And Winter,

Not sure on those items but we will post up as soon as we have that info. I hope they keep it separate from the WWSC value package, so that folks that don't want the Quick Surf can still get a deal with the WWSC package.

RhuntIII    555

Just more evidence that this was a hurry up, get it done so we can make the sale.

BTW, I like the idea of trim tabs.

NW Boat Sports    232

Much better video coming out with Sean riding..

Moomba coming out with the AutoFlow in a week or so, think Supra Swell with cheaper materials and a nice white water line in the wave like NSS on a G.

PCM staying with GM going with the 5.3L direct injection and 6.2L direct injection moving forward. Ford came to PCM first with the Raptor motor, they declined. Raptor 400 has about 361HP, 400 refers to torque.

Edited by NW Boat Sports

Rhunt, what about this system makes you think it was a hurry up and get it done job? I just spent 4 days out there, in these boats, and I did not get that impression at all. (I'm not calling you out here, i'm just curious).

I will be the first to admit, I am SUPER critical over new stuff, especially if its not well thought out, if you do not believe me, just ask the guys at Fineline, they will tell you that I don't mind busting their chops.

Here is what I know for sure:

Number 1, and I can't stress this enough... The guy who built this system....has his crap together. He does not just throw things together and hope for the best.

2, this was not rushed together over like two weeks. This project has been in the works for months.

3, the shape of those tabs is NOT an accident. Many different shapes were tested and found to have less effective impacts on the wave. Beyond that, there are no right angles (corners), sharp edges, or anything of the like on these blades.

4, I keep seeing posts about the center transom eyes. Guys keep in mind that the boat in the pictures is a test mule, and not a production version of the system. I'm 99% sure from conversations that I've had with the team that the trailer straps are being relocated on the trailers once this system hits production. I'm 100% sure that in California you have to strap your boat down to tow it up the road, so therefore on this boat the other eyes were added.

5, This is something that was created as an option, not a necessity. We already had the best surf hulls in the industry. This just gives us all another tool to throw in the box. Do you need it to make a world class wave? Absolutely not. Is it cool as hell? Yep

For the ones who don't like the shape of the tabs, what shape would you prefer?

Keep the comments and feedback coming, this is good stuff.

Joe.

Edited by Overby Marine
  • Like 1

rockballer    162

You need different actuators with more travel to get the tabs up more! You also now will need to revise the current swim platform to allow for a tight perfect fit with the tabs up. Maybe even try making the tabs out of fibreglass and paint them the same color as the hull. Much cleaner look.... And dang... those hinges need to be covered with a nice piece of aluminum... they look just as bad as Malibu's. Something off of a barn door.

• Like 2

rockballer    162

Since the swim platform is detachable you can basically still sell the new platform with the surf tabs as a kit. Sure it won't be cheap. But will be universal to all centurions

• Like 1

Why do you say the tabs need to come up more? They are mounted in such a way that they run dry when they are not deployed now, why do we need them higher?

We have a bigger platform, all boats that came with a fiberglass platform up until 2012 had it. it was just scrapped in 2013 or 2014 for the "surf" sized platform that stays out of the wave. I'll mention it and see what they think.

I personally would not like to see the tabs made out of fiberglass. Especially after seeing how many fiberglass molds it already takes to build todays boats. The stainless is stronger, more repeatable or consistent, and I dare say less expensive to fabricate.

I guess its just because I've sold boats with stainless trim tabs on them my whole life that I don't mind these....

shawndoggy    49

Joe do people hit their knees and shins on the tabs getting back in the boat from the side of the platform? Any risk of little kids jumping off the platform and impaling / hitting themselves on the tabs?

RhuntIII    555

I'm gonna need more detailed photos. I just don't feel right giving my thoughts on just the pictures in this thread. I'm going to anyway.

tprice    118

I could be wrong but I thought the head guy from Malibu who helped design the surf gate is now at Fineline. If correct, I would assume they used his expertise and R & D knowledge to enhance Centurions new option.

RhuntIII    555

Lets begin with the A-semetrical plate. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that designed to work similar to the port trim tab. I’m going to call it a trim tab for the sake of argument. When deployed it helps clean up the starboard wake? Now is this A-shape, is it still needed with the Quick Surf System? Lets look at the hinge on the A-plate, it runs the entire length of the horizontal surface.

I know that a center trim tab with out the A-shape raises and lowers the bow and the port and starboard trim tabs will correct the boat to ride level with uneven weight. I would bet by accident someone found out that they could clean up a surf wave by deploying a trim tab at slow speed.

"We are gonna need a bigger trim tab." With a fancy name of course.

Look at the hinges on the Quick Surf they look way under sized compared to the A-plate, All three trim tabs should have the same hinges. They need to match, they need to be uniform, they need to look OEM.

I have already mentioned the trailer straps, I should not have to do it again.

Being that these boats are a V-hull they should not have much side to side movement on the trailer. The way the straps are installed in the photos this will do nothing if the boat was to come straight up off the trailer.

