rockballer    162

X2 ... also hoping more is better. Have 2 REV8's and looking to add more over the winter. 2 just don't cut it IMO, you need atleast 4 if you are running the 8's. Fine when the engine isn't running but when you are surfing behind these things you need moeeeee powa.

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks fellas. Just need to increase my budget now... :blushing:

h20king    794

I am going to and another arc 600.2 so each one of my rev tens gets 400 watts each it is good with 300 watts each but I don't think they get to their full potential. Like I said the new boats are loud so more is better. there is no rule that says you have to run with the stereo wide open

Nick213    583

H I will sell you mine!

I had my 600.2 on a pair it sounds unbelievable, now I'm gonna put a SD4 to each pair!

Dreamer    96

For one of my winter projects I would like to add a drain hole under the "ballast boy" seat cushions and run pooling water into the bilge.

DarksideR    1,679

For one of my winter projects I would like to add a drain hole under the "ballast boy" seat cushions and run pooling water into the bilge.

Is that the little corner cushions?

Dreamer    96

Yes. The water from wet shorts all pool under that cushion and the cushion gets saturated with water. Thinking a little opening and hose under to get water in bilge, not on the carpet in locker

rockballer    162

I also noticed a pool of water under those cushions. Got paper towel stuck under it now :l

DrNate    426

We'll dark i like loud music and it couldn't hurt right?!?! ;)

I have to say, 2 Rev 10's is more than enough IMO. Either that or I am getting old :) But then again, we have FAE and that makes a huge difference. They can make my ears hurt while I'm surfing, just saying.

All I know is that 2 XXX12's are gonna be insane. That might register on the Richter scale and I will probably hear you from Texas. I see $$$ for that setup. More power to ya though!

truekaotik    458

Haha where ya at H ?? Nicks got a bro deal for ya!!!!

Nate, Nicks stereo will be insane...

Edited by truekaotik

Nick213    583

Ya Nate your FAE was nice, I couldn't even tell the engine was on at surf speed!

I can't really put 6 rev10's on my tower or I would :p so I gotta make 4 sound as clear and loud as possible!

I'm gonna do 2 XXX12's because I already have the amp power for them and the bass in my last boat couldn't keep up with the rev's so.....

Edited by Nick213

shawndoggy    49

I've run rev10s both ways... Two pair on a single ks600.2 and each pair on their own ks600.2. It makes very little difference. Stepping up to the sd4s probably would be noticeable but the difference between one or two ks600.2s on two pair of revs10s was pretty negligible. FAE made a much bigger difference than the second amp by a long shot.

Nick213    583

Shawn I'll be putting a SD4 to each pair. I.E. 2 SD4's to 2 pairs of rev's.

shawndoggy    49

Nick my comment was more directed to harold than you. I think 2xSD4 should make a difference, though I'd still bet that one ks600.2 on two pair with an FAE would sound louder behind the boat than two pair each on their own sd4 and no FAE. The FAE is the low hanging fruit.

h20king    794

Already have an FAE .I might not get a bunch of extra output but the amps will be more efficient on a 4 ohm load

Wylie_Tunes    146

Shawn I'll be putting a SD4 to each pair. I.E. 2 SD4's to 2 pairs of rev's.

I dont know the rest of your system, but have you considered two SD-6 for 2 pair of Rev-10" Just a shade more cost than 2 SD-4, but you get 4 open chnls for a 600W sub or two, or 145W rms to a pair of in-boats on each chnl.

truekaotik    458

I dont know the rest of your system, but have you considered two SD-6 for 2 pair of Rev-10" Just a shade more cost than 2 SD-4, but you get 4 open chnls for a 600W sub or two, or 145W rms to a pair of in-boats on each chnl.

Yes he has had all options presented and this is his choice. Guess you didn't read all his post referring to the 2 XXX's? Negates your post..

Edited by truekaotik

Wylie_Tunes    146

Yes he has had all options presented and this is his choice.....

Im sorry, was I talking to you?

• Like 1