hossman    1

Has the cover but not the bimini - I'm ok with that - Thanks for your insight!

Bongo Fury    640

hossman.....for what it’s worth.....I had a 2008 Falcon V and upgraded to my 233 last year. In terms of the size of the boats from the cockpit back the 230 and the Falcon V are pretty much the same...the 230 will have a larger bow area. The Falcon is a huge 21 ft boat...in fact I did not really consider a 230 because I wanted a bigger boat and the cockpit size was virtually the same on the Falcon and the 230. In my opinion the Falcon V is a very good all around boat...it has a flatter hull design... and could be called a crossover as it does many things well.....if you slam it it will surf pretty darn well but will not give you an Enzo wave for sure. The Enzo will also have a much better ride in chop....this is very noticeable. We surf almost exclusively and wanted a bigger boat so the 233 was the right call for us. I really liked my Falcon V allot...it is a great all around boat but it is not an Enzo.

hossman    1

Thanks Bongo (name of one of our cats - who does not like the new yellow lab we just got) - I am leaning Enzo right now, will likely surf more than wakeboard so want the nice wave

hossman    1

One thing I noticed on the boat - the guy I talked to said he did not thing the bow had a cushion in the middle to make it all flat -should the boat have come with that?

Bongo Fury    640

One thing I noticed on the boat - the guy I talked to said he did not thing the bow had a cushion in the middle to make it all flat -should the boat have come with that?

Its an option...

Troy. R    198

Bimini is about $1,400 or so...

duramat    462

Follow the advice of these guys...you can't go wrong.

Enzo all the way

if the enzo is at a dealership i would expect them to throw something in for free to finalize the deal. maybe. i walked out on 2 boats that were not that great and both times they tried to give me something for free (i.e. wake surf board, wakeboard, whatever they had in showroom) to sway me. stock ballast is par for the course, i would say everyone on this sight has taken there stock ballast out except center and put in bags. I did and wake makers did a good job taking care of that. i even bought some bags and pump off of craigslist and one was damaged the connector was not fused to bag and they replaced it within a week and a half no questions asked. every issue i had with my boat someone on here was able to help or there was some sort of post.

Bimini is about $1,400 or so...

That's why I was asking about a Bimini. I wouldn't own another boat without one. I've had 2 centurions, and if I ever buy a third that is used I will make SURE I have an extra 3k or so on hand after the purchase for the things I need to fix and add. Good luck.

Joe B    17

Enzo for sure. work on the price. as it is Id say $40k but getting stargazer perfect pass, 400-hr service, bimini?, pulling the tanks for Enzo sacs all add up to over 43k.

hossman    1

Lake tested the Enzo today - runs great - smooth on choppy water - hard to tell if hard tanks are working - the surf wave was not as transformational as I would like, but you could see a decent wave on the regular/port side

They are sticking with 43500 as is right now - I am in wait mode to see if they offer something (maybe at least a surf board etc) - looks like I need to either add a separate sac or the integrated ballast upgrade to get a really good wave

Rhale    80

Lake tested the Enzo today - runs great - smooth on choppy water - hard to tell if hard tanks are working - the surf wave was not as transformational as I would like, but you could see a decent wave on the regular/port side

They are sticking with 43500 as is right now - I am in wait mode to see if they offer something (maybe at least a surf board etc) - looks like I need to either add a separate sac or the integrated ballast upgrade to get a really good wave

Hossman, plan on the enzo or custom sack upgrade. Even with the switchblade on ours and the ballast sack/tank combo we cant go wireless. My understanding is the enzo sack is around $500.

Regardless, I am stoked to be in a Enzo after having a Wakesetter. The rough water ride is so much better. You wont regret it.

As for the dealer, the summer is closing fast so they should be more willing to work with you or throw some things in to make the deal like others have mentioned earlier. Let them know your serious and what you want to spend.

Edited by Rhale
  • Like 1

chadr    328

Hossman, plan on the enzo or custom sack upgrade. Even with the switchblade on ours and the ballast sack/tank combo we cant go wireless. My understanding is the enzo sack is around $500.

Regardless, I am stoked to be in a Enzo after having a Wakesetter. The rough water ride is so much better. You wont regret it.

As for the dealer, the summer is closing fast so they should be more willing to work with you or throw some things in to make the deal like others have mentioned earlier. Let them know your serious and what you want to spend.

I agree! Go tell them what you can afford and see if they can compromise. You will want to figure what you will need to make the ballast work for you also. If I had it all to do again I would have figured $4000 for all the upgrades I did in the first year. Well worth it in the end.

hossman    1

I have made the leap - boat should be in the water this weekend. I have ordered one 750# sac with pump from wakemakers (and a liquid force board and rope) to get us started. I'm sure there is more fine tuning to come!

• Like 1

chadr    328

I have made the leap - boat should be in the water this weekend. I have ordered one 750# sac with pump from wakemakers (and a liquid force board and rope) to get us started. I'm sure there is more fine tuning to come!

Did they give you a better deal!!! Give us the dirt!!!

hossman    1

Deal was $43,500 - I get a slip on the lake for the rest of the year - storing trailer rest of year - and warranty through rest of the year

Not significantly better deal than first cut down in price (was listed at $48k)

I will have to decide on installing perfect pass next year

GOBIG    4

If you decide to put perfect pass on it order it from the site. I ordered mine through the site last year got it very quick. The install is a breeze. I didn't think I really needed it but now I wouldn't own a boat without it.

Nice! I scored an 08 230 to use as a surf boat only. I had all for hard tanks in the yard within the first week. I bought the Enzo sac "kit" first. 475.00 with a special. That's 1450lbs. I have it under port side. The factory ballast system on my boat is absolute junk. All of it. Except the switches. The drain pumps don't like to prime, the fill system is slow through the sprinkler manifold. It works and will get me through the summer.

You will want perfect pass for surfing. Get the stargazer. You bought one of the best bang for your buck surf boats. I run 2500-3000 lb in mine. Killer. Congrats

hossman    1

Had the boat for a couple of weeks and getting great use out of it. Bought a 750lb sack for ballast with the turbo pump - works well. Kids have been out surfing but still tweaking the right balance for the "perfect wave". Had a great late night cruise with a bunch of neighbors (10 people in total) and we were very comfortable.

The boat comes with 2 switches for factory ballast (port and starboard). Do I run those when I am in idle/slow forward (it's a pump) or when moving more quickly (it's a gate)? The original salesman thought they were gates, but it doesn't seem to be working very well. The boat doesn't lean at all when I try to fill it, and when I empty it sometimes it spurts out a small amount of water.