bluesman280    99

Hey guys, Have a 2012 SV 233 and it is a pain in the butt to change screens all of the time to get access to the volume control on the dash monitor. Figured the Wetsounds EQ would solve the problem and be a nice addition to the sound system anyways.

Looking for ideas for a mounting location. Which would be better left side or right side of steering wheel under the dash?

I was considering the right side so it is out of the way, but have also considered the left side for a couple reasons.

1. Easier access to the Volume control if I am not sitting in the drivers seat.

2. I am considering the right side as a possible option for mounting extra switches for a couple extra ballast pumps

Has anyone mounted theirs on the left side?

I like the idea of having easier access to it if it is on the left side of the steering wheel, but am concerned I will keep bashing my knee on it sliding into the drivers seat.

Bongo Fury    640

We have ours on the left side and also had it on the left side on my Falcon V. I have never had any issues bumping into it. Easy to get to when your floating around and not behind the wheel. Sorry for the bad picture but you get the idea.

post-901-0-99646800-1414691910_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

Left side on last boat, center on current boat, center looks cool but, it is a PITA to reach under the steering wheel every time I need to adjust. Although it did give me room for two more needed switches for the LED's.

gallery_66_204_40483.jpg

• Like 1

bluesman280    99

Hey Bongo, that is exactly where I was considering putting it. That would be my preference for convenience. If banging your knees on it hasn't been an issue, then that is where it will probably end up.

Doc..........that is a pretty cool install. What did you use for the faceplate? Is that a plexi-glass?

I like the idea of the faceplate for mounting a extra switches as well.

WakeDoc    471

Made of 1/2" lexan, look on eBay for one that can mount laft or right

bluesman280    99

Made of 1/2" lexan, look on eBay for one that can mount laft or right

You found yours on ebay? Looked around Ebay and Google found nothing.

RVR-RAT    269

I mounted mine on the right side. I'm happy with the location.

post-1061-0-53098900-1414818065_thumb.jpgpost-1061-0-59710200-1414818090_thumb.jpg

Edited by RVR-RAT
  • Like 1

DrPringle    10

i got the ebay one that doesn't work with my boat that id get rid of

bluesman280    99

Hey Dr Pringle. I might be interested. Send me a PM.

I have a 2012 SV 233. Which boat was it made for?

Is it made for the EQ on the left or the right?

Do you have any pictures?

Mine is mounted on the right side. Haven't had any accessability issues even when floating.

bluesman280    99

I mounted mine on the right side. I'm happy with the location.

WS420#1.jpg

WS420#2.jpg

Where did you find some matching vinyl? Did you order it up from Fineline or just pick up something local?

RVR-RAT    269

Where did you find some matching vinyl? Did you order it up from Fineline or just pick up something local?

My dealer was able to get some local from his upholstery guy.

bluesman280    99

Cool, I was thinking about building something along the lines of Wake Docs and cover it with matching vinyl. That way I could put the EQ on the left and extra switches on the right.

RVR-RAT    269

Cool, I was thinking about building something along the lines of Wake Docs and cover it with matching vinyl. That way I could put the EQ on the left and extra switches on the right.

:thumbsup: Post up some pics when you get R done !

dejoeco    59

Had mine on the left on my old 233 and it is near center on the new one and I like it better for some reason. I also added a "boost box" which automatically turns the volume up and down based on the attitude of the boat. I really like that I do not have to fiddle with the volume every time a rider falls etc.

• Like 2

bluesman280    99

Boost Box???? Had to do a quick search for it. Hmmmmm............more toys to consider. I like the concept. I had my tower speakers and Sub amp rigged up on a switch on the last boat. Just flipped the switch when a rider went down to drop the volume. Might have to consider the Boost box for the new boat.

As for the EQ install.....it will have to wait until spring as the boat is all put away for the winter.

DarksideR    1,679

Is the 420eq a fairly straight forward instal? I'm having a friend help me with my stereo instal. He's done many car and boat installs but has no experience with this unit. Does it come with any mounting hardware?

WakeDoc    471

Comes with L-brackets to mount, install is relatively easy if you are familiar with doing installs, see image below from the WS420 manual HERE.

1423076434-U66.png

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks doc. Looks pretty straight forward. Excited to get er done

Dandy    43

If you are just looking for volume control Roswell now has a dual volume control knob. Has an inner dial and outer dial so one can be used for tower volume and one for in-boat volume. The dials are also larger, so easier to find/feel than the WS420. If you are looking to fine tune sound than the WS420 cannot be beat.

Here is a link to the Dual Zone from Roswell that I mentioned.

http://www.roswellwakeair.com/dual-zone-volume-control

Edit: added link to Roswell Dual Zone Control

Edited by Dandy