viking    491

WakeDoc - do you know if it it can be added to a boat currently in the build process?

I left a message with my dealer but haven't heard back. Its got me thinking now. I'm not necessarily sold on needing the surf system but more for resale down the road when it comes time to upgrade/sell again. Depending on price I might want to add it hear at the last minute if I have the ability?

Thanks

Where are you at in the build process? If the boat is in detail and ready to ship, might not happen unless it is a dealer retrofit. But, if its still being built, I'd bet they can make it happen. I'm sure the factory is expecting this sort of thing, seeing as this is what happens when a new option is introduced almost half way through a model year..

shawndoggy    49

How can a tab that big not create list especially on a relatively more-prone-to-list-one-way-or-the-other deep v hull? It has to be tipping the boat.

And is there any assurance that the tabs won't interfere with a traditionally listed configuration?

Edited by shawndoggy

duramat    462

^^^ Agreed with SSM NJ - better interior vinyl is what we needed most! At the Polar Bear the FS33 was the most popular boat and wave, however every comment from every rider stated the vinyl was a step below ALL of the other boats at the event.

LOL Just wait till you try to have warranty work on it!

Mmmmm another tab...to tab or not to tab...that is the question

WakeDoc    471

Couple more pics sent to me from Tracker Marine in Houston

1418223764-U66.jpg

1418223833-U66.jpg

Lak3surf3r    714

Maybe it'll help a listed boat?

I am wondering the same and also if I add it and still list my boat if will throw off my existing wave while they are in the up position. I like the idea of having both options of listing my boat as is and setting it up for transfers if I want to do so.

Edited by nasmith342

viking    491

Wish I knew. I'm trying to find out. Dealer has been less than accommodating keeping me informed.

Interesting the latest pics show additional transom hooks in the center since the original location won't work with the plates.

My thoughts are depending on cost of the system as long as it doesn't interfere with traditional listed boat wake, it may even assist, and resale will be better if its "in" and everybody wants it.

I gotta get some of my questions answered SOON!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by viking
  • Like 1

I don't see it negatively effecting a standard listed boat.. In fact, it can probably help some.. Many folks with Nautiques, Malibus, MC's etc. still overweight the boat on the surf side to get the most out of it. Even the G23 at Nationals was listed, albeit not as much as the Enzo at worlds. The way I see it is that regardless of surf system if you're weighting the boat totally evenly than your leaving something on the table. Can't wait to get one of these systems and really put it to the test and see what the best configurations are..

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

How can a tab that big not create list especially on a relatively more-prone-to-list-one-way-or-the-other deep v hull? It has to be tipping the boat. And is there any assurance that the tabs won't interfere with a traditionally listed configuration?

I re watched the video of it switching sides and noticed that it does switch listing to the surf side when it transfers. My thought is that it could help a fully traditional listed setup of a centurion as well. I hope thats the case, but I guess I will find out in January lol

I don't see it negatively effecting a standard listed boat.. In fact, it can probably help some.. Many folks with Nautiques, Malibus, MC's etc. still overweight the boat on the surf side to get the most out of it. Even the G23 at Nationals was listed, albeit not as much as the Enzo at worlds. The way I see it is that regardless of surf system if you're weighting the boat totally evenly than your leaving something on the table. Can't wait to get one of these systems and really put it to the test and see what the best configurations are..

^^Agreed!

• Like 2

wideman55    8

Seems as though the Centurion "no gimmicks, no bolt ons" Facebook post has been deleted.

• Like 2

Nick213    583

Seems as though the Centurion "no gimmicks, no bolt ons" Facebook post has been deleted.

lol! We all know it's a unnecessary option though :)
  • Like 1

Nick213    583

I think by centurion doing this there sarcastically saying.....

We can do that too :)

I hate it but love the sarcasm of it! Ramfill, cats, and now just because they can..... Quick surf too! ;)

• Like 2

RhuntIII    555

So we bolted these hefty trim tab's to the stern, then we realized the trailer hooks won't work. Come on Fineline don't rush these kind of things.

