WakeDoc

Boatless Wakeboarding? Not a cable park

WakeDoc    471

Wonder if you could build one for what a new boat cost these day?

surf moocher    127

Cool, Where's the actual footage of a rider using it?

DarksideR    1,679

Cool, Where's the actual footage of a rider using it?

Exactly what I kept thinking... Great idea, but, not even a single image of a real one?

rockballer    162

Great Idea...Looks like that's all it is at this point an idea. I could see this costing a cool couple of mill easy

WakeDoc    471

I believe this is currently a concept. Looks like it would cost about the same as a flow rider.

bcollins    18

Aren't flow riders like 6 inches deep or something...miss a trick and you're landing on your head. I think it's soft material but still. With that, looks fun and I'm not doing inverts so why not.

RhuntIII    555

6- 125hp submersible pumps! I would love to be the electrician on that job. The service would have to be 1200a 480v with GFCI protection. The amount of power required to run this feature is enough to make it not portable. Dura and I could retire after building one of these.

Edited by RhuntIII
  • Like 1

duramat    462

6- 125hp submersible pumps! I would love to be the electrician on that job. The service would have to be 1200a 480v with GFCI protection. The amount of power required to run this feature is enough to make it not portable. Dura and I could retire after building one of these.

We're pulling aluminum 750's to save cost! LMAO

Sooooooooo. Lets say someone tries to flip and wrecks it hard...12" air pad is all ya get?

Carter, yes the flow rider that water is jetting by ya 30mph +....it's gonna tumblle ya and spit you out like a nasty drink at the top and its gonna hurt!

DrNate    426

Yeah, it kind of seems like a similar concept to the flow riders already in amusement parks. I've ridden a couple and to be honest it doesn't really simulate surfing very well. There's no "push" of a wave, it's just water being blown underneath you with a hill behind you. It's fun, but not like surfing fun. Just my thoughts. Maybe I'll put one in my backyard and you all can try it. Hunt and Dura already volunteered to do the electrical :)

PayCheck    20

that looks like fun, i would like to try and surf on there. but then you don't get to show off your boat?!

acman    59

Or radio!

BenHolloway    29

my quick power numbers show about 2,000 a month for a few days of fun...