DarksideR

Coming soon... order, ALMOST up

boatnut    230
Just got back from the boat show. Dang.... Almost every 2015 at the show was 120K +. Just crazy seeing some of the prices. 180K Nautique and 160K tige's... even the 2014s were marked up from last year. GL in your search Dark.

DID you see the 227k mastercraft?? And the so called 89k entry level nxt? Are they insane?? At what point does this stop???? The s21 will be mine!!

rockballer    162

DID you see the 227k mastercraft?? And the so called 89k entry level nxt? Are they insane?? At what point does this stop???? The s21 will be mine!!

Didn't see the 227k Mastercraft. Seen the price on one laughed and walked away. Didn't end up looking at more Mastercrafts. It was kind of a joke.

poidog1    74

Just got back from the boat show. Dang.... Almost every 2015 at the show was 120K +. Just crazy seeing some of the prices. 180K Nautique and 160K tige's... even the 2014s were marked up from last year. GL in your search Dark.

Hard to justify spending $120K + interest on a boat when it’s going to be worth only $50k in 4 years. You better have a lot of disposable income. Boat manufactures have priced these boat so high that the average guys who wants them won’t buy them just because it doesn’t make sense when you run the numbers. Then again, you’ll get those guys that just say “F - it I only live once!”

• Like 1

tprice    118

Hard to justify spending $120K + interest on a boat when its going to be worth only $50k in 4 years. You better have a lot of disposable income. Boat manufactures have priced these boat so high that the average guys who wants them wont buy them just because it doesnt make sense when you run the numbers. Then again, youll get those guys that just say F - it I only live once!

As long as the new prices stay high then the used boats will continue to hold their value. I don't know anyone who has taken a 50% hit on their used boat the last five years.

I traded in my boat after 6 years and got just a hair under what I paid for it. 6 years earlier

• Like 2

boatnut    230

Didn't see the 227k Mastercraft. Seen the price on one laughed and walked away. Didn't end up looking at more Mastercrafts. It was kind of a joke.

It was a special surf edition, it's was 227k, discounted to 187k, right beside the somewhat better value MB boats

Carter13    69

It was a special surf edition, it's was 227k, discounted to 187k, right beside the somewhat better value MB boats

What were the MB's going for?

jester    111

Discounted to 187K You better jump on it. I have a hard time paying what I did for a FS33 I could not dream of spending 187K.

boatnut    230
Believe the MBs were in the 100k plus range. Believe the one I looked at was 130

The MB's were in the 90 range, depends on the size, if you still want a B52, Graham said he can do one still for around 70 ish, which is not too shabby, and I did not see a MB for 130k

shawndoggy    49

Man I feel for you guys in Canada. At least when the economy crashed here in the US (say 08-09), the boat market crashed even harder so there were deals to be found. Even then, the decision to buy a "cheap" boat was gutwrenching because of the uncertain economy. Can't imagine trying to buy in an uncertain economy where prices are also rising.

DarksideR    1,679

Man I feel for you guys in Canada. At least when the economy crashed here in the US (say 08-09), the boat market crashed even harder so there were deals to be found. Even then, the decision to buy a "cheap" boat was gutwrenching because of the uncertain economy. Can't imagine trying to buy in an uncertain economy where prices are also rising.

It's a totally different situation here right now in Canada compared to the US crash of 09. Our dollar is tanking solely because of the oil prices tanking. In 09 the US had increased interest rates quite a bit( if memory serves ) and that killed the housing prices and people couldn't afford the homes they were living in. Our interest rate actually just dropped .25% last week. Our economy will likely strengthen because the dollar is low. Unfortunately anything we have to buy from the US is costing us an additional 14 cents on every dollar compared to just 3 months ago.

The thing that's REALLY pissing me off is that gas prices aren't dropping to what they should with crude oil where it's at! Compared to the last time oil was this cheap, gas should be 20-30 cents cheaper than it is now per litre.

• Like 2

viking    491

If only there was a quality wake boat manufacturer headquartered in Canada you wouldn't have an issue!

What ever happened to Svfara? They had a decent looking tow boat in the SV3 a couple years back.

• Like 1

demo9asx    23

Trust me, if there's a wakeboat mfg in Canada, they would still f us in the tush and price them in USD.

Prime example..........BRP. How the sleds cost more up here in Canuckland than the US is beyond me.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Trust me, if there's a wakeboat mfg in Canada, they would still f us in the tush and price them in USD.

Prime example..........BRP. How the sleds cost more up here in Canuckland than the US is beyond me.

How about buying Molson Canadian beer in the states? It's cheaper!?

rockballer    162

Svarah is canadian. Bought out by campion. They used to produce some really nice boats before they got bought out by campion. They do sell wake boats and can surf behind them... the wave looks ghetto to say the least though.

boatnut    230
Svarah is canadian. Bought out by campion. They used to produce some really nice boats before they got bought out by campion. They do sell wake boats and can surf behind them... the wave looks ghetto to say the least though.

Still, the campion factory has always made the hulls, problem is all the parts come from the states and beyond, I. E. Engine, electronics etc

demo9asx    23

How about buying Molson Canadian beer in the states? It's cheaper!?

Pretty sure it is

12 bottles Molson on some random US online liquor store = US$14.49 (CDN $17.40)

12 bottles Molson from BC liquor CDN$22.99

Edited by demo9asx

DarksideR    1,679

Can't figure that one out! I'm sure it's taxes. Everything's taxes here!!

boatnut    230
Can't figure that one out! I'm sure it's taxes. Everything's taxes here!!

It's all about that tax!!!