Once again my opinion is based on the previous photos the only thing that looks cool on the Quick Surf in the laser etched logo. The rest looks like oversized poo with under sized toilet paper hinges.

If I was I was redesigning the stern to incorporate a Quick Surf System my first thoughts would be remove the A-wing from the A-plate, make sure all trim tabs match as if they all came from the same manufacturer, If a large trim tab was needed figure out a way to tuck it underneath the swim deck. Will the old swim deck be better if we are not listing the boat as much?

I’m not sure if my redesigning ideas would work because I don’t have the means to test different ideas but if I did and If I could I would be on the first plane to Merced to help out.

Lets begin with the A-semetrical plate. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that designed to work similar to the port trim tab. I’m going to call it a trim tab for the sake of argument. When deployed it helps clean up the starboard wake? Now is this A-shape, is it still needed with the Quick Surf System? Lets look at the hinge on the A-plate, it runs the entire length of the horizontal surface.

I know that a center trim tab with out the A-shape raises and lowers the bow and the port and starboard trim tabs will correct the boat to ride level with uneven weight. I would bet by accident someone found out that they could clean up a surf wave by deploying a trim tab at slow speed.

"We are gonna need a bigger trim tab." With a fancy name of course.

Look at the hinges on the Quick Surf they look way under sized compared to the A-plate, All three trim tabs should have the same hinges. They need to match, they need to be uniform, they need to look OEM.

I have already mentioned the trailer straps, I should not have to do it again.

Being that these boats are a V-hull they should not have much side to side movement on the trailer. The way the straps are installed in the photos this will do nothing if the boat was to come straight up off the trailer.

Once again my opinion is based on the previous photos the only thing that looks cool on the Quick Surf in the laser etched logo. The rest looks like oversized poo with under sized toilet paper hinges.

If I was I was redesigning the stern to incorporate a Quick Surf System my first thoughts would be remove the A-wing from the A-plate, make sure all trim tabs match as if they all came from the same manufacturer, If a large trim tab was needed figure out a way to tuck it underneath the swim deck. Will the old swim deck be better if we are not listing the boat as much?

I’m not sure if my redesigning ideas would work because I don’t have the means to test different ideas but if I did and If I could I would be on the first plane to Merced to help out.

Assuming they didn't do all of this in their R&D, correct?

Sata3000    15

2, this was not rushed together over like two weeks. This project has been in the works for months.

I remember Todd posting a video this summer showing the ram fill stating no need for bolt ons or tabs. I feel that if the above comment was true Todd would not have made that statement.

• Like 1

nailem    29

I would really like to see what it does to the wave while listed. my first boat was a 20' I/O and it had two trim tabs to level the boat. while I was getting use to using them I had one all the way down and took off. the boat listed to the side so hard we all almost fell out of the boat. with that in mind I always thought that mounting side trim tabs and deploying done the starboard side would create lift on the starboard side and sink the port.

The first thing I noticed is how cheap the hinges look.

• Like 2

RhuntIII    555

Assuming they didn't do all of this in their R&D, correct?

I really don't know what to assume.

I know I'm not the only one thinking good idea, subpar install.

Several good points have been made after the above quote.

Edited by RhuntIII
  • Like 1

duramat    462

I'm enjoying this thread LOL

$100k boat with a gimmick so ugly that would scare the hair off the back of a monkey.

I'm not feeling the love for this.

I'm with Rhunt, how long is this gonna last LOL

• Like 1

duramat    462

I remember Todd posting a video this summer showing the ram fill stating no need for bolt ons or tabs. I feel that if the above comment was true Todd would not have made that statement.

First off....back in my carny days, you have a quota and a game. Your job is to sell that game and make everyone feel like a winner. And you say anything you can to hype it up for the kids dollar.

So at the Boatshow, I was talking to a pro rider (I'll keep his identity hidden) and he was bagging on Malibus surf gate cause it made the boat "crab" as it was cruising along.....next year later our beloved brand comes out with CATS!! And how awesome it was! LMAO....

You take what's said with a grain of salt when it comes to those in sales. Carny is a carny, may be a different industry in sales, but no different...getting that dollar is the goal

• Like 3

Rhunt: The A plate really doesn't act much like a side tab would at all. Its sole purpose in life is to deflect prop wash down away from the face of the wave to firm it up. It works really well at that. Regardless of any other features that are added I would still want the A plate.

You're exactly right about the straps, I tried to cover that in my earlier post, so you wouldn't have to repeat yourself, but just be assured it won't be a problem. I'm actually really pretty stoked that the biggest complaint I keep hearing about this is the damn trailer straps. If that's the worst problem to resolve we are in good shape.

Sata: This has been in the works for months, regardless of what you believe. As far as the no need for bolt ons or tabs, I'll stand by that. My 2014 FX44 has no bolt ons, i'll put the wave on that boat up against anything that any factory puts on the door, stock for stock. Like I said before, this system isn't a necessity, its just another option.

• Like 4

Sata3000    15

I personally don't have a problem with the tabs, and hope that it puts more Enzo's on the lake.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..