doug743

2015 fs44 ram fill and ballast settings

volzalum    280

I love my electric over hydraulic brakes on my triple.

• Like 1

doug743    53

my surge brakes are absolutely worthless. maybe its my trailer and the brakes need bled, but my 2012 was poor as well.

boatnut    230
my surge brakes are absolutely worthless. maybe its my trailer and the brakes need bled, but my 2012 was poor as well.

That's not good, I would definitely get them checked if your not sure how to do it

h20king    794

Let me just tell you, I had a lot of sway yesterday, something I've never felt before... Wondering if there is something wrong with my trailer.. I've towed alot of stuff, and have three other trailers and never had anything like I've exrpricnced yesterday,

It has to do with the design of your boat. To give more room in the cabin the windshield was moved forward putting most of the boats weight in front of the trailer axles. It was the same way with my falcon V which is the same size as the 210. Keep the tires full and keep a couple hundred pounds of lead in the rear lockers and it will tow better,

boatnut    230
Let me just tell you, I had a lot of sway yesterday, something I've never felt before... Wondering if there is something wrong with my trailer.. I've towed alot of stuff, and have three other trailers and never had anything like I've exrpricnced yesterday,It has to do with the design of your boat. To give more room in the cabin the windshield was moved forward putting most of the boats weight in front of the trailer axles. It was the same way with my falcon V which is the same size as the 210. Keep the tires full and keep a couple hundred pounds of lead in the rear lockers and it will tow better,

In the rear???? It probably needs more in the front

h20king    794

nope my falcon was heavy in front because most of the boat was in front of the axles. I kept the extra weight in the rear compartment. If you look at the pic you can see how much of the boat was in front of the axles

post-777-0-92218600-1430321565_thumb.jpg

Lak3surf3r    714

My surge brakes are worthless as well on my dual axle FS44 trailer, maybe the triple is the way to go on that big of a boat. I took it in and had them look at them and everything was "good".

h20king    794

what are you guys towing with ?? I have a jake brake on my rig so I cant tell if my trailer brakes work good or not. My rims and hubs do get warm after going down a long grade so guess they must be working. Might be time for you guys to think about getting a bigger tow rig to go with the bigger boat.

boatnut    230
what are you guys towing with ?? I have a jake brake on my rig so I cant tell if my trailer brakes work good or not. My rims and hubs do get warm after going down a long grade so guess they must be working. Might be time for you guys to think about getting a bigger tow rig to go with the bigger boat.

I don't think so..... My brakes work just fine, as for the design of the trailer,.. That's questionable, I have 5 trailers my friend, ranging from a single axle utility, to a 28 foot 5th wheel equipment hauler... And I've had 4 boats before this one and never had an issue, but for craps and giggles I have a Chev 3500 dually diesel and a 2012tahoe

And to top it off, my boats a baby...

Edited by boatnut

h20king    794

I don't think so..... My brakes work just fine, as for the design of the trailer,.. That's questionable, I have 5 trailers my friend, ranging from a single axle utility, to a 28 foot 5th wheel equipment hauler... And I've had 4 boats before this one and never had an issue, but for craps and giggles I have a Chev 3500 dually diesel and a 2012tahoe And to top it off, my boats a baby...

was not referring to you. was talking to the guys with the FS 44's

Lak3surf3r    714

I had a 2014 diesel grand cherokee and just got a new Ram 1500 but am trading that in for a cummins. The diesel Jeep towed better than the Ram by far though.

h20king    794

The cummins with the jake brake will solve all your troubles. You wont think twice about trailer brakes again. Most new surf boats are just to big and heavy to be towed safely with a half ton. Will a half ton tow it ?? sure but stopping it is another story. I know big diesel trucks are not practical. Mine sits in the garage unless it is hauling or towing and it is not much fun to drive around town but it is the correct tool for the job. When im towing or hauling I remember why I love my truck.

boatnut    230

I love my truck, but with 8 vehicles, it's the trucks turn to have no insurance on it for a while :)

The stupid part is, my tige was heavier and longer with the tongue extension, and I never ever had an issue with it,

Edited by boatnut

viking    491

you just keep getting reminded you made the right decision :)

boatnut    230
you just keep getting reminded you made the right decision :)

I will tomorrow again, when I am on. The lake!! Love the boat!!!!

doug743    53

i just fixed the issue, not enough tongue weight about 300 pounds needed. fixes the problem, the boat is just light up front. next time leave the bow bag full just so you can see, then empty when you get home.

• Like 1

boatnut    230

Update, I buried the boat on the trailer, basically about 2 plus inches of bunk showing behind the boat, and put about 20% water in the front ballast, and she seemed to work better, sure made me much happier :)

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Its a 1285, that is 14.5x14.25 with a 105 cup. Im in Mesa AZ which is 1,243 ft

So I managed to get my boat on the water today. After spending a couple hours doing the break in requirements, I filled the ballast to see speeds.

My prop is the Acme 2279 15 x 15.75 x 0.105 cup

My boat runs WOT at 5400 rpm at 42 mph (44 mph down stream and 40 mph upstream)

I was running 3300 rpm with both ramfill, both pnp, and bow full using quicksurf at 11.5

I was running 2800 rpm with ramfill on surf side, both pnp, and bow at 11.5

It was slightly more upstream (100 rpm) and slightly less (100 rpm) downstream. I did not adjust surf speeds for the 2 mph current, so technically I should've dropped to 9.5 mph upstream and increased to 13.5 downstream.

Also, I was able to fairly easily get on plane to wakeboard speeds with both ramfill, both pnp, and bow full.

Did we come to an agreement what the best prop is for surfing and fuel econ? Wakemakers is saying that 2279 is discontinued. When I emailed them they told me 1617 is the best high altitude prop for my boat saying that my 2015 FS33 with a 409 is the same prop as a 2014 FX44. Is that right?

stoked    1,039

So I managed to get my boat on the water today. After spending a couple hours doing the break in requirements, I filled the ballast to see speeds.

My prop is the Acme 2279 15 x 15.75 x 0.105 cup

My boat runs WOT at 5400 rpm at 42 mph (44 mph down stream and 40 mph upstream)

I was running 3300 rpm with both ramfill, both pnp, and bow full using quicksurf at 11.5

I was running 2800 rpm with ramfill on surf side, both pnp, and bow at 11.5

It was slightly more upstream (100 rpm) and slightly less (100 rpm) downstream. I did not adjust surf speeds for the 2 mph current, so technically I should've dropped to 9.5 mph upstream and increased to 13.5 downstream.

Also, I was able to fairly easily get on plane to wakeboard speeds with both ramfill, both pnp, and bow full.

Do you know what your clearance is with a 15" prop? On my FS33 it's only 1/2" and I'm worried that is too close. I bought the exact same one you have, the 2279.

volzalum    280

Mine is actually slightly less than 1/2 inch. Probably closer to 7/16 inch. I have not had any cavitation with it nor any gel burn, though I am at only 35 hours.