Jerry B

2015 Tower Speaker Suggestion

DarksideR    1,679

There was only ever one tower offered by Fineline that would give enough head room and that was the double up tube tower. I had a set of REV 410's mounted on the tower and had over six feet of clearance under them. All other towers you just have to pay attention. The speakers on my 226 are mounted to the side of the tower and they will still bite you if you forget they are there. On the up side the cans are plastic and not metal LOL

Yes. Less of a "BONG!" sound when you rap your head off one!

doug743    53

here is the ws420 and the sub and the speakers

post-890-0-75122900-1432599855_thumb.jpg

post-890-0-31066300-1432599864_thumb.jpg

post-890-0-67936200-1432599871_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

SurferAdam    168

I like the ws420 mounting location. Might have to copy that

doug743    53

i think i am ripping out the roswell speakers for something that works. they are really weak. centurion made a booboo moving to roswell. should have stayed with wet sounds.

• Like 1

volzalum    280

i think i am ripping out the roswell speakers for something that works. they are really weak. centurion made a booboo moving to roswell. should have stayed with wet sounds.

You mean your inboats? I saw Wetsounds tweeted your pics yesterday.

Wylie_Tunes    146

WOW.... W7.. that must take a boat load of power. literally

JL HD1200/1 driving it with a pair of 6V GC's to back it all up.

truekaotik    458

It's all about having a pro (audio experience preferred) tune and install the system :)

rockballer    162

JL HD1200/1 driving it with a pair of 6V GC's to back it all up.

Is it a free air sub or just using all the under as the enclosure. That must pound. I would hate to see how fast it would drain the battery though

Wylie_Tunes    146

Is it a free air sub or just using all the under as the enclosure. That must pound. I would hate to see how fast it would drain the battery though

Just north of 3.0 ft3 gross external ported enclosure tuned to 37hz. I feel the 2 golf cart batteries are going to carry the load real well. if needed, the 40A charger will handle adding a 2nd pair for a total of 464Ah. This would require some serious mod'ing in order to class in a shelf in order to have a flat/level floor for the batteries to rest on. The in-floor ballast cavity and curvature of the bow, dont yield room enough to set and secure 2 more to the floor.

Hard to see the port as its concealed by grill cloth. Only moved the facade out about 3" form the original location.

Edited by Wylie_Tunes
  • Like 1

doug743    53

it fits like a glove, i charge when not in use so i think it will be fine with the golf cart batteries. we played it for 4 hours on battery with no problems last weekend. came to the dock and plugged in, good to go. i think the charging process makes it work, if you where to run 3 or 4 days in a row with only boat charging, it may not make it. i love it, going to swap out the in boats for wet sounds and crank the sub up some more. the roswell just can't keep up if it where to be totally maxed out. wylie tunes did an amazing job, uber clean install, looks factory, all solid and the amps are nicely set on the side port wall all wires hidden. i am really happy:)

SurfsUPWS    52

it fits like a glove, i charge when not in use so i think it will be fine with the golf cart batteries. we played it for 4 hours on battery with no problems last weekend. came to the dock and plugged in, good to go. i think the charging process makes it work, if you where to run 3 or 4 days in a row with only boat charging, it may not make it. i love it, going to swap out the in boats for wet sounds and crank the sub up some more. the roswell just can't keep up if it where to be totally maxed out. wylie tunes did an amazing job, uber clean install, looks factory, all solid and the amps are nicely set on the side port wall all wires hidden. i am really happy:)

Pix of that install!!!!???

DarksideR    1,679

It's all about having a pro (audio experience preferred) tune and install the system :)

If it were my boat, I'd play with the gains on the amps before investing a bunch more money. What's the worst that could happen? You'll have to buy the same stuff you were going to anyway. Even Wetsounds sound meh if not tuned right!

Wylie_Tunes    146

If it were my boat, I'd play with the gains on the amps before investing a bunch more money. What's the worst that could happen? You'll have to buy the same stuff you were going to anyway. Even Wetsounds sound meh if not tuned right!

The OEM in-boats are driven by an SD-6. The bow pair has a potential of 185W rms and main cabins have a potential of 145W rms. Gains are set with a volt meter, as too not over drive the in-boats.

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Mike did it... We have a good spat but he knows what he's doing.. So if Doug isn't happy with the Inboats after Wylie touched it... A upgrade to xs650 will net a better sound and handling.... It's really not about playing with the knobs, it's voltage... :(

Although if you were thinking it was all factory.. Yes I agree, it needs a tune after you buy it...

Edited by truekaotik

doug743    53

i want to crank the sub up but the in boats would be so over powered. i wish i could fit the larger 8 inch in boats, i would do that. as for dumping more money, i would rather do it right than be on the boat for the day and have a failure. plus i am already all in. lol i can't see anyone really complaining about speaker pricing when these boats are soooooooo overpriced from the get go. to through a grand at it is not going to change the financial whole we all create when playing in this environment.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Mike did it... We have a good spat but he knows what he's doing.. So if Doug isn't happy with the Inboats after Wylie touched it... A upgrade to xs650 will net a better sound and handling.... It's really not about playing with the knobs, it's voltage... :(

Although if you were thinking it was all factory.. Yes I agree, it needs a tune after you buy it...

i want to crank the sub up but the in boats would be so over powered. i wish i could fit the larger 8 inch in boats, i would do that. as for dumping more money, i would rather do it right than be on the boat for the day and have a failure. plus i am already all in. lol i can't see anyone really complaining about speaker pricing when these boats are soooooooo overpriced from the get go. to through a grand at it is not going to change the financial whole we all create when playing in this environment.

My bad, I was kinda skimming he thread and thought that this was 100% factory stereo. Was worth the risk of failure if replacing cost wasn't an issue. There's been a few people on here changing their systems out instead of tuning stock because they were worried about losing warranty coverage.

And yeah... a couple grand is a drop in the boat bucket these days!

Korgae    11
On 5/21/2015 at 2:05 PM, doug743 said:

There not that low, you really never walk under them. here they are on the new tower

post-890-0-22938700-1432242315_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I was reading an old thread from 2015 where you posted some pics of your stereo build using 4 X Rev 10's on the Maximus tower. I just ordered a new RI without the stock stereo, so I will be building from scratch. I to would like to go with 4 REV 10's on my tower and am wondering exactly what mounts your used to mount your 4.

Thanks in advance.

carguy79ta    67

korgae I had 2 pair of rev410's in my 15 axis.  all wet sounds inboats and sub.  it rocked.  I almost ordered my ri257 with no stereo but didn't.  wish I did.  I need mine tuned up.  but it won't rock like my Axis did.  you guys are making me think about stereo overhaul for off-season. 

Edited by carguy79ta
spelling