Stretch    409

OH he knows. I'm pretty anal about my toys so I catch everything. He was supposed to call "his vinyl guy" about it and have it fixed before I picked it up. That didn't happen.

That's what has me so disappointed about the whole thing is he knew about all of it and still had it "not ready" when I showed up finally to get it. Was in his shop for 3 weeks and I checked on it every few days.

I would never let it go out of my shop like that. Just bummed!

He is working his way out of business with this type of situation whether consciously or not. People talk, yelp is neat and online is cool, but unhappy can absolutely customers ruin you. Especially ones with a right to be unhappy.

Stretch    409

Not sure why I typed that all backwards, *unhappy customers can ruin you

NW Boat Sports    232

Find yourself a rectangular piece of plastic about the width of the seal. Push the seal down with it using the shorter side of the rectangle on the seal. You will get most of it!

Vinyl can't be fixed, but I have an idea. PM your way.

• Like 1

viking    491

Who HOO! Well had a few hitches but still got my my break-in hours done and even had time for a surf set or 2. Weather wasn't ideal on the 2nd day when I finally got behind the boat but I had to do it. It was WINDY like I've never seen. Still have some fine tuning to do on the wave but It'll come.

10.8 mph, port quickfill full, pnp bag full, bow tank full (I think), driver on starboard and 4 kids and adult in bow:

post-3649-0-27163800-1434338111_thumb.jpg

Had a hard time figuring out if/when the center tank was full and empty. Tried to listen to a change in sound of the pumps. At least with the rear sack you can open the locker and look in.

Day 1 was out for about 1/2 hour and realized I was taking on some water and sounded funny when starting. After investigating found that the 2 lower exhaust clamps were completely loose and leaking water. Had to limp it back to the marina and get out the tool box. It was a PITA to contort and get down in there to get at them and get them sealed tight.

Also had a "service now" alarm and message when starting it a few times out on the lake. Talk about concerning!!

Best I could tell is it would trigger if starting it too fast when the current was pushing us close to the rock walls and I had to move. If I turned the key on one click and wait for a 5-10 seconds for the fuel pump and gauges to set it didn't seem to show it's ugly head. I hope it's not more than that?

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Nice wave!! Glad you were able to get out and use it!

NW Boat Sports    232

Also had a "service now" alarm and message when starting it a few times out on the lake. Talk about concerning!!

Best I could tell is it would trigger if starting it too fast when the current was pushing us close to the rock walls and I had to move. If I turned the key on one click and wait for a 5-10 seconds for the fuel pump and gauges to set it didn't seem to show it's ugly head. I hope it's not more than that?

Nothing more, you can't turn the key to fast. Never done it on a Supreme but have on a Sanger (same gauges). Good looking wave.

viking    491

Nothing more, you can't turn the key to fast. Never done it on a Supreme but have on a Sanger (same gauges). Good looking wave.

confused...........

should that be "you CAN turn the key too fast"?

So nothing to worry about as I was just over jealous and quick trigger starting? Or should I be dropping it off at my dealer before the 25 hour service? Thanx!!

h20king    794

Never had that problem with my boat but I do wait for the beep before I start. Your wave looks great but looks like you could use more weight. Do you have the wakemakers bag upgrade that NW boat sports puts in all their boats or do you have the stock sacks ?? speed up to 11.3 trim at 40% no counter weight. your rub rail should just kiss the water. Also if you do not have zero off check your speed with a GPS app.

h20king    794

If the center tank has a pump it should also have a vent. When my center tank is full water spills out the side of the boat up by the bow on the drivers side. In the pic it is the two ports by the registration numbers hope that hepls

post-777-0-09280100-1434377242_thumb.jpg

Edited by h20king

h20king    794

sorry pic sucks keeps posting smaller than original for some reason. but any way the ports are by the hull numbers

viking    491

If the center tank has a pump it should also have a vent. When my center tank is full water spills out the side of the boat up by the bow on the drivers side. In the pic it is the two ports by the registration numbers hope that hepls

I think they changed them in 2015 as all through hull ports are in the rear (4 on each side). Best I could tell both the center and port sack are vented in the same line. I woulld get water spilling out of the same port when either pump was on so must have had the center full if the vent lines are tied together? Never did fill the starboard quickfill or pnp bag!

