truekaotik    458

Re is right!! Ding!!! Best easiest way is to float it like he did.. The side wall mount won't work without a lot of work. Sorry..

If your gonna cut, use the mount like mentioned^^^

Edited by truekaotik

sprocketeer    9

I don't know how they got this one mounted but I like this set-up.

13supreme226_04.jpg13supreme226_06.jpg

Edited by sprocketeer

viking    491

that's exactly what I was pondering except I'd use the flush mount kit!

Wonder if the throttle lever would interfere any? Looks good there though. Should be move a little forward and might be tight with BlueTooth

Wylie_Tunes    146

that's exactly what I was pondering except I'd use the flush mount kit!

Wonder if the throttle lever would interfere any? Looks good there though. Should be move a little forward and might be tight with BlueTooth

If you are using the WS-420SQ in the flush-mount kit, the optional BTVC would be mounted remotely. Or, you could just go with the WS-420BT. It has the blue tooth integrated and a larger face with screw holes for flush mounting. The Wet Sounds under-dash mount is the only one that has a spot to hold the option BTVC.

Hitting my hand on the 420 while operating the throttle would be my main concern, other wise, I like that spot. Another thing to watch for, is to not have it too far aft. This makes it hard to bend your arm to reach it, without rotating the captains chair.

viking    491

Hitting my hand on the 420 while operating the throttle would be my main concern, other wise, I like that spot.

That was my thoughts!

I keep circling back to under dash left side utilizing the BTVC mount.

truekaotik    458

If you tuck it just enough you shouldn't have any issues left of steering.... Just saying...

DarksideR    1,679

Mounted mine yesterday in the center strictly for aesthetics.

post-848-0-69848600-1425252031_thumb.jpg

Got a new question. After going thru the manual it looks like you need to have the in boats powered by an amp to utilize the 420... I don't have one( thought it would ). Do I need it?

If so, I'm considering an Exile Javelin 5ch amp to power the in boats and sub. Good?

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.php/amplifiers/amplifiers-1/javelin.html

Edited by DarksideR

Wylie_Tunes    146

That would be correct, since the EQ is post source unit/pre amp, it cannot control the volume to any head-unit driven speakers.

Ive been less than impressed with that amp on the two installs ive had my hands on, especially on the sub side. Doesnt seem to produce near the advertised wattage on the sub chnl and the sound quality was just, well blah. Both setups had the same sub, so this is based on knowing what that sub sounds like on amps ranging from 400W to 800W in a few different enclosures.

truekaotik    458

Dark, get a ARC XDi 1100.5.. For the price it's solid..

Wylie_Tunes    146

Dark, get a ARC XDi 1100.5.. For the price it's solid..

Or the XDi 1200.6 of you have a 4 ohm sub.

truekaotik    458

If he wants to put 600 watts to a 10" 4 ohm sub sure :)

If I was him.. I'd replace the sub with a 2ohm high end 10" or (me)a mid level 12".... Either amp depending on configuration.. Might as well kill two of your upgrades at once!! Lol

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks guys. Was going the Exile route because I have a line on a good deal and I already have the XM30.2 for the Rev10's. Figured I'd keep SOME continuity.

And was just running some POS sub/box/amp on a temp basis.

I could just go with an XM15.4 for the inboats. Space is limited, so figured, two birds with one amp on the Javelin.

DarksideR    1,679

Ok, help a clueless brother out. What amps from Wetsounds and or Exile should I use? I've got one pair of Rev10's and four XS-65's(I think). Also will be getting a sub. Not looking to break the bank or have "the best" stereo or "the loudest". Just want good clean sound.

I say hose two brands because it's what my dealer carries and I have a credit with him. So please stick with these brands.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Ok, help a clueless brother out. What amps from Wetsounds and or Exile should I use? I've got one pair of Rev10's and four XS-65's(I think). Also will be getting a sub. Not looking to break the bank or have "the best" stereo or "the loudest". Just want good clean sound.

I say hose two brands because it's what my dealer carries and I have a credit with him. So please stick with these brands.

From the Wet Sounds stable, 2 Syn-4. 400W rms to each Rev-10, 100W available for each xs-65 and 400W for a 4 ohm sub. Thats keeping within the same class for a symmetrical look. Next, I would consider as a minimum for the Rev-10, a bridged HT-4 for 300W rms and an HT-6 for 300W to a 4 ohm sub and 110W to each in-boats. Again, the amps look the same.

Just keep in mind that both these are assuming a mild 10 or 12 inch sub option. If you want a sub with more authority, you are looking at something in the 600W range.

DarksideR    1,679

So, running mono to the Revs isn't an issue?

Told you I'm clueless! LOL

truekaotik    458

You will be running bridged stereo...

Wylie_Tunes    146

So, running mono to the Revs isn't an issue?

Told you I'm clueless! LOL

Absolutely not. Stereo is lost with a close array of speakers anyway, as well as at a distance of the swim platform and beyond. When surfing off axis, you arent hearing stereo anyway, just the one speaker on the side you are surfing. Running summed mono with an amp like the Syn-4, and a couple others, each speaker plays 100% of the music content.

truekaotik    458

Stereo is only lost at a considerable distance beyond the platform, with the engine on, without a FAE, for one... For two, you have to be WAY off axis to loose one of the rev 10's sound. Which is the speaker we are speaking of. I do agree you can run either way and it's ultimately up to the listener/ boat owner. Some of us like stereo at the sand bar... NOW I would change my choice to mono if you wanted to sit a party cove with one Rev facing each way a lot.. One way isn't the right way until the listener is added to the equation:) so you get to decide Dark!! Lol

Edited by truekaotik

DarksideR    1,679

Ordered two Wetsounds Syn-4's... I hate you guys for making me spend more money than I had planned. Lol. But thanks!

Have NO idea where I'm gonna mount the second amp!

• Like 1