KKilgore

2015 S21 vs S226 SURF WAVE

h20king    794

Its not even a competition the 226 is by far the better surf boat

viking    491

I've heard the S21 is finicky and requires a ton of bow weight

Erksonray    10

from another thread-

I drove this boat for a few pro friends of mine and my daughters boyfriend Parker (James Walker, Sean Cummings, Parker Payne, and Jason Lybeck) earlier this summer when we were practicing for the competition at my local lake in AZ. You are pretty close to having it dialed but there are 2 things that the S21 doesn't like, one is bow weight and the other is counter weight. Like Boot Juicer said (and I used to have a V226 as well) take out pretty much all of your counter weight. I wouldn't run more than 200 lbs of counter weight on either side. I also noticed that the starboard side liked 100% trim and the port liked 50% trim. I ran the surf side quickfill full, surf side pnp full, and a 400 lb surf side under seat bag full, along with about 200 lbs of counter weight at 10.6 on port and 11.2 on starboard.

Here are some videos and pics of the wave with that setup.

all are on a 2014 S21

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Its not even a competition the 226 is by far the better surf boat

Correct, the S21 cannot compare to the 226 in any way.

from another thread-

I drove this boat for a few pro friends of mine and my daughters boyfriend Parker (James Walker, Sean Cummings, Parker Payne, and Jason Lybeck) earlier this summer when we were practicing for the competition at my local lake in AZ. You are pretty close to having it dialed but there are 2 things that the S21 doesn't like, one is bow weight and the other is counter weight. Like Boot Juicer said (and I used to have a V226 as well) take out pretty much all of your counter weight. I wouldn't run more than 200 lbs of counter weight on either side. I also noticed that the starboard side liked 100% trim and the port liked 50% trim. I ran the surf side quickfill full, surf side pnp full, and a 400 lb surf side under seat bag full, along with about 200 lbs of counter weight at 10.6 on port and 11.2 on starboard.

Here are some videos and pics of the wave with that setup.

all are on a 2014 S21

That was my post^^^ and no offense to the S21 owners but i thought It made an average ok wave on regular and a washy faced below average wave on goofy with even more than stock weight and the quickfill. If you are buying new the 226 is only 6k more than the s21 and is well worth it in every way. The 226 rivals an enzo wave stock to stock and throws a mean wave on both sides! I would go back to a 226 if fineline would put a digital dash in the damn thing.

Edited by nasmith342

h20king    794

Nathan dont say that LOL i don't care about the digital dash what I want is a s246

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Nathan dont say that LOL i don't care about the digital dash what I want is a s246

Haha That would be nice as well! But before I got my FS44 I really did ask fineline to build me a custom S226 with the centurion touch vision dash and the upper screen and offered quite a bit more money for it with the response of NO lol.

DarksideR    1,679

They COULD make it an option! I think the majority of buyers would opt for it, but it's probably an upsell point for Finelines favorite child Centurion vs the adopted Supreme kid.

• Like 1

viking    491

I would have highly considered it for sure!!

Think your right tho Dark.

h20king    794

Nathan that's funny when I put in the order for my 226 I tried to offer more money and get the Centurion tower and was told NO!!! They said Centurion is Centurion and Supreme is Supreme and you cant mix options LOL I did however get them to let me have one of the centurion vinyl accent colors in my interior because supreme did not have a color that went with our black and pearl white interior. The factory thought it needed more than just the black and white that we ordered LOL its not like their built side by side

post-777-0-13518200-1423014558_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-42417000-1423014756_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1