doug743

2015 fs44 ram fill and ballast settings

volzalum    280

True I may just need to step up to a 14.5x12.75x.105c that 15" may be too much

Are you coming to the June event at Hillside? If you bring your boat, we can pop the prop off and see what your boat does with it for a few. Acme may also let you demo one as well.

Lak3surf3r    714

Are you coming to the June event at Hillside? If you bring your boat, we can pop the prop off and see what your boat does with it for a few. Acme may also let you demo one as well.

I am but we are flying up there, I dont want to pull my boat for 14 hours.

• Like 1

volzalum    280

I am but we are flying up there, I dont want to pull my boat for 14 hours.

I'm pulling mine 720 miles ... About 12.5 hours.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

ouch, ive done that before and am not doing it again lol. Ill be there for the surf comp and will swing by the hillside event for sure though. But 870 miles is too much with an FS44 behind me.

Edited by nasmith342

DarksideR    1,679

Dang! Commitment!

• Like 1

boatnut    230

Why? That's a pretty normal thing up here, whether your going to green Lake, shuswap Lake, Christina Lake, woods Lake, , these lakes are all at least 4 hours away from where I live, and some are Upwards of 7 hours :), I know it's not 12 but it's up there :)

volzalum    280

That's why I got the triple axel trailer. I'm pulling it several places this year. Detroit Lake in June, Clear Lake in June, Lake Powell in August, Lake Sammamish in August. I'm sure I'll add a few more as the summer progresses.

• Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

Why? That's a pretty normal thing up here, whether your going to green Lake, shuswap Lake, Christina Lake, woods Lake, , these lakes are all at least 4 hours away from where I live, and some are Upwards of 7 hours :), I know it's not 12 but it's up there :)

Im spoiled down in AZ. I live 15 min from my home lake, 30min from the one that fills that lake, have 5 more within an hour from me, and another 5 more within 3 hours in a few directions. These are all huuuuuge reservoirs as well. 14 hours is too long of a drive for me towing my FS44. Plus my kid is competing up there that weekend so my boat wont get that much use. Even 12 hours would be pushing it for a one day drive and at 14 thats pretty rough lol.

doug743    53

i can't believe how little tong weight the fs44 has. i have a dual axle trailer. live on the lake so not a lot of towing, but i towed it from Norther PA to SC and i could have put 500lbs in the bow to keep it from swaying. my 244 was no issue and totally heaver in the bow. strange?

volzalum    280

i can't believe how little tong weight the fs44 has. i have a dual axle trailer. live on the lake so not a lot of towing, but i towed it from Norther PA to SC and i could have put 500lbs in the bow to keep it from swaying. my 244 was no issue and totally heaver in the bow. strange?

On my FS44, the tounge weight is significantly more. My SV216 used to drop my hitch about 1 inch. The FS44 dropped it about 6 inches. I just put air assist bags to be able to keep it level when towing. But with the triple axel trailer, maybe the position and balance are different.

boatnut    230

Let me just tell you, I had a lot of sway yesterday, something I've never felt before... Wondering if there is something wrong with my trailer.. I've towed alot of stuff, and have three other trailers and never had anything like I've exrpricnced yesterday,

DarksideR    1,679

I would think that with the triple axle trailer you'd have less tongue weight... Figuring that the front axle would be even further forward than a dual axle, it should spread the weight better?

Boatnut: you're Enzo must be a fair bit heavier than the other boats you've had no? My FX22 is somewhere around 1500lbs more than my Elite V was and it tows like a champ. Definitely more difficult to keep between the lines in the road due to the extra width though! But I ain't complaining!

doug743    53

i have towed race trailers and boats my entire life, i can pick the bow up on the trailer. its bow weight lack that causes sway. I always set my race trailers up 60% front 40% rear. no sway. Its a uber light bow, now i know why it requires bow weight. I don't care, but its something you would not expect.

volzalum    280

I have had zero sway on the triple, all the way up to 80 mph. Of course the electric over hydraulic make controlling it a lot easier too. Instant braking vs waiting on the surge.

Doug, have you got your boat loaded all the way forward with the eye touching the fairing? I have nothing in my bow, but it's definitely got some weight on it on mine.

boatnut    230

Dark, my tige was 4700 # dry, and enzo is only 4300 ish, , and yes I know all about tongue weight, I might just leave the bow ballast sac a with a few hundred pounds in it....

The tongue as it was is heavy, not sure of the actual weight, but will shoot her thru a scale in the next little while... She does not feel right, behind the hoe

DarksideR    1,679

And you've got the trailer level? It sounds like you know what you're doing, but just thought I'd ask.

boatnut    230
And you've got the trailer level? It sounds like you know what you're doing, but just thought I'd ask.

It's a temperamental unit.... acaab62597575b3399a683844c6527d7.jpg can't get much more level then this... It's weird, maybe just a one off situation, man just wish I can use the fifth wheel in my truck lol 4c85ed36144d55b49f9e2c63b949c475.jpg

And what's worse I need to extended the trailer tongue 18"s as well!!

Edited by boatnut

doug743    53

I am telling you, its crazy light. I have it perfect, level, etc etc its bow light or the trailer is the problem,

Dandy    43

I have actually thought about getting a 5th wheel or gooseneck trailer made for the boat with electric over hydraulic brakes but I sadly think it would limit resale potential as anyone interested would have to have a qualified Tow Vehicle.

boatnut    230

Electric over hydraulic is the way to go, then you can use friction sway control :), on a long trip will just use my dually, on short ones just use my Tahoe :), but if worse comes to worse, I can fill the bow ballast before I leave the water....