Sign in to follow this  
Colombian Surfer

Gaston Lake, NC

Anyone going to be around that area this weekend? I will be in the Henrico area.

We'll be on peahill but probably not in the boat as low as the lake has been recently.

We have guests with small kids planned for the weekend so I imagine tubes will prevail - that's what most people seem to settle on for holiday weekends as the traffic will be pretty heavy for boarding.

WakeVB    0

Eleven,

I imagine its pretty tough getting your boat out of the back of that cove if the lake is low. If you guys need a pull, let me know if you see me out. 757-718-1815 Hopefully I'll be seeing you both this weekend.

Eleven,

I imagine its pretty tough getting your boat out of the back of that cove if the lake is low. If you guys need a pull, let me know if you see me out. 757-718-1815 Hopefully I'll be seeing you both this weekend.

WakeVB - I have your number and we will be at the island in Stone House Creek (aka Stagger Island) It is between Mile marker 6 and 7. Call me if you can't find me - 919-454-3562.

WakeVB    0

Sweet.

WakeVB, Colombian Surfer:

I sent each of you a PM with my digits. Don't know when we'll be there. Its very unpredictable when we show up and often its a last minute thing.

Wake:

The cove IS shallow but I can get in and out (SV220 only draws about 2ft) if I stay to the left.

The issue that has kept me me from putting in is that our development's ramps are very difficult with low water. I still have to do an oil and impeller change, check the heater core and block for cracks before putting in - hopefully tomorrow.

I will probably just tow around to the public ramp next to your resort to get my boat in for the season.

I have an IS red woody and a Walker 4.4 to dust off.

flaswaliba    0

I didn't think Gaston fluctuated. I thought the level was always consistent as it is controlled by Kerr??? <_<

Matt, we were at the island after we saw you at the pumps.... Was surfing up and down Stone House.... sorry for those I did not call, the cell service sucked out there! Plus no internet.

I didn't think Gaston fluctuated. I thought the level was always consistent as it is controlled by Kerr??? :spiteful:

It does not move much... so everyone has a fixed, non floating boat house. They have been running it lower than typical so far this season.

We were there this weekend. traffic was ridiculous. we surfed early in the morning. towards noon over the weekend it was even too rough for tubes. We resorted to running the PWCs.

Strange thing I noticed was that the worst on-water manners I saw were all from boats an not PWCs! first time in several years.

Edited by eleventenths

Really??? We were in one cove surfing and some PWC came in there and did doughnuts for about 10 minutes and we just sat there. He came over and said nice boat, I told thanks, and thank you for phukn up the water so we can't ride. He left. Then one was following us while surfing and getting way close so we stopped and took all of his fun away.