DarksideR

Coming soon... order, ALMOST up

NW Boat Sports    232

Get quicksurf and downfire for re-sale. I am at the factory drinking the Roswell coolaid. They sound good, plus the two knobs to control tower speakers, etc. are nice. Some people like to have the boat level, quicksurf gives them this option. I had a customer come into the shop saying they were going to buy a G23 because the wife hates listing the boat. Now I can sell them a S226....

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

So when does the wife have a say in anything? Just kidding... She's sitting right next to me.

h20king    794

Brian you should bring home a retro kit for a S226

• Like 1

bluesman280    99

Hey Darksider......good to hear the plan is coming together. It is going to throw an awesome wave regardless of color. Spring cant get here soon enough.

bluesman280    99

Hey Darksider......good to hear the plan is coming together. It is going to throw an awesome wave regardless of color.

Spring cant get here soon enough.

bluesman280    99

Hey Darksider......good to hear the plan is coming together. It is going to throw an awesome wave regardless of color.

Spring cant get here soon enough.

• Like 1

After reading through all this input, here's my advice. Ignore all of it and do exactly what your gut tells. Don't get me wrong, it's all solid advice but it may not be whats right for you. I know after making a decision, and then getting all different kinds of input on here youre probably laying awake at night trying to decide what to do. I've seen it a million times, folks get caught up in a million different opinions and it can literally drive you insane! I think your thought process on everything is from speakers and quick surf to the colors is fine. It sounds like you know what you want, so go with that!

Edited by South Shore Marina NJ
  • Like 3

NW Boat Sports    232

Brian you should bring home a retro kit for a S226

Available on Centurion boats built at the factory in January, then later Supreme built at the factory then retro kits. Vender is working 6 days a week to build them...

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I think that's some really good advice South Shore. Went to Extreme Boatsport today to finalize interior and look at the gelcoat chips again. Didn't really help me make a decision ! lol.

• Like 3

h20king    794

Dark great color choices. They are timeless and will sell well in the future.

Bongo Fury    640

Dark...in doing your research on your FS33 did you figure out what the deal was with the weight difference between the FS33 and the SV233? I am curious as the website lists the weight of the SV233 and the FS33 both at 4600 lb.. The FS has a 6 inch deeper draft and sits 16 as opposed to 14 in the SV233. Interestingly they also put a 409 standard in the FS33 and not in the SV233 (I love the 409 on my 233) yet they say they weigh the same. Just does not all seem to add up to me and figured you might know since you have been looking closely. Thanks!

Bongo that's got to be a misprint...I will see what I can find out.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Yeah. Definitely a misprint. I never did get an actual weight. But we figured it had to be pretty close to the SV244's weight which is supposed to be 5000lbs. I WOULD like to know though. And the tongue weight.

viking    491

Thanks everybody.

I've been toying with the idea of the white tower... we'll see. Ive got around a month or two to change my mind on the gelcoat, and a little longer on the add-ons. No Downfire. Dare I ask peoples opinions on what tower speakers to get??? LOL

I ordered my supreme without any of the stereo upgrades to do it myself as well. Went with a pair of Rev10's. Knew I wasn't going to be happy with the Icon 8's, amps, or the location of the 10in sub in the port compartment. After talking to Tim at WS and others it seemed the way to go. I want projection but also surf sound and floating tunes and the bigger 10 speaker is less harsh when tuned right and on lower volume. Otherwise it seemed it was either surf distance or 100ft. back but not both and the Rev10 is going to be best at a compromise.

I also didn't have the Downfire as an option like you so that would have muddied the water even more but at the price I probably would have passed as well.

I know the anticipation of waiting for the build. Happy for you and post up a pic of it when you finally get to meet her and rub her down :)

DarksideR    1,679

I know the anticipation of waiting for the build. Happy for you and post up a pic of it when you finally get to meet her and rub her down :)

It is hard to explain just how it feels. So excited, and nervous, and worried that it won't look amazing. Oh for sure there'll be pics! Going with Rev10's as well. Just one pair to start. Just 4 more months of anticipation...

It is hard to explain just how it feels. So excited, and nervous, and worried that it won't look amazing. Oh for sure there'll be pics! Going with Rev10's as well. Just one pair to start. Just 4 more months of anticipation...

It's funny that you're worried it won't look amazing, because I can guarantee it will look way better then you can imagine! I've unwrapped quite a few of these boats and each one exceeds my expectations when I finally see it in person!

DarksideR    1,679

It's funny that you're worried it won't look amazing, because I can guarantee it will look way better then you can imagine! I've unwrapped quite a few of these boats and each one exceeds my expectations when I finally see it in person!

I'll agree with that. Every boat I've gone to look at has looked even better in person than in pics. Even the ones I've thought were super ugly or boring have looked good. I guess I'm over thinking it.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I changed the color scheme.

This is the final rendition

post-848-0-77110800-1420271978_thumb.jpg

Should look kinda like this

post-848-0-01859300-1420272025_thumb.jpg

Excuse the finger painting I did quickly on my ipad. Lol

• Like 3

That's going to look awesome. Here is one we sold that was similar.

Edit: nevemind pic is too big to attach. Just like every other picture I try to share.

Edited by Overby Marine
  • Like 1

Dreamer    96

That boat will look really sharp in the lake!?