As far as empty only way I know to check is listen for change in pump tone? I tried to look at tank through access hole in walk through but couldn't see anything really.

Never had that problem with my boat but I do wait for the beep before I start. Your wave looks great but looks like you could use more weight. Do you have the wakemakers bag upgrade that NW boat sports puts in all their boats or do you have the stock sacks ?? speed up to 11.3 trim at 40% no counter weight. your rub rail should just kiss the water. Also if you do not have zero off check your speed with a GPS app.

I'm going to definitely watch everything close. Really had an eagle eye on the vitals and everything seemed fine except for the Warning Beep and scrolling message a few times (again only happened at startup and would stay on until I turned everything off and went through the motion again - this time slower!).

Thanks for the pointers H20!!

I only have the stock pnp sacks. I think I'm going to buy some pellet bags to throw on the surf side under the storage seat in front of the pnp bag. I thought it was a good start and know It needs a bit of fine tuning. Forgot to say the trim was about 40-50%. Will keep you all posted!

• Like 1

h20king    794

when you get it dialed you are going to love your wave. I use pellet bags as well as custom sacks LOL

viking    491

ha ha............how much more do the custom sacks hold & weigh? I have a soft side cooler full of drinks and ice under the port middle seat. Also 3 bats (2 of them 6v for stereo bank and they are not light) under the observers seat. So I was hoping to get away without buying a custom portside sack and get close to the same furfside weight with adding just pellet bags? More is always better tho right................... :surfing2:

Bongo Fury    640

when you get it dialed you are going to love your wave. I use pellet bags as well as custom sacks LOL

H...how much weight in pellet bags do you use?

Edited by Bongo Fury

h20king    794

600 LBS spread throughout the boat 300 in the bow and 300 surf side

h20king    794

ha ha............how much more do the custom sacks hold & weigh? I have a soft side cooler full of drinks and ice under the port middle seat. Also 3 bats (2 of them 6v for stereo bank and they are not light) under the observers seat. So I was hoping to get away without buying a custom portside sack and get close to the same furfside weight with adding just pellet bags? More is always better tho right................... :surfing2:

Send NW boat sports a PM for exact specs. For the S226 I think it is two sacks linked together. One for the rear locker and one for under the side seat connected with two one inch hoses so cost should not be that much. Wakemakers has come way down on custom prices now that they make their own. Just had a goofy side custom Enzo style sack made for 4 bills. Bought a custom Flyhigh sack last year and it was $850
  • Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

600 LBS spread throughout the boat 300 in the bow and 300 surf side

Wow....600lbs in addition to your custom sacks? How much weight do you run surfing?

NW Boat Sports    232

confused...........

should that be "you CAN turn the key too fast"?

So nothing to worry about as I was just over jealous and quick trigger starting? Or should I be dropping it off at my dealer before the 25 hour service? Thanx!!

Yes, you can turn the key too fast triggering a check engine alarm. Just go slow. You do need custom wakemakers sacs for the 226. They are connected with 3 hoses H, not 2 :) They do suck flat as a pancake with the fineline installed check valves!!

Edited by NW Boat Sports
  • Like 1

h20king    794

Wow....600lbs in addition to your custom sacks? How much weight do you run surfing?

Bongo our custom sack is 1500 LBS + or - some LBS and the factory bow tank is about 250LBS- 300 LBS I think. The factory does not give specs. And we run the 600 LBS of lead on top of that so about 2400 LBS of ballast.

viking    491

Thanks NW!! I guess I'll be hitting up wakemakers here real soon!! LOL

• Like 2