Sign in to follow this  
toonka8ty

2015 Supreme s226 vs 2013 SV244

toonka8ty    1

HELP- Purchasing a new boat this year. Looking at ordering a new Supreme S226 (2015) or a used 2013 SV244 and needing input on what is a better option for me and my wake surfing family. I appreciate any information.

• Like 1

toonka8ty    1

HELP- Purchasing a new boat this year. Looking at ordering a new Supreme S226 (2015) or a used 2013 SV244 and needing input on what is a better option for me and my wake surfing family. I appreciate any information.

DarksideR    1,679

Two very different boats. We're going to need a little more about your needs and wants. How big is your family? How many people will you have on the boat usually? Is everybody regular footed or a mix of reg. and goofy? Will your tow vehicle be capable of towing a 244?

• Like 1

toonka8ty    1

We are a family of 4, two of them being kids 5 years and 7 years so they hardly count for weight. My wife is a surf addict and surfs goofy footed. We usually have at least 4 -6 adults in the boat at a time but I want to also have a boat that will run ok if it is just me and my immediate crew. I surf regular footed, when I am not fighting for wave time with the wife. We really want a boat with plenty of room that will consistently throw a good wave for everyone. We have battled boat power and wave length in the past and are ready to move on to something we can depend on being...well...awesome.

toonka8ty    1

I should also mention that we surf on a very large reservoir at about 7,000 feet. Anyone with info on boat power and altitude issues please chime in.

Troy    234

Fill us in with some more info.

What side do you surf?

Do you need to switch sides fast?

What options does the 244 have?

Ect.

The 244 will have a LOT more interior room. I bet you will love either boat.

Welcome to the Fineline Family, almost. :thumbsup:

Troy    234

I replied on your other thread.

What options does the 244 have?

What options are you planning on ordering on the 226?

From what you described so far I am leaning towards the 244 for you. It will have a lot more interior room for your family and friends.

toonka8ty    1

My wife surfs goofy and I'm regular so a fast switch would be a plus, the 244 is loaded has every option for 2013. We really want something that throws a consistently good wave with no power issues at out 7 elevation. We are a family of four with two small children but usually bring 4_5 extra adults along who all surf as well.

RhuntIII    555

Post up options you're looking for and what the used 244 has. You can never have a boat that to big. Unless your tow vehicle is to small. How close is your dealer to service either boats?

RhuntIII    555

I posted on the other thread. Either boats are going to throw a decent surf wave port/starboard. Go for the bigger boat.

toonka8ty    1

The 244 has all the options available for 2013 the closest dealer for either boat is about 200 miles i want the best surf wave I can get

RhuntIII    555

Then go with the 244 bigger boat bigger wave. The new 226's are ugly to me. 200 miles is a long way to get your boat serviced. I can tell you, and sorry for the pun but I'm in the same boat on a dealer. You better be willing to wrench because that could be your fastest way to get back on the water when something breaks.

Post up pics. and welcome to the crew.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

7000 feet... you'd better get a big motor and high altitude prop to match. Those that have a 226 will tell you that it's amazing and has plenty of room inside. But I guarantee you that it's nowhere near as big inside as the 244. I'm goofy footed and I wouldn't buy a Centurion without the A-plate and Cats. Those two options together really help clean up the goofy wave even when there's counterweight.

Hope you can find the right boat to foot the bill!

• Like 2

viking    491

At 7000 feet definitely get the motor upgrade and/or make sure the 244 has it!

h20king    794

Test them both we did and went with the 226 because in my opinion it puts out a bigger longer cleaner wave on both sides than the enzo. If you want to top the 226 wave you need to step up to an FS33 or 44

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

H is out of the corner, swinging with both hands.

I'm not sure on the high altitude equipment, I'm down on the coast. I'm pretty sure Dark and viking hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

dejoeco    59

The 2013 244 will not have ramfil. That would be the only quick switch option. I love the enzo features. More specifics are good to help you.

RVR-RAT    269

I'm SUPER happy with my sub-par wave..... LOL. In my opinion given the fact you have kids and generally have a decent size crew I would opt for the larger boat. The altitude I can't not comment on since I leave on the coast. Good luck with your search!! Keep us updated with your decision

BAMF    0

Test them both we did and went with the 226 because in my opinion it puts out a bigger longer cleaner wave on both sides than the enzo. If you want to top the 226 wave you need to step up to an FS33 or 44

Did you test the s226 with the new quick surf system? I think that is the hang up, Centurion has a notoriously good reputation for wake surfing, but the Supreme has the room we like. I am leaning toward the Supreme because of the new quick surf but am curios if it has been tested by anyone this early in the year yet.

h20king    794

Have not tried the quick surf yet .Don't get me wrong the enzo makes a nice wave We just liked the 226 wave more. For sure you get more interior space with the 244. Like i said demo both and get what works best for you .

• Like 3