tprice    118

Two thumbs up and a smiley face on the Da Hanu board:-)

My first run, it felt a bit slow and the board was feeling like a thruster style. It must have been the wave and the water level because my second run the board felt great.

Has good speed, and it feels super comfortable on the water . My crew member Michael said I was getting my best airs today so that's good news.

Get some pics tomorrow

Edited by tprice

Dreamer    96

Hey Tprice, have you ever ridden a TWP Bomb Pop and if so how does the Da Hanu compare?

D3 Boats    19

Thanks T . . . looking forward to your input on the Soul Craft . . . I'm looking for something real fast and not so pump driven.

I bought a Payne Killer from Day1Wake...board is fast. I need to try some different fin combos, because I want it looser.

D3Boats

rockballer    162

That new Supreme look sick. The fork front end is really slick, Centurion could sure learn a thing or 2 from this design. Seen a 14 Supreme on the lake a few weeks ago full ballest surfing with 2 people behind. The wake from the wave almost took out a few boats. Sure spilled a few drinks on my boat when it passed.

• Like 1

h20king    794

Centurion now owns and designs the supreme .the new front end is all Centurion design

viking    491

I like it alot myself. Been looking at upgrading for a year now and lurking on several brand forums and gotta say the 15 Supreme is at the top of my list with the changes and Centurion attributes all over it!

Think this is gonna be a fun winter?

h20king    794

Just got back from my dealer to drop the boat off for service. Took a look at the 2015 S226 and all I can say is yuck !! The front end is way worse than the S21 and overall the whole boat is just fugley. If I were in the market for a new surf boat today the S226 would not even be on my radar. Fineline took an AWESOME boat and destroyed it. Hope Fineline comes out with something I like in the next couple years or I could be switching brands all together

RhuntIII    555

Yep I'm going to have to agree with you H. I thought that the S226 had the best looking pickle fork bow on the market. Then they changed it. Not good.

DarksideR    1,679

post-848-0-62843800-1411339846_thumb.jpg

Took out the 2015 S226 for a quick surf today. I gotta say, it looks way better in person! In fact, every boat I've gone to look at has looked better in person. The "pontoons" don't even come into play negatively. Lots of top notch quality materials used, interior is gorgeous. Bow is HUGE! If I had a choice though, I'd shrink the bow a bit to make the cockpit bigger. While it's not "small" per say, almost all of the Centurions are roomier in the cockpit, and I like that.

Now on to the ballast... a bit of a letdown. First off, I don't think the gates were working properly and we didn't quite get the goofy side totally filled. The port side wave was almost twice the size! Secondly, the PNP bags that come with the boat are really small! There was a ton of space left in the locker both in length and height. My guess is that the bag holds 300-500lbs tops and total ballast would be around 800-1000lbs. No center or bow ballast to be seen. We added the one 400lb bag I had brought which I'm guessing put us at around 1100lbs total.... Not enough. When sitting listed goofy, the water was around 6 or more inches under the rubrail. Was a big letdown. After seeing what the reg side put out, I'm convinced we didn't get it fully loaded for goofy. Reg side was impressive, and there's plenty more room for ballast. I like the quickness of gravity fed ballast, but not being able to tell if it's loaded pisses me off, there should be something visual. I'll try to post a pic of the less than stellar wave later.

• Like 1

h20king    794

Dark make sure you look at the boat out of the water. stand at the rear corner and look in the direction of the pontoon down the rub rail and you will see what I mean FUGLEY!!!!

rockballer    162

I have to agree with h20 on the pontoon front end. This is the only reason why I didn't buy a 2014 S21. Thought in a few years it would look dated and I would have a hard time selling it re-sale wise. Still no digital dash. The new tower looks shaweet. That was another issue with the 14 I had. They clearly don't seem to be having any issues selling them though. I still like the front end more than the carbon fibre centurion fork though. Seen one the other day and clear coat on the front was peeling around the carbon fibre... Yuck.. Would hate to have to replace them if they are real carbon fibre.... Dang expensive and it was a 14 aswell !!!. Would hate to see the same boat in 5 years from now.... I feel that both manufactures still have to work on a few details

demo9asx    23

Dark, I know this is a 2014 226 but goofy side is good if you add crap load of weight.

tprice    118

Dark,

I like the 2015's as the pontoon doesn't seem as bad as what most say.

Another year or two and the majority of boats will be pickle fork .

Regarding the goofy wave, u need to have the custom Enzo style bag. My goifey wave could not be any cleaner!!!! It's too bad they didn't set it up better for you to demo knowing one of your biggest concerns was the Goofey wave.

That was dealers mistake and not listening to his customers needs.

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks Demo, that wave looks pretty incredible. Running a crap ton of weight isn't exactly what I had in mind. Trying to get away from bags on seats.

TPrice, this was the maiden voyage of his first 2015 226. He was expecting it to setup as easy as the 2014's. He was just as let down as I was when we saw how little the PNP bag filled the space in the locker. May have to book another demo. Or just buck up and buy the BodyGlove FX44. And a Freightliner to pull it!

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Thanks Demo, that wave looks pretty incredible. Running a crap ton of weight isn't exactly what I had in mind. Trying to get away from bags on seats.

TPrice, this was the maiden voyage of his first 2015 226. He was expecting it to setup as easy as the 2014's. He was just as let down as I was when we saw how little the PNP bag filled the space in the locker. May have to book another demo. Or just buck up and buy the BodyGlove FX44. And a Freightliner to pull it!

LMAO! At least the semi will seam cheap compared to the boat!

DarksideR    1,679

LMAO! At least the semi will seam cheap compared to the boat!

LMAO! Almost!

rockballer    162

Nice Wave Demo. Impressive skills as well. That being said. If I bought a new boat and had to have friends sit on the back and add bags on the seats... That wrecks the purpose of buying a new boat IMO.

You might just have to get custom sacks installed on the 226 to get it were you want it. Have seen the 226 in action and it was really impressive. It was a 14 though and I am sure the guy had it dialed in because they were surfing 2 people back rope less with tricks to back. The metal flake under the sun and design looks absolutely killer.. Not to sure If I am sold on the black and grey color though. I personally like the metal flake to be on top to make it pop a little more

demo9asx    23

That's my buddy not me. I think people's expectations of nice/good surf wake are so varied across all users. The boat in the clip is a 2014 that comes with the enzo style bag for each side. Could a custom bag add more weight? Absolutely. Even with the bag full, there is still plenty of room in the locker so a custom bag should eliminate the need of 2 dudes sitting on the sun pad.

The goofy side definitely needs a bit more weight to clean it up though so a a-plate probably does not hurt? Is the wake still fun without exposed bags? Yes, but you will lose a bit of push further back.

DarksideR    1,679

Rockballer, that is likely the boat you seen on Pitt. Demo is a friend of the owner of the red one from ExtremeBoatsport. And that is the boat in the video.

I do have a similar view on a new boat. For me, I should be able to get a great wave with as few as 3 people in the boat and as many as 10. If it's just my wife and I and our son, I don't mind having to add some seat bags. I don't want to have a boat where everyone has to sit on one side to keep it clean, and I don't want to have to limit the amount of people on my boat for that same reason. Usually not an issue unless it's a crazy hot day. I'm starting to see that the 226 likes very little counter weight for a good goofy wave. And when I say good, I mean GREAT. Goods not good enough for me anymore... especially if I'm dropping my sons University fund on a new boat! :)