DarksideR    1,679

Forgot all about that thread! Nice find Dura. I would say that the shape of the tab obviously had an impact on its effect on the wave. I'm now leaning toward getting the Quicksurf tabs. Trying to find out if they help out in shaping a listed boat. I was thinking that if I have a smaller crew, I was going to fill a 750 on the floor. But now maybe these tabs would eliminate the need?

But I also just looked at the dollar exchange... Anyone got a crystal ball they can look into and tell me things are gonna get better!? We just got to the point where I may have to pull the plug. My cost has gone up about $2800 in the last month.

• Like 1

duramat    462

I don't know, part of me wants to believe it works, but I'm skeptical. There was mention made on Volz's thread about his A-plate having to much downstroke creating a lot of pressure on the mounting hardware along with a potential of swamping the nose at high speeds. Therefore centurion didn't have their wake plates with much downstroke. Think about it,your Enzo is loaded with how many k's of #'s and that hardware is trying to level that much level? I see a potential fail in what I'm seeing. I say hold off and let others find problems in the system before committing. So far all we've seen is a short clip video that promises and no back up info regarding how it's held up and been tested. I don't want you to be that 1gen victim like some of those with Ramfill. Ya know?

I like Centurion,just don't want to see others, (good friends especially) get hosed on a new boat with promises of handling problems that arise with "sorry, 1 year biotch"cause I've seen it done.

The mounting hardware looks chincy and insufficient judging by the pics.

RhuntIII    555

Maybe it time for someone in "The Know" to chime in on all this feedback and not leave it stranded, dead in the water.

• Like 1

bluesman280    99

Hey DS

Tough decision........

Myself, I think I would take the chance and add the system if the price is right.

Hopefully the warranty will deal with any flaws in design that show up.....aka weak hinges.

Usually it is cheaper and easier to take it off if you are not impressed, then it is to install it latter.

If it works, great.........then you get to enjoy it. Plus you have the benefit of the surf system from the resale point of view.

Hopefully Centurions testing has come up with something good, not a useless gadget.

Dang.......never even thought about the US$$ issue. That would hurt.

Normally, I hate seeing the Canadian $$$ tanking...........but luckily this time I negotiated my work contract in US$, so at least 1 Canadian is happy to see our dollar tanking.

Dura, at high speeds (I think over 15mph) the centurion system will automatically retract. That should take care of your concern there, as far as high speed bow dip and all.

RHunt, look for more releases from fineline early next week.

Joe.

DarksideR    1,679

Yeah, I'm going to talk to my dealer about warranty in detail. But I think I'm gonna get it. I chatted with Todd last night about it. And it seems like it's worth doing.

The dollar really is killing me. The great price I got on the boat has slipped away somewhat.

• Like 2

Bongo Fury    640

Dark....my point of view is if the technology is available go for it.....things change so fast and I have every confidence Centurion and your dealer will make it right if you have an issue. I really wish I had CATS on my boat and some of the other changes that have been made since I bought my 2013. If I can add some of them on I will ( A plate is done) but some things just can't be done. I'm super glad I optioned my boat with just about everything that was available at the time including the bigger power package. No looking backward!!

• Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

Heres a video of it in action, that wasnt filmed by a toaster like the other crappy video lol

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Well that's alot better! And that overhead shot at the beginning shows that they don't look like they'll be as much of a danger to shins as I originally thought. Waves look pretty decent, but I still think it's better listed. So my only concern right now would be if they're going to cause any spray or etc. issues when listed.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Also, the video states that the setup was just pro ballast plus two people... So that's both Ramfill full? That's a lot of weight. Gonna burn through the fuel even more than listed. Or at least I'd imagine. I still plan to run it listed and maybe add a little more downward force with the quicksurf if it works.

NW Boat Sports    232

We played around with our S-21 yesterday that has quick surf. Tons of debris in the river and it's really moving but we didn't notice any spray, listed or not. Prelim. results look like the best wave comes from full quick fill and full plug and play.

DarksideR    1,679

So, the quicksurf didn't help at all?

NW Boat Sports    232

Must not have been clear. Yes, quick surf deployed, full ballast with plug and play. Boat loaded level...We also played around with emptying one side quick fill and listing with and without quick surf deployed.

Edited by NW Boat Sports

DarksideR    1,679

Ahhh, gotcha.

Guess what I'm trying to figure out is if you're loaded "oldschool IE. listed to one side", if the Quicksurf will help at all or even hurt at all? If I read your post correctly, you tried this, but the best wave came from using the quicksurf while loaded full and level?

Granted, the S21 has gotten a bit of a bad rap as a less than great surf boat.

viking    491

We played around with our S-21 yesterday that has quick surf. Tons of debris in the river and it's really moving but we didn't notice any spray, listed or not. Prelim. results look like the best wave comes from full quick fill and full plug and play.

I read it as the best surf wave came from Full tanks and bags, NO QUICKSURF, and that would mean traditional "listed" boat. No Spray from Quicksurf tabs either in use or not. So interpret that as no negative effects, but any Positive is unclear. Maybe I'm wrong? Probably need to clarify for us tuning in!!

Lak3surf3r    714

Also, the video states that the setup was just pro ballast plus two people... So that's both Ramfill full? That's a lot of weight. Gonna burn through the fuel even more than listed. Or at least I'd imagine. I still plan to run it listed and maybe add a little more downward force with the quicksurf if it works.

Sean ran both rams full PnP's full and the bow at 20% for that video and the opposite from surf side quicksurf deployed. He also said that the quicksurf did not help nor hurt a traditionally listed wave when deployed or tucked up when under way with no spray or wash.

I have filled my FS44 like that before trying to clean up the wake face with people weight switching sides for transfers and the 450 in my boat used about 12.5gph while doing so at 11.4mph

Edited by nasmith342
  • Like 1

shawndoggy    49

Sean ran both rams full PnP's full and the bow at 20% for that video and the opposite from surf side quicksurf deployed. He also said that the quicksurf did not help nor hurt a traditionally listed wave when deployed or tucked up when under way with no spray or wash.

I have filled my FS44 like that before trying to clean up the wake face with people weight switching sides for transfers and the 450 in my boat used about 12.5gph while doing so at 11.4mph

but hopefully summer 2015 burning 12.5 gph will only "feel" like 7gph in summer 2014 dollars.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..