Jerry B

2015 Tower Speaker Suggestion

h20king    794

like I said above if you think there is a chance that you will want to add a second set of speakers down the line make sure you pick a amp that will allow you to do it without swapping out or adding amps.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

They are all impacted by the same exchange rate, so the price ratio would remain the same. No question the SD amps are expensive, but their performance backs that price up.

Same exchange rate, so when something's $10us, it costs $13can. No biggie. When something's $900us, it costs $1140... I'd say THAT makes a difference. Same ratio, but MUCH bigger hit to the pocketbook.

Jerry B    12

Another REV10 question. Anyone know if the wiring can run right up through the center hole of the Maximus adapter to keep it hidden away? I see there is a side hole also.

Also, I'm going with the fixed mount to try and save a little head room. Anyone know if a swivel can be added later if I change my mind?

Wylie_Tunes    146

Another REV10 question. Anyone know if the wiring can run right up through the center hole of the Maximus adapter to keep it hidden away? I see there is a side hole also.

Also, I'm going with the fixed mount to try and save a little head room. Anyone know if a swivel can be added later if I change my mind?

The tower design will not allow the wiring to stay concealed. The wire will have to come out the side of the adapter and loop into the tower as it would have originally.

You cant use the fixed-clamp rev-10 pod with the CENMAX, you need the X-Mount pods. If you already have the fixed-mount pods, you will need the X-mount conversion Kit available at Wet Sounds.

Yes, you could convert the x-mount to CENMAX setup to TC3-S to CENMAX. Just note, you will not have to purchase the entire TC3-S clamp setup. Wet Sounds now offers just the 2 swivel pieces of the TC3-S. Basically, minus the tube clamp halves.

Jerry B    12

The tower design will not allow the wiring to stay concealed. The wire will have to come out the side of the adapter and loop into the tower as it would have originally.

You cant use the fixed-clamp rev-10 pod with the CENMAX, you need the X-Mount pods. If you already have the fixed-mount pods, you will need the X-mount conversion Kit available at Wet Sounds.

Yes, you could convert the x-mount to CENMAX setup to TC3-S to CENMAX. Just note, you will not have to purchase the entire TC3-S clamp setup. Wet Sounds now offers just the 2 swivel pieces of the TC3-S. Basically, minus the tube clamp halves.

Thanks - any idea how much height the x-mount conversion kit and swivel pieces add?

Wylie_Tunes    146

The X-mount kit adds no additional height as its what allows the pod to direct-bolt to the CENMAX adapter. Just to clarify, if you have pods that were originally ordered with fixed clamps, you will need the X-mount kits in order to mount to the new CENMAX adapters.

The swivel kits drops the pod about 1.5" lower then x-mount.

doug743    53

i am 6'4 and have hit my head on every speaker i have ever had, the difference in an inch is not going to stop you hitting you head.lol the 4 look great, the cable is just barley coming out of the tower, looks great, i will take close up pictures tomorrow when i uncover the boat so you can see the clamps with 4 rev10's on the new tower

boatnut    230

Which boat do you have again, and yes they will hang low, I am about the same height as you, and you just have to grin and take it lol

Jerry B    12

I've got a 2015 210. Did you use the swivels or just fixed mount?

boatnut    230

They will hang low!!!!871dce68ada11570ccd3f5066feb5175.jpg believe you me, forget about the swivels

Jerry B    12

Is that a fixed mount you used? Will post a pic of mine when it's all done.

doug743    53

There not that low, you really never walk under them. here they are on the new tower

post-890-0-22938700-1432242315_thumb.jpg

doug743    53

I had them on a 2012 244 and they where about the same and hit my head too. haha i had xm7s on my 230 (same tower as the 244) and hit my head a lot until i paid attention

boatnut    230

On a 210 they will be low, on a FS33 not so bad , I am 6'3 and I will take a pic later showing you how low they are, but on the flip side, they are awesome for sound!!!

b08c0804dd9876d915716fac8a3f290e.jpg7288f940739bc7ba1495bb6cbc94633d.jpg

Edited by boatnut

Jerry B    12

On the flip side, it doesn't much matter what speaker you install because they are all in the way so I'd rather get good ones. Are the FS boats deeper or is the tower higher giving more clearance?

boatnut    230

The FS is a deeper boat, trust me in the 210, you will hit your head, you need to relize and not forget they are there

Jerry B    12

Hey boatnut, did you consider mounting them on clamps further apart?

boatnut    230
Hey boatnut, did you consider mounting them on clamps further apart?

Yup, I have, and I might try it once the dealer gets me the clamps.....

Jerry B    12

REV10's went on today and sound great...

Edited by Jerry B
  • Like 1

h20king    794

There was only ever one tower offered by Fineline that would give enough head room and that was the double up tube tower. I had a set of REV 410's mounted on the tower and had over six feet of clearance under them. All other towers you just have to pay attention. The speakers on my 226 are mounted to the side of the tower and they will still bite you if you forget they are there. On the up side the cans are plastic and not metal LOL