Kevdawg62    0

So we decided to get a new head unit with bluetooth to run all our music that way now, got it all hooked up tonight. Got a MEXN5000BT not marine so we'll see how long it holds up in there. I thought my old sony wire remote rm-x55 would still work with it but the new head unit has a SiriusXM Satellite radio connector instead of the unlink the stock one had. Well the remote cable still worked so i have some dash control, but i dont really need them since my phone would control it all.

Just wondering if you who have stock rm-x55 remotes in your dash still keep them there or if you have removed them, and if you have removed them then what do you do with that hole in your dash now.

side note, can anyone send me somewhere to learn how to tune an amp, my protection keeps tripping and i cant figure it out?

WickedC4    12

Kev. My friends and family love the Bluetooth on my alpine. . .

And not sure of a web site but the guys here will help you tune your amps in. you mite want to give them more info about how your running it.

truekaotik    458

Protect can be gain issue all the way to a speaker wire or speaker shorting... Tuning instructions depend on if your tuning by ear, multi meter, or other tools... As for the remote, personal choice what you feel is best for you..

Kevdawg62    0

I'm going to check the tower speaker cable, I noticed it was starting to dangle out the bottom of the tower, Hopefully it was just pinched or something while the tower was down in storage, Ive already found some good info. I'm going to make sure all my audio is connected to the same battery I heard that could be an issus and I'll turn all the amp knobs down.

I have a pair of older wetsound tower speakers, I bridged a 4 channel amp to a 2 channel and connected 1 RCA cable per speaker from the head unit to the 1 and 2 channels. I dont need more then 1 rca per speaker correct? Also i cant get my head around this 4ohm 2ohm 8 ohm thing, not sure what my amp says min. is 4 ohm for a bridged 2 channel. does that mean i need to change something with my wetsound tower speakers?

thanks guys

If your wetsounds are 4ohm speakers and your running each one from one bridged channel from your amp your good as far as ohm load. Yes one RCA per channel. One pair L/R gives you stereo input to the amp. Be sure and hook them to the "bridged" input.

First thing I would do is find out the ohm rating on those tower speakers, or just hook your trusty multi meter to each pair of wires going to the speakers, Set to ohms this will tell you exactly what ohm load the amp is seeing per channel. If you get say 3.5 ohms your amp may not like that. Really easy to do.

If you don't have a multimeter and you plan to save yourself some coin, pick a cheap one up for like 20 bucks. A must have IMO working on sound systems

Edited by Tommywalton1974

Wylie_Tunes    146

All Wet Sounds full-range speakers are a 4 ohm nominal impedance. So there should be no issue bridging on a 4 chnl amp thats 2 ohm per chnl stable and can run in 2 chnl mode. There are some amps, like some older Sony, that are 4/3's. meaning you can run it in 4 chnl mode or 3 chnl and only bridge chnls 3 and 4. Bridging 1 and 2 with a 4 ohm speaker could put it in protect mode. So check your amp.

AN ohm meter will also help you to see if the speaker wires are pinched to the tower or if the + and - are contacting.