brncon

2003 Centurion Air Warrior Elite V-Drive

brncon    0

Hey, I'm new to this forum and to Centurion. Finally found something were I can possible find some info. I just bought a 03 Air Warrior Elite V-Drive. Was wondering if anyone had any good info about this boat! Or where I can find the actually specs for this boat on the net. I have been looking and looking but can't find anything! Oh also does anyone no of a good after market site with parts and other items for these boats

:diablo:

Edited by brncon

Kevin Baugh    78

That deck and hull was in the Centurion lineup for years it has been called

The EliteV Air warrior

Hurricane

Lightning (not the Lightning C4)

It is 21' 6" They stopped building it in 2006, It is not the same boat as the Lightning C4

Big Show had one

brncon    0
That deck and hull was in the Centurion lineup for years it has been called

The EliteV Air warrior

Hurricane

Lightning (not the Lightning C4)

It is 21' 6" They stopped building it in 2006, It is not the same boat as the Lightning C4

Big Show had one

Thanks for the bit of info!

Kevin Baugh    78

What info are you looking for

Centurion does not list it on there web site since they have not built it since 2006

This is an Ad for one with several pictures

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2003-SKI...lite-V-95137697

It says 22' feet but it is 21' 6"

Edited by Kevin Baugh

brncon    0
What info are you looking for

Centurion does not list it on there web site since they have not built it since 2006

Yeah I know that,sucks! So basically just looking for any info I can find on the boat! Most of all spec! And a good spot to buy aftermarket add-ons for it! So pretty much any link to theses sites would be sweet!

Thanks

Bigshow    0

Right Kevin, I had an '04 Lightning, same hull as an '03 Elite. And yes, that's 21'6".

What specs are you looking for what add-ons?

As far as ballast goes for wakeboarding, IMO the stock triple hard tank is about best. That's 250 in the center and 180 in each rear locker. For a good surf wake you'll want at least 1,200 pounds of ballast.

If you don't have a hydraulic trim tab, well I found mine to be essential. I'd get one.

Let me know what you're looking for, I'll help if I can.

Kevin Baugh    78

Bigshow is Right the Bennett trim tab is an absolute must for that Hull

I doubt that an Elite V would have had the triple ballast especially in 2003 although it is possible

Edited by Kevin Baugh

brncon    0
Right Kevin, I had an '04 Lightning, same hull as an '03 Elite. And yes, that's 21'6".

What specs are you looking for what add-ons?

As far as ballast goes for wakeboarding, IMO the stock triple hard tank is about best. That's 250 in the center and 180 in each rear locker. For a good surf wake you'll want at least 1,200 pounds of ballast.

If you don't have a hydraulic trim tab, well I found mine to be essential. I'd get one.

Let me know what you're looking for, I'll help if I can.

I guess I am looking for that kind of info. What is a good site to find these products for this type of boat? That kind of thing!Plus I'm looking for maybe that boats cut sheet or any info for this year and make of boat. I have looked and looked and can't find much. I'm just in the process of getting this boat and want to see if I could get some info, that's all. I do believe this boat just came standard with the center ballast! So where would be a good site for these kind of things for purchase

Thanks for the help

Edited by brncon

wildwilly    0

welcome to website and congrats on new boat.

I have same boat bought 2 months ago.

I dont know what aftermarket stuff your looking for but heres what ive done tom my boat so far:

first and most important imo was adding perfect pass ordered from directly from them, great to work with.

added faria depth finder just like what they come factory with fits in dash in unused gauge hole.

dual batteries and battery switch

sub kicker solobaric under driver side dash

ballast two fly high 750's and steel and lead in front(check out bow ballast suggestions) im getting great help from bigshow the great thing about this website is the people and sharing experience.

My next thing is wake plate.

elc    2

we have an 05 version of this boat and have had it for a few years.

-engine is a merc 5.7 mag 350

-it will most likely come with the center ballast.

-I bought sacs for the lockers, bow and an 85 lb one that I keep filled and move around the cabin from wakeside.com. I usually buy gear from there, the-house.com or our local shop.

-I would like perfect pass but usually there is someone in our boat that can pull as good as PP.

-bought racks from ebay

The boat has been an all around good boat for our family. My good buddy has worked for a couple of the big boat companies and has nothing but good things about the build quality of the boat.

cons

It is difficult to clean up the wake for wakeboarding but it can be done. I would guess with a hydraulic trim tab it would be easier.

Edited by elc

Bigshow    0

I still have an ’05 Centurion catalog probably the last year they had the old Lightning in sales literature. There isn’t much but here are the specs in the catalog:

Length: 21’6â€

Beam: 96â€

Draft: 27â€

Boat Weight: 2,900 lbs

Fuel Capacity: 36 g

Seating: 10

Most of the other important specs are probably Merc engine specs.

You got a small black bag with user’s manuals, right? That should give you info on the engine, ballast pumps, gauges, trailer and so on.

The same people that run this site run the Wake Outlaws site, good people you can count on good support. They have a lot of gear, ballast, electronics and so on; check out the general store. Another place to look is on Wake World. Go to the home page and click cool links. They have a pretty good directory of wake business links.

WO: https://generalstore.wakeoutlaws.com/

WW: http://www.wakeworld.com/CoolLinks/

If you’re only going to wakeboard I’d get some Fly High fat sacks 400 lbs or less for the back lockers. If you’re going to surf you might step that up to 750s but know that full the 750s are too much for wakeboarding. Honestly two 400s full might be more than you need for wakeboarding. Nice to have maybe 200 pounds in the bow, I had 270 of steel in the bow.

Perfect Pass is awfully nice. Don’t need it but once you’ve had PP it’s hard to go back.

Oh, and I didn't say it before, Welcome to the Centurion family!

Bigshow    0

I thought that the WB wake was nice and easy to set up with stock tripple ballast. The WB wake is a little "verticle". It will really boot you up.

Kevin Baugh    78

I agree with the stock triple ballast the old hull was a no brainier it did not like much more than that

elc    2

Agree with bigshow. Full 400s are too much in this hull for wake boarding. We have 350s in the rear and fill them up about 75% along with 150 - 200 up front. If you have too much weight in the back and none in the front the boat will porpoise. The wake is also very sensitive to weight side to side. Someone can move six inches and it will change the wake - thats why we got the 85lb sac to move around.

The boat is a great overall boat and I would definitely recommend it. I ride behind a couple of other boats (not centruion, haven't had a chance to ride behind a different centurion) and prefer those wakes compared to ours... but they have both had major mechanical problems and problems with their hulls. Our boat has been nothing but solid.

Kevin Baugh    78

You a different hull and yes the C4 hull is more sensitive to weight

elc    2

Although its an 05 we have the non C4 hull, the one with spray pockets on the back.

Kevin Baugh    78

Oh ok I was going by your profile

Boat: Elite V C4

elc    2

there wasn't just an elite-v option in the profile... sorry for the confusion.

1911    4

Another way to get specific info on your boat is to email or call Shell at fineline or just use the "general info" button on their website. She can give you a full build sheet for your boat if you provide the HIN. It will give you the motor, v-drive, options installed at factory, etc.

brncon    0

First off I would like to thank everyone for the great info. And thanks for the warm welcome! I'll check all the info that everyone has giving!

Thanks once again! Can't wait to get it home and get it on the water!