What time? I'll PM you my cell. Guessing the update fixed your issue?

We're gunna aim to be at the boat launch for 10:30. The update didn't fix it but I figured out if I turn the ignition button on first then flip the main power on it works, but if I flip the main power on then push the ignition button I get a grey screen

DarksideR    1,679

Weird... Made me second guess how I've been turning mine on. Lol

volzalum    280

My ignition button doesn't have power unless the key is turned on. The key is the only master mine has. The ignition button just turns my screens on and off and prevents the start button from working. For my stereo to work, my key has to be turned on and then the stereo toggle turned on.

dejoeco    59

I rode the FS33 before buying my FS44 and while there is not that much of a difference, there definitely is one especially with the extra 1000ish lbs of ballast. In my case the FS44 was only 6k more so it was a no brainer as well to go with the bigger boat.

No one is saying they should overload the boat, just to weight them correctly and have some presets ready for different riding styles. especially in the FS33 that doesnt need any extra weight if it has the PnP's, it just needs to be set properly. The G23 is the same as well, I ride that boat all the time when im not on my FS44 and with the PnPs it doesnt need to be overloaded. Even that mojo throwsa better wake than most Malibus and tiges ive rode, but it didnt look porperly set up either. My dealer has me take her boats out all the time to test and set the wave for her, it doesn't take more than an hour to fine tune them. Point being that if a Centurion rep actually cared about people knowing that it was the best boat out there (which it could have been the best wave there by far), they should have dialed it before taking people out on demos that day.

Actually my point was most end users know how to weight a boat better than dealers because we use the boat all the time. You are a case in point. I didn't articulate that.

Am I missing something, but Centurion publishes about the same amount of ballast for the FS33 and FS44. Centurions website lists the dry weight on the 100lbs more on the 44. The ballast note on their site has an asterisk, but I could not find an explanation of it. I am looking forward to visiting Brent Dorey in CA and spending time in his FS33 and seeing what it can do for myself.

SurferAdam    168

It was $6k more for me too but I prefer a smaller boat as long as I'm not leaving anything on the table as far as wave quality goes. I've spent a lot of time surfing behind a 2014 FX44 and some time surfing the FS44 and I don't feel the wave is any better than the FS33

lovetosurf    48

I've gotta say, after trying both boats I think the FS33 wave is every bit as good as the FS44. Yes, the FS44 has larger ramfill tanks but keep in mind that it's also a larger boat (surface area) and thus requires more weight to displace. The FS44 has more interior room, the FS33 has more storage, other than that I honestly believe these boats are equally fantastic in the wave department. Either way you've got the best wake surf setup on the water.