CrewAdmin

5th Annual CenturionCrew.Com Weekend Friday, Sept. 12th - 14th, 2014

We have nice size, 10-11' gators here. And the record alligator gar was caught in moon lake. Google that. It was a beast caught about 100 years ago. Like 11' long fish. Huge. Y'all come on they are harmless. I've ran over alligator gar while surfing. Feel them when the smack the fin.

It's cool surfing along and see a big fish go right under your board

Edited by Tommywalton1974

post-5220-0-35616100-1409278962_thumb.jpg

Here you go nick.This is the one. I've seen 4' fish like this. Maybe a beast this size lurks in Texas..

Edited by Tommywalton1974

Nick213    583

LMAO!!!

I'm fine knowing they are there, it's just if I see one while I'm there I might act like a little girl about it.

I see sharks and whales while fishing and I'll tell ya it freaks me out!

The difference is I'm not swimming in the ocean so being in the Texas river with them intimidates me a little.

Haha. I think I would get a little nervous in a small boat in the ocean and a whale show up. Or a shark

DrNate    426

Because of my wife, I have done extensive research on the subject:

In the entire history of the world, no one has ever died from an alligator attack in Texas. Think about that for a minute. EVER. Don't believe me? Google it.

And, no one in recorded history has ever died from an alligator garr. In fact, there are very few recorded incidents of anyone ever even getting bit by a garr. Why? Athought alligator garrs look nasty (teeth, etc.), they are very skittish and not aggressive at all. In fact, they are way more afraid of people than we are of them. Yes, they can get big. Yes, they look mean. But they are scaredy cats. The biggest chance of you getting bit by one is to catch one via rod and reel, get it in the boat, and accidentally rub your flesh against it's teeth. Don't believe me? Google it.

Despite all of the above, and repeated lectures and facts to my wife, it is unlikely that you will see her in the water at the Crew Meet. So if you do happen to see her surfing, be sure and cheer her on. It is a BIG DEAL, trust me.

WakeDoc    471

If you see a alligator garr while you are in the water just grab it by the tail and swim it in a circle, they can't turn fast enough to catch ya, see nothing to worry about.

Haha! These are good facts. You are right about the gar and the alligator for that matter. These poor living fossils have watched humans do stupid things for a long time. Like chasing them with big sharp hooks! Nothing to worry about. All they want to do is go the other way

DarksideR    1,679

Lol Nate, should be extra push to stay in the pocket!

Doc... Didn't you say the same thing about an actual gator!? I didn't know at the time if you were joking or not! Any time I was in the boat, I was eyeing the shoreline looking for spots that I thought a gator might slip in! LOL

CDABOAT    14

Gators or no gators.. I can't wait for this event and to see all the Centurion boats, all you guys, and all the fun. Gonna be a MIGHTY time!

duramat    462

Lol Nate, should be extra push to stay in the pocket!

Doc... Didn't you say the same thing about an actual gator!? I didn't know at the time if you were joking or not! Any time I was in the boat, I was eyeing the shoreline looking for spots that I thought a gator might slip in! LOL

YA HE DID! I remember you and I looking at each other like "WTH?"

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

RVR-RAT    269

Lmao! Here we go again ! Doc you gonna post the gar report again ?

Edited by RVR-RAT

DrNate    426

^^^^That always does crack me up! :)

CrewAdmin    192

Checkout the 2014 CenturionCrew.Com 5th Annual CCC Weekend T-Shirt Design!
(Design may change slightly, most likely you won't notice it)
1409679070-U7.png

Click HERE for higher resolution version of image above.

This year all CenturionCrew.Com members can order the following event shirts.

• Gildan brand 5.3 oz. preshrunk 100% Cotton jersey knit with seamless double-needle 7/8 collar, taped neck and shoulders, double-needle sleeve and bottom hems, quarter-turned to eliminate center crease t-shirts in red, blue, green, pink or sport grey adult sizes for $18.00 each if picked up at the event, plus shipping if not.
  • Gildan brand 6.0 oz. preshrunk 100% Cotton jersey knit with banded neck and armhole Adult Tank Tops, color: sport grey, adult sizes only for $20.00 each if picked up at the event, plus shipping if not.

So if you want one be sure to get it ordered ASAP.
The shirts will be available by pre-order only, shirts must be ordered and paid for on or before the 7th of September 2014 before Midnight Central time.

To order shirts please PM CrewAdmin the shirt sizes and quantities you would like to order, an invoice will be created and sent by PM.

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Saweeeet!!!!!!! Of course I want more than one like always.. Lol

RhuntIII    555

Those shirts look sweet!

DarksideR    1,679

Hmmmm, looks like an FS44 on the back.... foreshadowing much???

CrewAdmin    192

This time next week we will be on the Trinity River, Surfing It TEXAS style. If you are planning to order event shirts we need sizes and colors right away.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Done! Looking forward to next weekend

WakeAV8R    1

Hey Guys… Rest assured, I've taken my family to the Trinity all summer long this year and have not seen any alligators. Not to say they are not there; it's just too hot for them to be out. Plus there is plenty of easier catches for them. Also, the hum of the boat keeps them away. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

• Like 1