DarksideR

Coming soon... order, ALMOST up

viking    491

Back on topic - what's the status Dark?

Dreamer    96

as the loonie dips below eighty cents. Ouch. Glad I purchased my boat last fall when it was close to par.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Ok ok. It's not in my name yet, but as soon as I get the quotes for the extras I can call the bank to get my loan.

I'll try to keep this story short.

It all started back in 2010... LOL.

So, everyone knows that I had to back out of the FS33 because of the Canadian dollar dropping so rapidly that the exchange rate priced the boat too high. So I went to look at the in stock boats at ExtremeBoatSport. And decided that I'd go with the S226 even though I wasn't crazy about the colors or some of the options. Tony could tell that I wasn't totally psyched about it and said that I could probably order one with the stuff I wanted of very close to the price of the in stock one. So I excitedly went home and optioned one out. He got back to me with a price(all prices of custom boats are quoted in US dollars because it's changing so much every day) and it was more than the in stock one, but figured it was worth it. So I said let's do it and put a rush on it before the dollar dips again! THE VERY NEXT DAY... It dipped 2.5 cents!!! I immediately called Tony and asked how long this was going to take and when I could back out? The outcome was at least a couple weeks before we could switch the funds. This was all too scary for me. The boat was steadily climbing $1000 daily. I had to back out again. So now I feel horrible for putting him through this again even though he's super chill about it and says he feels bad of what's happening to me! The guy is incredibly easy to deal with and try's really hard to help me out.

So, this is getting to be a long story afterall!

With all things considered, the boat that fit the budget, that I liked the best for fit and finish and interior layout and gadgets and style and surf wave and quick side switching and resale value.... Was a used 2014 FX22. It's got the 409 motor, ramfill and cats(bonus for goofy footers ie. ME) all the goodies you'd expect from an FX, Deckadence, baller trailer, spare tire, but does need a couple upgrades. Ballast, stereo, heater, windam. YES, it does have a low freeboard especially compared to an S226, but when loaded with weight, I don't see any difference between it and any of the other Enzo's. Water is right at the rear side vent.

I'm incredibly excited to be getting it and cannot wait for summer! Just hope the lakes have water then! Our snowpack is at an all time low amount for this time of year. :(

This is her

post-848-0-54324500-1422595913_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

DarksideR    1,679

They always look even better on the water!

post-848-0-56102900-1422596073_thumb.jpg

I think it's got a real clean look to it. Gonna tint the window to add some more contrast though.

Nick213    583

Excellent dark! When do you bring her home? I'm glad you got your wants and needs, you'll love that new baby :)

DarksideR    1,679

Not sure just yet. Probably within a couple weeks. I'll squeeze her into the garage and start to install the PNP ballast and stereo, just two Rev10's. And a sub.

boatnut    230

So you Bought it eh? I saw the boat a few weeks ago, congrats, on your purchase, she will kick some butt!! Hopefully see you on a lake this summer!!

viking    491

Dark I LIKE IT!

Great Colors (but that's my taste).

I'm glad you finally closed on something to get this drama behind you and looks like you ended up with pretty darn close to what you wanted and now you can put your own touch on it with some upgrades.

Looking forward to some more pics......

h20king    794

Awesome love the clean colors. The window tint will make it pop. If you go with white Rev 10's black speaker grills will tie it all together

post-777-0-41306600-1422624867_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-78106000-1422624976_thumb.jpg

rockballer    162

Seen that one there. That boats Fing sweet. The metal.flake.looks great under the sun. My wife loved that boat. I hear ua about the lakes being low. Absolutely no snow on the mountains. :( kinda scary

Edited by rockballer

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks guys. It's not in my name just yet, but it's a done deal minus the paperwork.

I agree H, should look real slick. What level of tint did you do on your boat H? We're both in the Pacific Northwest. I don't want to go too dark for consideration of evening rides.

The one good thing about our lakes is that they're F'ing deep. Sadly, the boat ramps only go so far! LOL. Pitt river might be even more crowded this summer! Lets all pray for lots of snow in February!!

rockballer    162

Ya Pitt river last year was low. My trailer falls off the ramp at one location and it's all mud. Had to literally drag the boat onto the bunks while loading up a few times just because I was scared of not being able to tow it out. If it's lower than last season my launch might be out of the question. It's been pissing for weeks and the lakes are high ATM. that's the only good news :)

Bigcatpt    408

Beautiful boat Dark!!!!! I love the clean colors.

DaveO    0

Very nice boat Dark!

My buddy was wanting that boat very bad. The flake looks great!

cjohnson    33

They always look even better on the water!

I think it's got a real clean look to it. Gonna tint the window to add some more contrast though.

Congrats! I love the colors. Good thing about buying used is that if you do decide to upgrade in a year or two you won't take much of a hit on depreciation (if any).

Dreamer    96

That boat looks awesome! Nice choice Dark.

Beautiful! Love the color combo . . . Congrats, you will love the FX22!

BCanuck    1

Congratulations! Looking at it positively... the interest rates just dropped.

RVR-RAT    269

Way to go Dark!!!!! Congrats on the new boat. She's beautiful!!!!