doug743

2015 fs44 ram fill and ballast settings

doug743    53

ok, I have been messing with these settings for listing the boat. Seams that my settings are crazy compared to what i have read.

port side

ram fill full

bow full

pnp full port side,

50 % starboard ram fill

trim tab at 90% down

I still feel that wave is too short and I am running at 12mph Its got uber push and is super tall but i cannot believe it needs more bow weight

on the starboard its almost both ram fill full

i am running on 70% full port

Am i crazy?

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Your ballast setup doesn't sound like it's too out of whack. What is causing you to add so much counter weight? I think it's great if you can get extra push from it and still retain a clean wave, but this is why you're needing more bow weight. All of that ram tank water is gonna find it's way "mostly" to the back of the boat. This is one reason that multiple bag setups in my opinion can be better, but don't worry about that. Are you sure the bow bag/s are full. Did you see or hear it overflow out the discharge port? It's possible that it's not filling completely or even at all!

Second thing I wonder about is if your speed settings are accurate. Have you tried using another GPS speed reader, ie. an iPhone with said app? Just to compare.

Where's the pics and or video man!? Were all jonesing for this stuff!

doug743    53

the speed is correct, its just short, not really short, just shorter than i want. its raining out today, so no boating, but i guess i will totally flood it and back it off until its longer.

boatnut    230

If you have bow ballast, can you not just raise a cushion in the bow and see the bag?

doug743    53

yes, its full. lol its not that, its just so different from my last 2 enzo's and i can't see running so much counter weight or bow weight. i am not using the quick surf, i have it just not using it. would rather list the boat

• Like 1

doug743    53

i guess what i am asking is, could these new designs on the fs be that different between same models, like motors can be identical but run different. I am just wondering, because the settings i am hearing are not what i am getting. I am not complaining, the wave is killer, but i want to see consistent data.

boatnut    230

I am in no way an expert on Centurion boats, but I can assure no two boats are the same, probably all have their own personalitys....

volzalum    280

Doug743, do you have your pnp bags sitting on the ramfill? Or sitting on the shelf above the ramfill?

Once I start playing with mine, I'll let you know my settings too for comparison.

Lak3surf3r    714

Heres what I run for any settings and my wave is super long and tall, this is with only 4 people on board usually and if I have more then I deduct weight accordingly. The ramfills are just under 2300lbs per side so I take about 5% per person sitting on the counter side. Ive been tuning this boat for 117 hours now and have it pretty dialed in ;)

Listed

surf side ram full, both rear pnps full bow at 70% counter ram at 20% cats at -30 goofy and 10 regular, trim tab at 70 on port and 60 on starboard going 11.4 mph port and 11.6 on starboard.

quicksurf

surf side ram full both rear pnps full, bow at 50% counter ram at 80% (just make a rider profile for reg and for goofy with these settings so you can switch ramfill weight in less than 15 seconds before transferring sides) and then the quicksurf settings at 75% deployed, cats at -30 goofy and 10 regular, trim tab at 60 on port and 40 on starboard going 11.5 mph.

Edited by nasmith342
  • Like 1

viking    491

^^^ You do have it dialed in don't you Nasmith? ^^^ nice work! Should take the guessing out of it for alot of folks.

volzalum    280

So NaSmith, are your bags on top of the Ramfill, or on top of the shelf raised up above the ramfill?

Lak3surf3r    714

So NaSmith, are your bags on top of the Ramfill, or on top of the shelf raised up above the ramfill?

They are on top of the ramfill itself, I dont have a raised shelf seperate from the ram tank, just a drop down gap between the ram tank and the engine bay that is filled with bouys and life vests to prevent the bag falling down in to it.

post-5679-0-61668500-1429547974_thumb.jpg

Edited by nasmith342

DarksideR    1,679

What shelf are you talking about Volz? There's only one place for the PNP bags in a Ramfill boat.

volzalum    280

I'll take pictures, but mine has the ramfill, then has a shelf from hull side to engine devider several inches above the ramfill that creates a gap. My boat had the pnp on top of the shelf. Just not sure the shelf is strong enough to hold the bag full.

Lak3surf3r    714

They probably started adding that shelf since mine and several others have had the engine compartment divider boards break more than once from the weight of the bag.

DarksideR    1,679

post-848-0-90812100-1429570302_thumb.jpg

My locker with Ramfill. There's sort of a double step. The dividers sit in a flimsy channel at the bottom which is about 3" down from the first step then another 2" or so to the top. I would assume that the FS44 gaps would be slightly bigger.

I filled the bottom cavity that my fingers are in in the pic with a cedar 2x2 and some spacers. Left the other larger cavity open for the bag to fill. Hopefully the channels won't fail this way. I'll keep an eye on it.

DarksideR    1,679

The absolute worst design feature of the 2014 boats is the engine divider setup. I can't access my engine without having the PNP locker bags empty. Because the dividers are held in place by the engine hatch itself! Huge disappointment that was thankfully corrected in 2015! Sounds like they corrected the other issue of that gap with the newer 2015's.

doug743    53

ok, so nasmith, now i see you have pnp full on opposite side, 450ilbs plus 20% in ram so say 400 more lbs so thats 800 plus lbs on opposite side. I was running pretty close to that. I have had 8 plus people on the boat so i will play more this weekend . thanks

doug743    53

the new shelf thing does not push on the engine area, and you can open it without the sides falling in.

Lak3surf3r    714

ok, so nasmith, now i see you have pnp full on opposite side, 450ilbs plus 20% in ram so say 400 more lbs so thats 800 plus lbs on opposite side. I was running pretty close to that. I have had 8 plus people on the boat so i will play more this weekend . thanks

No problem, do you run on a river where there is current by chance? If so you will need to slow down about 2mph upstream and speed up a mile or so down stream. I wast just runnng 9.7 up and 12.7 down on the colorado river in parker for the comp last weekend and it made the exact same wave.