DarksideR

Coming soon... order, ALMOST up

DarksideR    1,679

I don't think I can go wrong with the price and options, and man does news travel fast lmao!!

I get around.

Born and raised in Surrey. Lol. <that's a local joke. Surrey's known for... well, I think everybody sees where I'm going here.

boatnut    230

Lol Surrey, don't worry I grew up in cloverdale,

So which boat you gonna go with, if you buy a new boat, and the dollar drops more, you will be ahead and not lose as much or perhaps none, but if the dollar gains and you try an trade it in, then you lose :(

Edited by boatnut

mattymids    2

Dark

why not buy that 07 enzo with the 8.1 I saw you guys talking about on craigslist for now. if you can get it for a deal it may be the best investment vs surfing ability for the mean time?

or am i way behind and its long gone sold?

DarksideR    1,679

I think it's gone, but I wasn't interested anyway. Would do just about anything to not give THAT dealer a single cent of my money!

Thanks for the thought though. The dollar dropped another 1.5 cents today. I gotta get moving!!

Bongo Fury    640

Dark....I feel your pain....watching and timing the dollar will drive you nuts.....just like trying to time the stock market.....it will only make you crazy....if you can afford the boat buy it....in the end it will all work out and you and your family will make a lifetime of memories...if you are going to take a loan it will only be a small amount of difference per month over the years...not worth the agony of trying to time the dollar...don't you just love everyone on the internet giving you advice!!!! I'm sure whatever you do will be the right decision for you!

Edited by Bongo Fury

DarksideR    1,679

With the FS33 I was prolonging the purchase hoping that the dollar would come back around. Now I'm trying to get the deal done ASAP! Before it goes even further!

IROCNParts    108

Dark our dollar wont make a comeback until oil goes up. If you're waiting for that you're not going to be boating this summer.

duramat    462

Dark our dollar wont make a comeback until oil goes up. If you're waiting for that you're not going to be boating this summer.

Schlumber and baker Hues are laying off thousands as of now. Oil is plentiful now and cheap (which is awesome to my limited budget)

boatnut    230

Schlumber and baker Hues are laying off thousands as of now. Oil is plentiful now and cheap (which is awesome to my limited budget)

Just don't look at your rrsp or stock portfolios right now

rockballer    162

Everyone seems to think low oil will hurt the economy so much. IMO it just gives people more money to fund other sectors. Like buying new boats. Or having money to invest into real estate. Especially for people that own company's and have fleet vehicles. It's literally thousands a month in savings. This also results in those company's being able to hire more people.

• Like 2

boatnut    230
Everyone seems to think low oil will hurt the economy so much. IMO it just gives people more money to fund other sectors. Like buying new boats. Or having money to invest into real estate. Especially for people that own company's and have fleet vehicles. It's literally thousands a month in savings. This also results in those company's being able to hire more people.

Low oil prices, have a plus and minus effect, like everything else, sure it puts money in your pocket for direct items such as fuel, nylons, plastics etc... But over the long term if effects your investments, government income for such things as health care, public services etc, cause they based their fiscal years at a certain amount of taxes coming in, but it's a double whammy for resource based economies such as Canada's, it devalues the currency as well as there will be a severe decline in investments in the oil and resource sector and a 4.5 billion dollar revenue shortfall for all levels of government that depend on this sector, as well as cuts in employment.... And if people aren't employed, guess what's the first things to be cut...... RECREATION!!

DarksideR    1,679

Nope, not waiting anymore. Trying to get er done before it's a $1.20... oops, $1.21.

boatnut    230

Nope, not waiting anymore. Trying to get er done before it's a $1.20... oops, $1.21.

Ops 1.23

duramat    462

Low oil prices, have a plus and minus effect, like everything else, sure it puts money in your pocket for direct items such as fuel, nylons, plastics etc... But over the long term if effects your investments, government income for such things as health care, public services etc, cause they based their fiscal years at a certain amount of taxes coming in, but it's a double whammy for resource based economies such as Canada's, it devalues the currency as well as there will be a severe decline in investments in the oil and resource sector and a 4.5 billion dollar revenue shortfall for all levels of government that depend on this sector, as well as cuts in employment.... And if people aren't employed, guess what's the first things to be cut...... RECREATION!!

We'll trade you one Nancy, one Harry, and one big "O".....They have no problems raising taxes to meet shortfalls....And we'll toss in the goof"B" for fun (Don't want to be accused of cheating out my Canuk buddies) :thumbsup:

DARK GET A BOAT!! :thumbsup:

rockballer    162

Just got back from the boat show. Dang.... Almost every 2015 at the show was 120K +. Just crazy seeing some of the prices. 180K Nautique and 160K tige's... even the 2014s were marked up from last year. GL in your search Dark.

DarksideR    1,679

That's insane! Those gotta be MSRP prices?

rockballer    162

Nope.... dey be discounted.... I might be hanging onto my boat a little longer than I thought after seeing those prices. No extreme boats at the show but that would explain why they are able to offer such good prices. They had a few board vendors ect. Couldn't find any phase 5 boards though.

rockballer    162

They didn't even have the financing prices on them. Kinda weird but I don't see many boats selling this year especially if they arnt even advertising payments ect. The prices were fairly hard to see and almost hidden in the windows.