Idaho Mike

Enzo SV240 - disapointing surf wave so far. Any help?

Idaho Mike    29

So I have the 2009 Enzo SV240 and I know I'm doing something wrong because the surf wave I'm producing isn't that great.

I am only surfing regular (weighting port). I have the Enzo sac (1,500 lbs), the center ballast and bow ballast full. Then 750 lbs on back port seat, and another 750 sac in the bow pushed over to port side. I have trim tab set at 25%. In terms of how the boat looks just sitting there weighted down, the boat is leaning pretty good, but I am not submerging the back bumper at rest.

I have tried both 750 lb bags on back seats (in "L" configuration), but that just made the wave approach perpendicular (as opposed to lateral and steep, the way I like it), and the engine HATED it!

Do I need even more weight!? Do I need a wedge or something else installed? I thought I'd have a sick wave but it's just.... meh. I'm a relatively good surfer, and I feel like I can't even try tricks or I"ll lose the wave. Very frustrating to be taking friends out with a crappy wave.

I ordered 800 lbs of steel shot in bags from pop-products. I plan on distributing that under the port storage area, and towards the front on the port side. Hopefully that helps, but my goal is to have a great wave without putting a bunch of water sacs everywhere!

Please Help :-)

DrNate    426

Lose the bow ballast altogether. Leave evertything else just as it is, maybe add 200 pounds of counterweight on the Starboard side, but you have plenty of weight otherwise. My Enzo hates bow weight

WakeDoc    471

This is what we run on our 2010 Enzo SV240, 1400 lb. Enzo sac, no center ballast, no bow ballast, trim tab all the way up on the port side. If we are light crewed we run a 400 lb. sac on the port seat all the way to the back touching the rear bench. If we have over 4 adult in the boat we do not fill the 400 lb., we do not use any counter weight. The most ballast we run is around 1,800 to 1,900 much more beyond that just seems to be over kill and that is in two different SV240's . Both boats threw the same great wake.

gallery_66_225_14546.jpg
2010 Centurion Enzo SV240 - Me driving, (1) Male, (1) Female, (2) 150 lb. Fat Bricks (seen in seat) and 1400 lb. in a Custom Enzo sac under the seat.

gallery_66_113_1695.jpg
2008 Centurion Enzo SV240 - Me driving, (2) Males, (2) Females and give or take 1400 lb. in a off the shelf Enzo sac under the seat that did not completely fill the space correctly. Same rider in both pictures.

gallery_66_113_2360.jpg

Picture of the 2008 from a different angle to give a better idea on the size of the wave.

gallery_66_113_51617.jpg

Picture of the 2010 from a different angle to give a better idea on the size of the wave.

Dreamer    96

Does your enzo sac fill the locker completely? Do you have sideswipe exhaust? Some of the enzo sacs were designed for boats with sideswipe exhaust and don't fill the locker at the rear. If this is the case you need to add 3 or 400 pounds of weight in that area.

Most people do not use bow weight in their Enzo's. I rarely used it in my SV230. Enzo sac full plus extra weight at the back of the locker. If you have a light crew add the 750 to the port side seat pushed all the way back then maybe a few hundred pounds of counter weight (under seat behind driver not in rear locker). Speed between 11 and 11.5 and the wakeplate at 25-30%.

Post up some pics.

Bigcatpt    408

So I have the 2009 Enzo SV240 and I know I'm doing something wrong because the surf wave I'm producing isn't that great.

I am only surfing regular (weighting port). I have the Enzo sac (1,500 lbs), the center ballast and bow ballast full. Then 750 lbs on back port seat, and another 750 sac in the bow pushed over to port side. I have trim tab set at 25%. In terms of how the boat looks just sitting there weighted down, the boat is leaning pretty good, but I am not submerging the back bumper at rest.

I have tried both 750 lb bags on back seats (in "L" configuration), but that just made the wave approach perpendicular (as opposed to lateral and steep, the way I like it), and the engine HATED it!

Do I need even more weight!? Do I need a wedge or something else installed? I thought I'd have a sick wave but it's just.... meh. I'm a relatively good surfer, and I feel like I can't even try tricks or I"ll lose the wave. Very frustrating to be taking friends out with a crappy wave.