It's a great idea and those look to be installed by a monkey.

I'm gonna need to see more footage of the waves to buy this gimmick.

• Like 1

rockballer    162

It does look half assed onto the back of the boat. Malibus is atleast integrated into the swim platform and painted to match. People on my would be stepping on them half drunk... these wouldn't last too long on my rig

DarksideR    1,679

So we bolted these hefty trim tab's to the stern, then we realized the trailer hooks won't work. Come on Fineline don't rush these kind of things.

It's a great idea and those look to be installed by a monkey.

I'm gonna need to see more footage of the waves to buy this gimmick.

Holy crap! I didn't even notice that! They actually installed a second set of D hooks under the swim grid! Man, that does NOT look very good.

• Like 1

Hey All,

I have an order in the build process and talked to my dealer yesterday (there is a reason they are dealer of the year regularly). They assured me that we would be to add this option if we so chose. But as South said it would probably be a little harder if your build was almost completed. A couple of points brought up to me by the dealer.

1. They didn't just throw this out there, they have been doing ongoing testing for awhile.

2. They went with these kinds of tabs based on studies that have been done recently. Systems that went out the side (wake gate) were compared versus tabs near the bottom (swell by Supra or this new system). In all of the major areas the tabs systems outperformed the systems going out the side. One major factor is that the tabs type systems (when in use) caused a 20% increase in fuel consumption whereas the side based systems (when deployed) caused a 60% increase in fuel consumption.

My dealer said they did not get the official word on the system until Monday and then it was released to the public Tuesday. They were still unclear on the pricing. With that said I wonder if any of those in the know (WakeDoc, SouthShore, etc) the following:

1. What will be the cost for the option?

2. Will the World Wake Surf option be redundant with this system?

RhuntIII    555

"Testing for awhile" "studies that have been done recently" :shok:

So we get a few pics released and a very short video showing the wave transfer. Now we have a couple more pics with trailer straps that do not look very effective. I'm really not sure if the straps are needed being that the tush end of the boat is so heavy, but that's for another topic.

Now we see a couple of numbers showing a fuel increase.

I wonder if relocating the straps on the trailer instead of putting more holes in the boat was a thought?

Nuatique and Paviti have a really nice system that is tucked up and out of the way when not deployed.

I predict that these bolt on accessories will last just as long as the Aegis tower and or changed just as quick as the FX series title.

With the major price increase of these boats I would just like too see thought out and quality installed add ons.

R&D anyone?

Merry Christmas!

I have to ask.. Do guys think they should have built the surf system around the trailer?? I for one, am glad the trailer straps weren't their primary concern when designing a system to that has to do with wake surfing performance. It's quite an easy solution to relocate the trailer straps. I agree, this is not the most aesthetically pleasing device, I'm sure they'll continue to refine it. I hope to see them come out with something more integrated into the hull. Not like Surf Gate or NSS though, I've never been all that impressed with either system. If they can figure out how to execute this system in a more refined, integrated way, that'd be a homerun. All in all, if you like the idea of the transfer and were previously disappointed that the Centurion wasn't capable of it, well here you go!!

Edited by South Shore Marina NJ

rockballer    162

x2

Wouldn't it of been easier to modify the mounting points on the trailer instead of drilling more holes into the back of the boat for the straps?

Edited by rockballer
  • Like 1

Well given that these guys are boat builders and not metal guys, probably not. In this particular case it was probably easier to relocate the eyes.. Just a drill and some sealent, done. I'm not sure if they will have the trailer builders change the trailers or not seeing as not all of these boats will have this system. We'll have to wait and see what the permanent solution is. Frankly, the relocated eyes don't both me. In my opinion, the added lateral support is a good thing. I might even cross them if I could..

Edited by South Shore Marina NJ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..