We're a wet sounds dealer, and will likely do wet sounds installs on customers boats in leu of going full Roswell from the factory.. I don't really mind the Roswell stuff however. I wish they would offer some more conventional tower speakers from the factory, like keep the rev8's and 10's. I'm sure a lot of people are going to be looking for something simpler then the down fire system which is pretty elaborate and pricey. That's why we will probably order boats without tower speakers and either install wet sounds or give the customer the option when the boats sell. Roswell makes nice stuff, nautique has been using them for awhile now. They seem to make a nice product. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it, speakers are about the easiest thing to change In a boat!

rawinnin    73

I'm not speaking for Doc but what I have heard is that WerSounds can not keep up with the demand. Centurion has boats finished off the production line ready to ship to clients but they are waiting on equipment from WS

Anywhere from a 6 to 9 week delay.

At this time of year that could ruin your season knowing your boats just sitting there

Some of the things that are said here by people who have no clue are pretty funny!

T

You may want to ask your source for a new false Rumor. I would like to continue getting entertained by the things they are in "In the Know" about.

DarksideR    1,679

Man. Only three gelcoat design choices? And they got rid of the ovation graphic. That's too bad.

On a side note though, does this mean that I could order a 2015 today? If I was so inclined.

carzin    10

South Shore: You are making this seem like a premium option, but for ugly speakers, that is a hard sell. The tower speaker grills remind me of Max Headroom. And what is so complicated about a couple of speakers pointing down a little? Is there more to this than meets the eye?

I suspect the real story is that Roswell makes the new tower, and there was incentive for Fineline to use Roswell speakers.

Edited by carzin

WakeDoc    471

Man. Only three gelcoat design choices? And they got rid of the ovation graphic. That's too bad.

On a side note though, does this mean that I could order a 2015 today? If I was so inclined.

Yes, they are no longer offering the 2014 Line.

rawinnin    73

South Shore: You are making this seem like a premium option, but for ugly speakers, that is a hard sell. And what is so complicated about a couple of speakers pointing down a little? Is there more to this than meets the eye? I suspect the real story is that Roswell makes the new tower, and there was incentive for Fineline to use Roswell speakers.

Exactly! Probably an incentive. Not to mention that most dealers either are a Wetsounds Dealer or they are tied to a Wetsounds dealer in some fashion. This way they can hold more profit off the sale of a sound system than paying the factory.

Cause you know based on what someone says apparently demand was exceeding supply. ?

carzin    10

The reason I get a little irritated with the speaker system is that I PREFER factory installed stereos like the one I have on our 13 SV233. We paid the 5k extra or the factory custom install, and its one of the biggest sources of enjoyment (and pride) for our boat. I love the hell out of our wetsounds, how well they look with the boat and associated aesthetics. I don't like aftermarket installs, as they often, but not always, just don't match the rest of the boat. They look a little out of place. I'd be concerned that the brackets for a wetsounds system would look 'aftermarket' and comparatively crummy on the roswell tower. Maybe not. I'd have to wait and see. But the dealership would like penalize you on the backend for not getting a Roswell system, and I'd end up paying more for a custom install after delivery. That's just speculation that you could easily dissuade me of.

With that said, I like virtually everything else they've done with the boat.

DarksideR    1,679

Whoa

and whoa

carzin    10

I'd like to see them add side LEDs near the rear of the boat. We do a lot of night riding, and it would be awesome to have the plume glowing blue.

DrNate    426

Wow, I have to say I'm really digging everything about the 2015's. And the promo videos are pretty sweet as well. So strange to see Ashley Kidd in a Centurion promo video, but it's cool!

tprice    118

Some of the things that are said here by people who have no clue are pretty funny!

T

You may want to ask your source for a new false Rumor. I would like to continue getting entertained by the things they are in "In the Know" about.

Regarding any info I have put on here has come from first hand experience.

My experience with the 244 2014 I probably have more hours on it than anybody on this site with the exception of maybe one other individual.

