dmigas    3

What does the sprinkler valve do? It looks like it is plumbed down flow of the intake pump line. Does it close when the tank is full? I got the pump working, blown fuse.

Dreamer    96

The sprinkler is usually a component of a system that has more tanks/sacs than pumps.

DarksideR    1,679

It's on all of them. Mine had it and only have the centre tank.

Get rid of it dmigas. It restricts flow. A few of us here made our own manifolds with ball valves that you manually open and close to route where you want your water to go. Much quicker.

Didn't you say you had checked the fuse...?

dmigas    3

I had checked the wrong fuse! I read and then subsequently saw on the side of the pump that it is a 20 amp fuse. The fuse is labeled trim tabs on my fuse panel that runs the pump.

DarksideR    1,679

Yeah, they can be tricky that way. LOL

Sprinkler valves give me nightmares.

swetpants    0

When you guys remove the sprinkler valves from the system completely, what are you doing with the wires that power it. Are you removing the wires from the system completely or do you just wire nut and tape them off. I haven't really traced back where they are coming from. I assume they run back to the switch? Id like to remove mine as i don't feel they are appropriate on my 'one factory center ballast tank'.

thanks

Dan gib    8

I soldiered mine lengthened and used them for my tsunami pump. Make sure to check wire size and draw on the pump and adjust fuse no larger then wires capacity.

swetpants    0

Dan Gib,  When you say you lengthened your wires and used it for another pump (tsunami pump)....were the sprinkler valve wires not hooked up to the switch controlling the original ballast pump. My thought was that both the sprinkler valve wires and the main ballast wires are hooked up to the same switch so when one powers on so does the other, working together in unison opening the valves at the same time. Again, I have not had the time to trace the wires to see where they end up. Thanks