stray123    2

Hello all,

I have a 2006 SV230 and the ski pylon is not popping up. I cant figure out which part of the pylon is supposed to pop up. I've taken the whole piece out of the boat and it looks like a solid piece. There is a plate on the bottom which keeps it in place. The pylon has a hole in the bottom, but nothing that shows which part is stationary and which part moves. I heated it, used a strap wrench, etc. I've searched all over the net and there is not one video/picture of how the assembly works. How much to replace? My kids love tubing and I'm not sure about using the Evolution tower for that. Any help, pics, vids, appreciated.

volzalum    280

Take a picture. Some of the pylons were fixed and didn't move. You may have one of them.

stray123    2

Ok, I'll take a pic after work. But if it is stationary, wouldn't the rope just rub against the engine cover vinyl? The pylon is pretty low. But it also doesn't look like there is a separate piece either.

Kevin Baugh    78

Like the say a picture is worth a thousand words

stray123    2

So here is the pic of the pylon retracted. Unfortunately NOBODY on the internet seems to want to take a pic of what this thing looks like extended.

2d7e9c8137b9585fc2e2aa5b874f2efc.jpgc8306f3a61daee8fad54c25d69eb3dca.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by stray123

volzalum    280

Turn it the unlock way until it pops out. It'll raise about 6 inches. I don't have any pictures of it extended, and don't have that model anymore. You may have to turn it several rotations.

chadr    328

Yep. Turn counter clockwise a few turns. It should pop up. Mine is in the dark right now or I would get you a pic.

stray123    2

Yeah, its stuck good. I took it completely out, heated it, and tried two strap wrenches. Nothing budges. I just wanted to make sure that I was wrenching on the correct part. Still can't believe there aren't any pics anywhere.

Edited by stray123

volzalum    280

The part that turns, is also the part that extends out. There is a smaller tube anchored to the engraved top that comes out together. So in your picture, the two different metals (i.e., polished vs not) are what separate.

• Like 1

boatnut    230

I am thinking a little lube of some sort, a Penatrating oil of some sort, let it sit for a few up hours, and then try again

• Like 1

stray123    2

That's gonna be a crazy angle to get it in there and hope it penetrates. I'm thinkin it's just gonna run down the sides. But at this point, why not try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stray123    2

Actually, I'll pull it out and do it. Duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

souperfly    41

So here is the pic of the pylon retracted. Unfortunately NOBODY on the internet seems to want to take a pic of what this thing looks like extended.

2d7e9c8137b9585fc2e2aa5b874f2efc.jpgc8306f3a61daee8fad54c25d69eb3dca.jpg Sent from my

iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same boat, and that second pic is as high as mine goes.... If I remember, I'll take a pic on Saturday when I pull it to the shop.

Jlreevesiv    14

'bout to say, mine has retractable one and it doesn't come up much. about like yours, but it does retract flush with the rear deck.

you guys ever seen those tube ropes with about 4 foot of foam near the end that connects to the boat? Thats why. also remember when weighted

(or any other time) when you accelerate the rear of the boat goes down. try it with a padded tube rope, it might not even come close. the angle

of the boat (bow up, transom down) keeps the rope from touching the vinyl. ***please test this theory before you ruin some kids weekend or the vinyl on the rear of the boat****** do not-I repeat do not use the tower to pull a tube. find a way to hook it to the hooks that come out of the transom. you might even be lucky enough to have a rope holder on the center rear of the transom (sometime or other they seemed to go away).

use that for back up NOT the tower. everytime I see a tuber being pulled by the tower I cringe, or I'm just a whimp.

volzalum    280

Mine on my 2007 Enzo SV216 would rise about 6 inches above what is shown in picture 2. The polished piece is on a smaller shaft and slides out of the dull metal tube.

• Like 1

viking    491

I see a Hangtyte in that first pic. Wish my boat had a ski pylon. in 15 they did away with it?? Still don't understand that at all. Shouda at least made it an option.

chadr    328

Yours may not move from those pictures. Mine does not stick up higher than the pads like yours does. I really wonder if yours is set like that.

Skibumm    184

do not-I repeat do not use the tower to pull a tube.

You can pull a tube off a tower all day long. You will pull the tow hook out of the back before you will even come close to doing damage from the tower. That wives tale that tubing puts more force on a tower that it can handle is just that a wives tale. You want force off a tower look at the tower extensions that they pull barefooters off of and then see how much a barefooter pulls on a deep water start. To each his own I know but to say to other do not do something when you most certainly can is not right. Here is the sticker off a Mastercraft tower

Edited by Skibumm