harlobra

2015's and Roswell Speakers

DarksideR    1,679

I'll be going to check out the 244 used in the 2015 video on Friday. Will see if I can get a stereo demo and take some pics too.

Shaka    146

What I find interesting is that, from what I can glean, most of us spend the vast majority of our time within 20 feet of the boat. At this distance my inexpensive (relatively) Infinity tower speakers work just fine. I've contemplated and HLDC setup but every time I get close to pulling the trigger I start to wonder if it's necessary because wakeboarding and skiing rarely happen behind my boat. When someone does actually wakeboard they can hear the speakers it's just not quite as clear as an HLCD. I'd love to have the HLCD clarity in those instances but is it worth the cost? It's something I mull over every time I ponder a speaker upgrade.

DarksideR    1,679

I'll be going to check out the 244 used in the 2015 video on Friday. Will see if I can get a stereo demo and take some pics too.

Got called in to work so Friday isn't happening now.

duramat    462

is it worth the cost? It's something I mull over every time I ponder a speaker upgrade.

Yes...yes it is

enzo on LI    79

^x2

Provided you enjoy it loud and clear!!!

brand1m    0

I hope they sound better than they look.

My first thought when I saw them was "wow those look cheap". I'm not sure if its the shape or the louver looking bars or both, but they look like an aftermarket you might pick up from Walmart.

I should be going to demo a 15 in a a few weeks so we'll see.

DarksideR    1,679

They look good in person.

PayCheck    20

i think they fit in with the new look on the boats. i retract any negative comments towards the new boats, the more i look the better they look. i think the down fire system is an incredible idea, why NOT add more music inside? i like everything centurion is doing. its not like the roswell speakers hurt your ears......... they still sound awesome! i haven't heard them in a centurion but they sounded good in a nautique i rode in. not sure if they were the factory, but the grills were the same as centurions new ones

Skibumm    184

I don't mind the look and I would assume they sound very good but holy crap $6000 for the ampatheater 3 package is what I heard is the upgrade cost. That is a lot of coin that would buy a fantastic system for 1/2.

Bongo Fury    640

i think they fit in with the new look on the boats. i retract any negative comments towards the new boats, the more i look the better they look. i think the down fire system is an incredible idea, why NOT add more music inside? i like everything centurion is doing. its not like the roswell speakers hurt your ears......... they still sound awesome! i haven't heard them in a centurion but they sounded good in a nautique i rode in. not sure if they were the factory, but the grills were the same as centurions new ones

X2 PayCheck....the more I see the newer boats the more I like them!

• Like 1

brand1m    0

I went and did a demo on a 2015 fs44 today. The speakers look better in person than the do online. The black is much more tolerable than the white. I still think they are a weak point on an otherwise awesome boat.

Sound-wise, I thought they were okay. When we first got in the boat and turned them on, the sub was immediately clipping. We reduced the gain and did away with that. I was told the gain was all the way up at first, but didn't confirm myself. I'm not sure how I feel about the down fire idea. It definitely adds more sound in the boat but due to the placement, makes conversation harder in the boat. It feels like they're right in your ear.

If I was placing an order for one today, I'd delete the tower speakers and install wetsounds, remove the in-boats for wetsounds and maybe drop in an JL sub. Between the bleed over from the tower and the in-boats, I think you can get more than enough sound without having a speaker 4 feet from your head aimed at you.

That said, they're just speakers. The boat is awesome.

Edited by brand1m

duramat    462

I was told at the crew meet, that the whole system comes already set from the factory with the gains at a predetermined set point for the amps. Any attempt to adjust te gains on the amp would nullify any warranty with the system. I understood the gains were set pretty conservatively, was there room for upping them up?..absolutely..but your gonna lose your warranty if you tinkered with it. Something to consider possibly if in the market with this system.

Wetsounds was in the process (or has one now) making adapters to accomodate their speakers for that tower so the Wetsounds fans still have that option :thumbsup:

I did like the Cent logo over the woofer looked pretty cool at night

duramat    462

ure5ebuz.jpgra9yduby.jpg2esubygu.jpg7e9y6eda.jpg6e5eza8y.jpg

I will say..this tower is TALL! and very sturdy. The construction on it isn't Mickey Mouse cheap, it's legit, they didnt skimp on the construction/design of it.

Also the board storage ontop...awesome! Simply slide your board into the pocket above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by duramat

brand1m    0

I will say..this tower is TALL! and very sturdy. The construction on it isn't Mickey Mouse cheap, it's legit, they didnt skimp on the construction/design of it. Also the board storage ontop...awesome! Simply slide your board into the pocket above. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's interesting that you say the tower is tall because we noted that it felt lower lol. I guess it depends what you are coming from (we're in a 2013 sv244) and it feels lower than ours.

The only thing that felt cheap to me about the tower is the plastic on the sides. It will be interesting to see how that holds up. It seemed a little flimsy and I wonder how much fade potential it has.

As for the gains on the sound system, I was told that they were set at 40%. So that would match with what you were told at the crew meet maybe?

boatnut    230

Wow, just tried out the stereo in my new enzo, and the roswell speakers sound pretty darn good, in fact I think better then the westsound in my old tige z1!!

• Like 1

SurferAdam    168

Has anyone tried adding a pair of rev 10s to the downfire system. I just bought a 2015 fs33 and although the downfire system does sound very good it's just not loud enough out the back of the boat

boatnut    230

I can't see why you could not do that, just be careful if your worried about warranty, because you might have to add an amp for the Rev 10's.... Check out the thread i started about the stereo on my 210

truekaotik    458

Has anyone tried adding a pair of rev 10s to the downfire system. I just bought a 2015 fs33 and although the downfire system does sound very good it's just not loud enough out the back of the boat

This can either be fixed by a proper tune or if you just want more, yes you can add anything you want really. The warranty may be void on the factory stereo after depending on your route, so call and ask directly and state what exactly you want to do? Although my suggestion would be a 410 on its own amp...

Edited by truekaotik

truekaotik    458

The rev10's will mount crooked on the tube Inbetween the downfire possibly. The 410 would take mods but looks possible.. Havnt done it.. Just saying looks possible :)

• Like 1