boatnut

New stereo coming for the 210

boatnut    230

Well guys,

Today is shopping day for some new audio stuff, thinking a ws420, Rev-10 SD2 amp for the 10's, but what are some of you guys running for subs in a 210 or I believe it was a 211 before, I still wanna put it under the helm, I might even remove the Heater..... Also where have some of you guys been mounting the 420 as well?

DarksideR    1,679

Don't think you need to go model specific. Pretty much any current gen Centurion will be almost identical when it comes to stereo.

boatnut    230

I am trying to see what I can shoe horn under the helm?

DarksideR    1,679

And it should be the same size space as the 233,244,230...

Wylie_Tunes    146

I see no reason why you could not fit a 12" sub under the helm. Which 12" is going to depend on what the cavity is going to allow enclosure size wise, how much leg room you might be willing to give up. This will start to narrow down the options to which models will work best in the available space.

The Wet Sounds XS-12 can be done in a ported enclosure inside of 2.0 ft3. Pair that with an SD-6 for the sub and in-boats.

truekaotik    458

Enzo Ss210 can take up to a 1.75Sqft. box internal without major mods.... Bigger with a few... Almost Any woofer will fit to be honest...

Edited by truekaotik

truekaotik    458

That is when the relocation and running come depending on what you want.

boatnut    230

Relocation is not really an option, but I might remove the Heater, didn't really want it to be honest, but that's what he had in stock, since you guys are stereo God's, what would you recommend for a sub, and then what Kinda amp, can I have one amp do the sub as well as the tower speakers??

Wylie_Tunes    146

Relocation is not really an option, but I might remove the Heater, didn't really want it to be honest, but that's what he had in stock, since you guys are stereo God's, what would you recommend for a sub, and then what Kinda amp, can I have one amp do the sub as well as the tower speakers??

Removing the heater would certainly free up some space. The SD-6 would drive a single pair of Rev-10 and a nice 12 sub. I would steer clear of paper backed woofers, but other then that, the best sub is the one done right.

boatnut    230

Got any recommendations?

On subs? I noticed another thread with JL subs, are they good?

Is foam better then rubber or vice versa?

Is wetsounds any good?

viking    491

I'm a huge fan of JL subs. Ran a JL12w3 in my last boat. Was going to go JL12w6 but opted for a wetsounds xs-12 since everything else in the boat is WS and wanted a marine specific due to placement this go round.

Last boat was able to tuck the enclosure up and out of the way so really no chance of getting wet. Can't go wrong either way with those 2 brands imo.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Got any recommendations? On subs? I noticed another thread with JL subs, are they good? Is foam better then rubber or vice versa? Is wetsounds any good?

Im a big Kicker fan, if you wanna know. Most have aluminum or composite baskets, rubber surrounds and composite cones. Rubber is going to be the most durable. Yes, the Wet Sounds subs are top of the food chain in marine subs. Built specifically for the marine environment, big power handling and tuned to not require a large enclosure as space in a boat is a premium. JL is cream of the crop in terms of sound quality. Alpine offers some good woofers, the Rockford marine 12 is a decent woofer.

Picking the actual brand/model is easy, once you get the other details worked out, like available enclosure space, how much bump you want and budget for sub and amp.

boatnut    230

In Canada I am leaving a budget of around 4k, for towers, amp(s) , sub, ws420 and install, was gonna do it myself, but just don't have the time :(, anybody got any good pictures of sub install under the helm and a nice 420 location?

truekaotik    458

A Wetsounds XXX is boss considering price and build, period. JL 13w7 is the only better option for SQ and output but huge box needed... Kicker is Unique and has its own defined SPL sound which I like as well in a 15" L7.... Choices...

truekaotik    458

In Canada I am leaving a budget of around 4k, for towers, amp(s) , sub, ws420 and install, was gonna do it myself, but just don't have the time :(, anybody got any good pictures of sub install under the helm and a nice 420 location?

This really depends on your local install shop and their capabilities.

boatnut    230

:) anybody ever heard of. Memphis audio?

It's mojox-12 looks pretty vicicous, but she needs some serious power!!

truekaotik    458

Yes, I am familiar with them. What would you like to know?

Wylie_Tunes    146

Memphis has been around for quite awhile, but i do not have a lot of personal experience with their subs. IMO, you are better off driving a moderate sub above its rms, then driving a beast of a sub at below its rms. This is because of the amount of power needed to control the moving mass of the big subs. Also, you need to get into the T/S parameters to see if its best suited for sealed, ported or work ok in either. Whats it ideal tuning Hz. Ideal enclosure size is also a huge factor.

boatnut    230

I get it, I've always over powered my subs, never under, not sure where I would ever mount an amp for that beast lol, too kaotik, are they any good?

I am seeing alot of our dealers here moving to different lines, not alot of the so called Main stream brands...