I found a topic with the same issue but not much follow up so I'm starting this one.

2008 Enzo black scorpion. 2 beeps every minute or so while boat is idling, or at surf speed. Risers are cool. Engine is cool. Oil pressure is good, volts are fine. Tranny oil is good and full, v-drive oil is good and full. No issues. Impeller replaced 20 hours ago. I left engine running to check riser temp and water hose temps. Cool to the touch. Everything was cool to the touch.I turned engine off after about 10 minutes of these beeps.

I turned it off and dumped the bags. Cranked it to head in and guess what, no more beeping. I've read IAC valve or block pressure sensor. It's not in guardian yet and want to keep it that way.

Anyone having this type of intermittent beeping issue??

Edited by Tommywalton1974
  • Like 1

Kevin Baugh    78

Do you have the multipurpose gauge Pilot 1? I has a depth finder that can have depth alarms set

I don't think so. No depth finder on my boat.from left to right, plastic blank for depth finder, analogue tach with engine temp and oil pressure and speedometer with fuel and voltage. To the far right perfect pass. Same beep tone when you turn on the key. At first I thought it was perfect pass on the blink again, the frequency of the beeps is a pattern. Not a random beep.

Kevin Baugh    78

Might need a dealer to put the laptop on it to see what that code is

Great. I live in the Mississippi delta. The only wake boat I've seen around here is mine. When you mean dealer I'm assuming your speaking of any boat dealer that services mercruiser? Because a centurio. Dealer is out of the question

Kevin Baugh    78

What is the name of the software system merc uses? So I can ask these folks if they have it. I'm sure it's proprietary right?

The diacom marine is what I should get. One trip to a dealer and I can own it. I see it's windows friendly. Boot camp utility solves that. Do you use diacom?

I assumed it wasn't availible to non dealers. Kind of like caterpillar ECM software.

Edited by Tommywalton1974

That last link helps. Sounds like I'm safe for now. Nearly 24 different sensors, any one could be out of wack? Haha sweet, looks like I'll be upside down tomorrow just checking wiring and fluids first. Thanks

chenige    84

How far back (model year wise) does this laptop hookup go? And where does it get plugged into on the boat?

Kevin Baugh    78

if your boat has an ecm it should work there is a plug back on the engine

My dealer has both software they had to get diacom when Centurion switched to PCM

I just got one of these http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Bluetooth-diagnostics-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402262241&sr=8-1&keywords=bluetooth+obd2 that works with my Android tablet 24.00 and 4 dollars for the software and I can read codes clear them etc on any vehicle to bad it does not work on boats

chenige    84

When did they start using ECM's?

I would be covered if boats were obd2. I have a nemesis.

poidog1    74

Hey Tom, I had the same issue but it wasn't intermittent. They replaced part # is 881879-10 sensor on my trans. The shop told me that a lot of times it has a bad ground as well so the added another ground wire to my new sensor. You might just have to add a ground wire.

Ok thanks. It hasn't returned yet. I went out yesterday and no beeps. But I expect it to resurface.

gregp01    0

I have the same issue. 2 quick beeps about every 2 minutes. Boat runs great

and all gauges look good. Any way to get a list of what sensors can cause the beeps?

Just went through this myself, block pressure sensor , my service guy was so sure thats what it was he actually just grabbed one as we were walking out with computer and thats what it was. replaced ,clear code ,no beep beep

• Like 1

gregp01    0

Where is the block pressure sensor located.

Also, where is the diagnostic connector locate?

I must be blind

Pildo    6

Is it located on the transmission cooler? I believe that is the one I had replace a month ago