truekaotik    458

Sorry that was a quick post bud, didn't mean to sound short.

truekaotik    458

Im sorry, was I talking to you?

lol here we go guys...

Wylie_Tunes    146

Sorry that was a quick post bud, didn't mean to sound short.

im not making fun of anybody's height here, world needs little people too :cheers:

Wylie_Tunes    146

lol here we go guys...

If he's looked into all the options, great, no harm no foul, he can say so. In the mean time, the info is out there for anyone that might be looking into a future build. Even with a potential 585W rms from the SD-6, we have to throttle it back a good bit and tune with a meter as it will drive the speaker into compression. Gain is even lower when a line driver is used. A potential 685W rms from a bridged SD-4 leaves a lot of untapped power on the table. This is where the SD-6 makes some economical sense if you have a use for those unused open chnls.

• Like 1

Nick213    583

My mind was and is made....

A sd4 to each pair of rev's, I understand there's alot left on those amps but that just means I'm not working the amps as hard and it should show in the clarity of the system from what I'm told. Tuning will be done with the ps8 I have. Bass I have a ars 2500.1 for those XXX12's.

Edited by Nick213

truekaotik    458

If he's looked into all the options, great, no harm no foul, he can say so. In the mean time, the info is out there for anyone that might be looking into a future build. Even with a potential 585W rms from the SD-6, we have to throttle it back a good bit and tune with a meter as it will drive the speaker into compression. Gain is even lower when a line driver is used. A potential 685W rms from a bridged SD-4 leaves a lot of untapped power on the table. This is where the SD-6 makes some economical sense if you have a use for those unused open chnls.

Be real here Wylie, we can throw all kinds of options on the table to under power all the way to over powering with different amps. You didn't read the whole thread and jumped in to hear yourself talk, throwing out stuff without a perspective that's been givin in this thread by Nick213. Don't be mad I answered your question and keep going on.

BTW I'm a pretty tall guy, do I sense "short man syndrome"? Hehe

Edited by truekaotik

WakeDoc    471

Sorry OP...Please be patient while Wylie_Tunes and truekaotik finish their no handed sword fight.

• Like 4

truekaotik    458

LOL Doc.. Yes his short comment was......

Do I sense winter? :)

shawndoggy    49

Already have an FAE .I might not get a bunch of extra output but the amps will be more efficient on a 4 ohm load

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts once you make the switch. I know all of the theoretical reasons for putting each pair on its own amp (I told myself the same things!), but my own personal experience is that it made little difference. After doing it I was kinda like "meh.... I think maybe it's louder?" YMMV and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

duramat    462

LOL Doc.. Yes his short comment was......

Do I sense winter? :)

Winter? Fudge!....tis the season...Let the Grouch Fest begin!!!! (Ive been known to be a victim/offender due to winter.... :innocent: }

• Like 1

Carter13    69

Sorry OP...Please be patient while Wylie_Tunes and truekaotik finish their no handed sword fight.

That right there is the funniest post of the year hands down. :unworthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkgylvDYA4

• Like 4

DarksideR    1,679

I like the ones that were mounted under the trailer. The ones on top looked kinda cheap to me but probably do a better job of highlighting the trailer when in the water.

PayCheck    20

has anyone done the lights around the rub rail? i have seen it before and i think its the coolest thing since underwater lights... do you guys trailer at night that often?

WakeDoc    471

Run way light kit from Boatmate Trailers. The LED strips are cool but they will not hold up over time.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Wow, that's cheaper than I thought they'd be.

shawndoggy    49
DarksideR    1,679

That price appears to be for 10 lights and nothing else. No wiring/harness. No float switch... still a good find.

Joe B    17

I checked into rubrail lights, guy said my rail wouldnt work (thin chrome). was more for the thicker rubber band on fishing boats. Was $800 for a 22' fishing boat. 3yrs ago so maybe its changed.

• Like 1

gravity12    83

Finished winter mod #1. Permanent mount spot for my racks. Now on to the sub and amp. Then on to the fiberglass swim platform.

post-6356-0-13189600-1414362405_thumb.jpg