chadr

Ballast Build - 2008 Enzo SV 240 - It Begins

chadr    328

I am officially tired of my sprinkler valve system that Centurion has installed in my Enzo. Have been working on my schematics on what I am thinking of doing. The different colors are just for reference so I know what lines go where. c63282764680a83abeeac1987cb1daa4.jpg3546e3f05ee71ebc9780b28a74bf573c.jpg

I am planning on using the power that feeds the sprinkler valves to run my manifold system. I am also going to switch out my current switches for 7 terminal switches so my Jabsco pumps will pump in reverse.

I currently have one Enzo sac and am going to swap it to the starboard side for when Dura comes down for a pull! Going to order a custom Enzo sac for the Port.

Anyone that has any input can chime in. Probably going to order the valves tomorrow. Ordered the 7 terminal switches already.

chadr    328

Here are the valves I am getting. Pricy but they should fit my application well!3ab0346944bd1c30b08b5ba07886817b.jpgRange is from 9 to 36 volts AC/DC. CR2-02 is what the wiring diagram shows.

Edited by chadr

chadr    328

0599b450f7b9d27c2ad83f0652c4a81f.jpg

Wiring diagram. Closes when power shuts off.

Rhale    80

chad,

am I assuming correctly that the Jabsco pumps will activate at the same time as the ball valves or will they operate off a separate switch?

chadr    328

The same switch will activate the valves just like they do with the original set up! The valves draw 0.5 amps. Should be able to use the same wiring as the original sprinkler valves. The wires are already back where I think they will fit also.

Edited by chadr

volzalum    280

If you are using valves and multiple fill pumps, I would use relays to control the pumps. They will give you a much better control without putting as much stress on the switches.

• Like 1

chadr    328
If you are using valves and multiple fill pumps, I would use relays to control the pumps. They will give you a much better control without putting as much stress on the switches.

Good thought! Learning as I go so any help is greatly appreciated.

DarksideR    1,679

All looks good, but how will you use the aux. fill hose if when you start a pump it opens one the valves? Will the aux. line have a dedicated switch? And do you throw two switches for filling with two pumps to one bag?

chadr    328

Do relays already exist in the system?

chadr    328
All looks good, but how will you use the aux. fill hose if when you start a pump it opens one the valves? Will the aux. line have a dedicated switch? And do you throw two switches for filling with two pumps to one bag?

Aux lines will run off of the Bow sac tube. Manual operation on both ends. I will just turn the pic valve to divert when in Bow fill mode.

• Like 1

volzalum    280

Chad, you want something similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Relay-Harness-Bosch-Style/dp/B007M47SW0/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430514998&sr=1-9&keywords=Relay

You would want 1 relay per fill pump.

And just get another switch and valve for your aux line. Then nothing manual needed.

The relay would be energized by each switch to open the circuit to pass a fused 12V from battery or junction box to each pump.

• Like 1

chadr    328

Looking for reviews on the Wakemakers brand custom Enzo sacs. Called and talked to Brian and he stated they use the same machine as Fly High but they also can engineer angles and custom fit dimensions. You draw it up and they can verify it and make it.

I just wonder about quality. Have a hard time saying I want to have a leak spring on a 2000 lb sack back there because I tried out the new guys.

chadr    328

a02a5e23dfad99c757aac59d19a26529.jpg

Here is my switch tree. Corsa on top. Starboard on 2nd and 3rd. Bow in middle. Port on 4th and 5th. Bottom is my LED spotlight on the tower.

Everything is full unless I relocated something which I guess I could.

volzalum    280

Chad, if you use relays, you only need 1 switch per starboard and port each. As I understand your setup, you have 3 sacs total. With relays you need 1 switch per sac. The relays control the pumps.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Nice work. Keep the pics coming.

chadr    328
Chad, if you use relays, you only need 1 switch per starboard and port each. As I understand your setup, you have 3 sacs total. With relays you need 1 switch per sac. The relays control the pumps.

Like!!!!!!!

volzalum    280

Here was my 2007 setup

post-555-0-85591900-1430522415_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

chadr    328
Here was my 2007 setup

post-555-0-85591900-1430522415_thumb.jpg

Wow! This just got a lot more technical! LOL

• Like 1