tprice    118

Had a couple weekends now to get the new v226 out and surf it. WOW, I am so impressed with the wave( Yes I will get pics posted eventually, I'm always on the go and usually just have my phone with me which I can't post pics from)

After spending last season on my buddies 2014 SV 244 I feel I made a great choice. My buddy is visually impaired and can not drive so I usually am driving his boat and have a ton of hours on it.

Nothing negative about the 244 but sometimes less is more. It's great just filling the baljast and going on the 226 vs the 244.

We spent a good part of what seemed half a season dialing in the wave in the 244 and each rider has his own preference of cats and trim tab settings. Was getting to be a PITA as a driver and constantly trying to adjust rider settings, Cats ,tab, counter weight etc.

As far as the 226, fill it and go. Wave was dialed in by the first run of the day. Tab all the way up, just a hair of counter weight and go. Super clean on both sides and great wave.

It didn't seem to matter if wind picked up , started to get a bit choppy. Wave stayed clean and constant.

If u r in the market for a new surf boat I give huge props to the 226

Carter13    69

Good to hear your 226 is treating you well.

Did you get a place at Campers Hideaway? We were up at Yale Saturday for a shake down of ours.

tprice    118

Carter, ya we bought a place up there Feb of 2013

We love it. Usually spend Thursday night through Sunday up there each weekend.

We have plenty of room, you should come up! We usually start 7 am

tprice    118

Carter, ya we bought a place up there Feb of 2013

We love it. Usually spend Thursday night through Sunday up there each weekend.

We have plenty of room, you should come up! We usually start 7 am

h20king    794

T your boat looks awesome on the water. Thanks again for having us come visit you at the lake

post-777-0-58665400-1401137829_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-34142100-1401137865_thumb.jpg

NW Boat Sports    232

Love Merwin, used to be the only place we went. Haven't been in a couple years tho. How does it go through the Merwin chop?

• Like 1

tprice    118

Handles the chop great and hardly noticeable NW Boats.

We can usually have glass from 7 am till about 11:30 then again at 7:00 pm to 9-9:30

tprice    118

We had originally started with about 25-30% counter weight and immediately brought it down to about 10%

And had 200 lbs of pellet bags in the bow. Wave had great length , ton of lift and clean

DarksideR    1,679

You're killing me T! No pics!? Thanks H for posting those two. T, your boat looks sick! SICK!!

Two days ago, I made the mistake of going to visit the shop I bought my boat from 5 years ago. He's the Centurion and Supreme dealer here. Checked out the 226 and the S21 and the Centurion ss210 and 233. All just amazing boats! Started talking to the owner for a bit, and he tells me he'd give me what I paid 5 years ago for my boat on a trade for one of his new boats...This is great that my boat hasn't lost any value at all, but REALLY bad for my love of new shiny things! Now I'm tempted to go further in debt! And reading your post about just filling the ballast and surfing makes it even more enticing! We hate having bags on the seats in our EliteV, it gets the job done, but it's a pain in the A. And it doesn't take much of a ripple to throw the wave off. Might be time to sell the motorbike...

RVR-RAT    269

You're killing me T! No pics!? Thanks H for posting those two. T, your boat looks sick! SICK!!

Two days ago, I made the mistake of going to visit the shop I bought my boat from 5 years ago. He's the Centurion and Supreme dealer here. Checked out the 226 and the S21 and the Centurion ss210 and 233. All just amazing boats! Started talking to the owner for a bit, and he tells me he'd give me what I paid 5 years ago for my boat on a trade for one of his new boats...This is great that my boat hasn't lost any value at all, but REALLY bad for my love of new shiny things! Now I'm tempted to go further in debt! And reading your post about just filling the ballast and surfing makes it even more enticing! We hate having bags on the seats in our EliteV, it gets the job done, but it's a pain in the A. And it doesn't take much of a ripple to throw the wave off. Might be time to sell the motorbike...

Pull the trigger on a new toy Dark!

RVR-RAT    269

Had a couple weekends now to get the new v226 out and surf it. WOW, I am so impressed with the wave( Yes I will get pics posted eventually, I'm always on the go and usually just have my phone with me which I can't post pics from)

After spending last season on my buddies 2014 SV 244 I feel I made a great choice. My buddy is visually impaired and can not drive so I usually am driving his boat and have a ton of hours on it.

Nothing negative about the 244 but sometimes less is more. It's great just filling the baljast and going on the 226 vs the 244.

We spent a good part of what seemed half a season dialing in the wave in the 244 and each rider has his own preference of cats and trim tab settings. Was getting to be a PITA as a driver and constantly trying to adjust rider settings, Cats ,tab, counter weight etc.

As far as the 226, fill it and go. Wave was dialed in by the first run of the day. Tab all the way up, just a hair of counter weight and go. Super clean on both sides and great wave.

It didn't seem to matter if wind picked up , started to get a bit choppy. Wave stayed clean and constant.

If u r in the market for a new surf boat I give huge props to the 226

Very nice looking boat T :thumbsup:

duramat    462

Do it! :thumbsup:

Looks good T!

tprice    118

Do it Darkside!

I also had my Elite maxed out with bags. It was always a bit nerve racking. You had to really focus when driving to watch out for rollers.

The nice thing about the 226 is it hardly rocks too much when weighted . Feels extremely solid and handles the rollers great while weighted.

Again, another nice thing I like about it a bit more than my buddies 244

DarksideR    1,679

Do it! :thumbsup:

Looks good T!

Do it Darkside!

I also had my Elite maxed out with bags. It was always a bit nerve racking. You had to really focus when driving to watch out for rollers.

The nice thing about the 226 is it hardly rocks too much when weighted . Feels extremely solid and handles the rollers great while weighted.

Again, another nice thing I like about it a bit more than my buddies 244

Yeah, that's really the biggest thing... When we've sacked it out so much that waters curling over the locker lid... can get dicey. Now where's my credit card? Edited by DarksideR

Bongo Fury    640

Dark....we had 7 people on the boat yesterday....we did not use any extra bags or led.....we had one of the sickest waves we have ever had.....just factory stock ballast.

• Like 1

h20king    794

Dark I found this hope T does not mind LOL

Edited by h20king

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks. That's pretty sick. Is that stock ballast? I know you had custom bags made H, I gotta go back to your thread of your boat. Can't remember if you ordered it with stock pumps or what?

Talked to the wife about the possibilities of a new boat, and basically used T's first post on this thread to sell her on it! LOL. It's now an ACTUAL possibility! Still doubtful though.