So any comments/ frustrations with Ramfill have come from experience with the boat and not just passing on heresay info

As far as Docs comment about this being false, this came straight from a dealer. I'm not going to throw any dealer under the bus but this is what we were told.

And yes, this came from first hand experience.

WakeDoc    471

As far as Docs comment about this being false, this came straight from a dealer. I'm not going to throw any dealer under the bus but this is what we were told.

I do not repeat hearsay in a public forum, my information came from the source on both sides. Again why would Fineline continue to use Wet Sounds as their supplier for Supreme if they were having a big enough delivery problem that they discontinued the use on Centurion? Fact is what you are saying is wrong, might want to stop spreading false rumors.

tprice    118

I do not repeat hearsay in a public forum, my information came from the source on both sides. Again why would Fineline continue to use Wet Sounds as their supplier for Supreme if they were having a big enough delivery problem that they discontinued the use on Centurion? Fact is what you are saying is wrong, might want to stop spreading false rumors.

Doc, only passing on info that a CENTURION Dealer told us. Your hearsay isn't any diff than mine. Yes we talked to a centurion dealer and a wetsounds distributor and were told this by both.

So, I guess no one on this site should pass on any info/ or personal experience regarding any conversations about anything regarding boats,equipment, etc with their dealer

As it's just hearsay

All because I questioned you on a CrewDeal a few years back (price on CrewDeal was more than price on products website) you got your feelings hurt and seem to look for any Opp to try and get a jab in here and there,

Get over it dude!

• Like 1

rawinnin    73

Regarding any info I have put on here has come from first hand experience.

My experience with the 244 2014 I probably have more hours on it than anybody on this site with the exception of maybe one other individual.

So any comments/ frustrations with Ramfill have come from experience with the boat and not just passing on heresay info

I never questioned your experience regarding your frustrations with ramfill. Do you have a guilty conscience? is that why you are bringing it up?

I wouldn't want to throw a dealer under the buss either but there could be other unknown circumstances regarding the issue the said dealer is or is not having with Wetsounds. But hey let me know if you are having trouble as I know a couple of WS dealers as well as Employees that would be happy to help you get product.

Doc, only passing on info that a CENTURION Dealer told us. Your hearsay isn't any diff than mine. Yes we talked to a centurion dealer and a wetsounds distributor and were told this by both.

So, I guess no one on this site should pass on any info/ or personal experience regarding any conversations about anything regarding boats,equipment, etc with their dealer

As it's just hearsay

All because I questioned you on a CrewDeal a few years back (price on CrewDeal was more than price on products website) you got your feelings hurt and seem to look for any Opp to try and get a jab in here and there,

Get over it dude!

I would say that Hearsay is not Hearsay when it comes direct from the 2 parties involved.

T, we already have 1 H20king on the site and he has been behaving lately you might want to follow his lead!

WakeDoc    471

As it's just hearsay

The information I posted came for the "source" Centurion and Wet Sounds, delivery of product never played into the decision to move to another manufacture. Pass on whatever information you want but, if it is wrong I would think you would want to be made aware of it so you are not spreading false rumors, I know I sure would.

Get over it dude!

You think this has something to do with a Crew Deal a few years ago, get over yourself and stop trying to read context into my replies...LOL!!! Seems you are the one with hurt feelings since I replied you are wrong. So try to get over whatever ill will you have from a few years ago, it is the past and I guarantee is the furthest thing on my mind.

tprice    118

T

No guilty conscience here!

I'm just fine

tprice    118

WakeDoc

Last thing I'll say and be done with,

No ill will on my part.

I'm just passing on info from Personal experience

enzo on LI    79

Ah I feel so much better about my day! That said...I abosolutely live the 2015 Centurions and my new dealer has been pushing them hot and heavy. Starting to make me think new even though I am really happy with my current boat.

volzalum    280

I'm seriously considering an FS44 This winter. I've got just under 600 hours on the 216, and will have over 700 by summers end.

rawinnin    73

I'm seriously considering an FS44 This winter. I've got just under 600 hours on the 216, and will have over 700 by summers end.

Go for it Volz! Pull the trigger! U deserve it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..