Jerry B

2015 Tower Speaker Suggestion

Jerry B    12

I'm new to the forum and am excited to bring home our new Centurion in a couple weeks which is our first Enzo. Bought a 2015 but did not go for the Downfire system. Anyone have any suggestions of what works well for speakers on the Maximus tower? I'm leaning toward a pair of REV10's but am not sure if I should put them on the built in Downfire mounts as they might be in the way (I'm 6'2" and have cracked my head on plenty of tower speakers). Thinking it might be better to have them mounted to the tube closer to the corners.

Would appreciate any suggestions - thanks.

boatnut    230

Check out the roswell Neptune 8 as well, that's what I am thinking

viking    491

Can't go wrong with a pair of Rev10's wherever you decide to mount them for the most headroom! Don't have maximus tower so not much help there :welcome:

WakeDoc    471

Can't go wrong with a pair of REV10's and Wet Sounds just released that they now have an speaker adapter for the Maximus tower. As for head room can say if you will hit your head but, they will have a smaller foot print than the down fire system and not hang any lower.

1427897685-U66.png

rockballer    162

X2 on the REV10's. I got Rev8's in my boat, maybe it's the tune or amp... Don't know, but I am disappointed with my 8's. Wish I would of went 10's for sure, They do take up allot more head room though from what I seen.

RVR-RAT    269

Rev 10's. Do it right the first time and save yourself time and money. Customer service is above and beyond as well.

boatnut    230
Rev 10's. Do it right the first time and save yourself time and money. Customer service is above and beyond as well.

Problem is, when your 6 foot 3, Rev 10's suck, that's my problem, I need low profile and Good. Sound, and keeping away from my HMO,....... Lmao

jester    111

I am an Exile fan and love the XM9 speakers. With being over 6 foot your always going to have to watch out for tower speakers. If i was that tall I would mount them on the tube closer to the corners. But I am only 5 foot 10 and never hit my head with them mounted on the downfire bracket.

Also asking boating people what speakers they like is like asking people what Vodka they like. Some people like one more then other but it is their taste and in the end everyone ends up drunk. You will get a lot of input but the best thing is to go listen to the sound and look at the price. If you can demo and look at a clean install on all the brands you hear about you can make an informed decision.

Edited by jester
  • Like 2

Wylie_Tunes    146

Driver wise, the Rev-10 is going to me much larger then both the Neptune and xm9, both of which are an 8" HLCD, so the Wet sounds Rev-8 would be a more fair comparison to them. Hang weight wise, the larger 10" rev-10 is not that much lower then the 8" xm9. Dont see those specs for the Neptune. The larger Rev-10 is going to clearly stand out in output as well as mid-bass extension. Getting a demo is very impotent. Wet Sounds has a large dealer network. Exile doesnt and dont know about Roswell.

boatnut    230

Roswell dealer network is getting larger and larger, Infact some of the largest wetsounds dealers are becoming Roswell dealers, which is surprising to me!!

truekaotik    458

Roswell dealer network is getting larger and larger, Infact some of the largest wetsounds dealers are becoming Roswell dealers, which is surprising to me!!

They need to target the high end dealers.... Which is Wet Sound dealers... Smart...

boatnut    230

I think after Demoing speakers I really like the warm sound of the exile sxt9, and the price with an amp is solid at 1100 bucks cad, exile 30.2 amp

Wylie_Tunes    146

I think after Demoing speakers I really like the warm sound of the exile sxt9, and the price with an amp is solid at 1100 bucks cad, exile 30.2 amp

hard to make a fair comparison between an 8" HLCD and an 8" coaxial. Have you had the opportunity to demo the 10" Wet Sounds Rev-10? Yes its an HLCD, but the 10" mid-bass driver really balances well with the 2" voice coil compression driver. All that and its about th same hang height as the sxt9 with 2x the power handling.

• Like 1

boatnut    230

hard to make a fair comparison between an 8" HLCD and an 8" coaxial. Have you had the opportunity to demo the 10" Wet Sounds Rev-10? Yes its an HLCD, but the 10" mid-bass driver really balances well with the 2" voice coil compression driver. All that and its about th same hang height as the sxt9 with 2x the power handling.

I have heard the Rev 10, but at almost 1600 for just the speakers, the sxt9's are a steal :)

viking    491

The rev10s can be had for ALOT less than 1600

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boatnut    230
The rev10s can be had for ALOT less than 1600

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't forget we's in Canada :)

Wylie_Tunes    146

I have heard the Rev 10, but at almost 1600 for just the speakers, the sxt9's are a steal :)

Thats understandable. Ive driven a Cadillac, but for at almost $50k for just the car, the Camry is a steal.

Whats the CA price difference, retail to retail, between the Icon-8 and sxt9? Thats the appropriate comparison. The Icon also offers less hang height with no loss of pod displacement and a far superior clamping system. The exile headphone jack system is prone to wear over a season or two. The Wet Sounds also allows for up to 4 wire leads for RGB LEDs to pass through the collar with the speaker leads. All while retaining the swivel and disconnect.

Jerry B    12

Thats understandable. Ive driven a Cadillac, but for at almost $50k for just the car, the Camry is a steal.

Whats the CA price difference, retail to retail, between the Icon-8 and sxt9? Thats the appropriate comparison. The Icon also offers less hang height with no loss of pod displacement and a far superior clamping system. The exile headphone jack system is prone to wear over a season or two. The Wet Sounds also allows for up to 4 wire leads for RGB LEDs to pass through the collar with the speaker leads. All while retaining the swivel and disconnect.

How are the Icon 8's for distance? I'm trying to find the best possible option for surf and wake sound without having to go to two different sets. If it's a $400 difference between getting something that is far superior at close and long range, I'm in.

Jerry B    12

I am an Exile fan and love the XM9 speakers. With being over 6 foot your always going to have to watch out for tower speakers. If i was that tall I would mount them on the tube closer to the corners. But I am only 5 foot 10 and never hit my head with them mounted on the downfire bracket.

Also asking boating people what speakers they like is like asking people what Vodka they like. Some people like one more then other but it is their taste and in the end everyone ends up drunk. You will get a lot of input but the best thing is to go listen to the sound and look at the price. If you can demo and look at a clean install on all the brands you hear about you can make an informed decision.

Does Exile have a mount for bolting to the downfire bracket? Or do you use a tube clamp?

Jerry B    12

Also looking at the WS420BT equalizer. A buddy has it and says it is the best way to be able to tweak the power from in boats to towers instead of just using the fade. I'm a little nervous about it though given the $800 price tag to get it installed.

Anyone else used this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..