I ordered 800 lbs of steel shot in bags from pop-products. I plan on distributing that under the port storage area, and towards the front on the port side. Hopefully that helps, but my goal is to have a great wave without putting a bunch of water sacs everywhere!

Please Help :-)

"bow ballast full and then 750 sac in the bow pushed over to port side." :blushing: I am surprised you don't submarine with that much bow weight. Lose the bow weight and then see how it looks.

" I have trim tab set at 25%" ...... Most people are running the trim tab all the way up for port side.

Idaho Mike    29

I have a single trim tab

This is what we run on our 2010 Enzo SV240, 1400 lb. Enzo sac, no center ballast, no bow ballast, trim tab all the way up on the port side.

I have a single trim tab. :-( Also, the Enzo sac I got does NOT completely fill the locker.

Yesterday I had my techy, boat savvy friend out and we figured out, using his GPS on his phone, that my perfect pass speedometer is saying I'm going about 3-4 mph faster than I actually am. That cleaned things up a lot! Before that got figured out, I knew I could speed up and clean it up, but I was like NO WAY should I have to drive 15 mph to get a clean wave!

I'm headed out of town to SLC for the week, but when I get back I'll post up some pic's of the wave.

duramat    462

Swing by Willard lets surf :thumbsup:

I run full bow sac and fat boy in the front. 11-11.5 mph. Mine is a 230 though. My boat makes a garbage wake without bow weight. Also my speedo was off and gave me fits. Eventually you will not need it. I run by rpm mode.. Did you keep the bow weight?

Edited by Tommywalton1974

chadr    328

I have a single trim tab

I have a single trim tab. :-( Also, the Enzo sac I got does NOT completely fill the locker.

Yesterday I had my techy, boat savvy friend out and we figured out, using his GPS on his phone, that my perfect pass speedometer is saying I'm going about 3-4 mph faster than I actually am. That cleaned things up a lot! Before that got figured out, I knew I could speed up and clean it up, but I was like NO WAY should I have to drive 15 mph to get a clean wave!

I'm headed out of town to SLC for the week, but when I get back I'll post up some pic's of the wave.

I agree with Wakedoc!!! Mine does great with just the ENZO sac in the corner and a few ballast butts on the side that you surf. Tons of push! Lots of playground area to work in.

Make sure your using a GPS because the speedometer is usually off with just the paddlewheel!!!

Kevin Baugh    78

all paddle wheel speedos need to be checked at the speed you are running they are almost always wrong unless that have been set

surf moocher    127

If you don't have GPS on your perfect pass, which I don't, you can use one of the GPS MPH apps on your phone to check your actual MPH.

I have a bow sac which I sometimes fill depending on how much weight I have in back of the boat, the more weight I have in the back the more I'll put in the bow. I have a switchblade which also counters the bow weight. I like some counterweight on the opposite side of the boat, it seems to add push for me.

superdtf    68

This is all good advice.

1. Get your speedo squared away.
  2. Get rid of the bow ballast... I've only seen it work with Switchblades (and when it does, it's super b!tchen) :-)

nailem    29

I have a 230 and like everyone else said no bow weight. I run 1100 rear locker, 750 under bench seat. If I have a few in the boat I'll have one sit on the starboard side or add 100-150 to sb

I run no bow weight. Take that 750#s off the bow and put it in the port floor next to the 750# in the seat and take the L shape off the seat. So you have 1500# Enzo sac under and 750# on seat and 750# in the port floor. You can then play with the tab put it on 0 to stack your wave up and up to a 100 to make your wave longer. we gps 10.7-11.1 you should rock then!

Edited by cooks love centurion

dejoeco    59

You must use a lot of trial and error. The best way I found to do this is to have a large crew in the boat and move people around to see how the wave changes.

With that said, I am on my second 233 this time with Ramfil. I added about 700lbs of hard weight pretty evenly distributed port and starboard. I always fill my bow sac and I always counter balance some when riding the port side. I fill the Ramfil about 30-40% as counter weight. sinking the whole back of the boat gives it more push for sure. I do not add counter weight on the goofy side. I have nothing on the seats and with the hard weight I do not lose locker space.