cptunnel    0

Hey guys, thinking of going to pick up a falcon sport closed bow this evening and had few questions for y'all. I'm not new to ski boats, I've owned a centurion barefoot and trutrac and recently sold a Malibu echelon..I found this falcon with a tower and a bunch of goodies with only 298 hrs on it..the owner is having some family issues apparently and has his brother in law selling so he doesn't know much about it but it looks super clean in the pics..dies this boat have wood in the seats, stringers or anywhere? If you fill it with 4 or 5 people does it throw a good enough wake to really ride? Is there anyone out there who has had a bad experience with this hull? And are they TBI or carb? Its got the mercruiser tournament ski engine..and what transmission does it have? Thanks guys for any input, I haven't had to search a whole lot of info due to being away from computer due to work and I hate searching on phone..thanks again guys

Hyperryd    6

I believe it is an all wood boat, interior and stringers. You could get either carb or EFI that year so it depends. I'm pretty sure it is a velvet drive trans. It is primarily a ski boat s don't expect a big wake, but you can throw in some ballast to improve it. Just be careful, it's a pretty shallow boat.

cptunnel    0

I found that stringers are poly and floor and stuff was wood..I guess that's a plus

cptunnel    0

Called the unified composite system..that basically eliminated wood from the structure of the boat

Skibumm    184

A falcon Sport is not a wood stringer boat and I believe that it was the first production of the composite build. I have a 94 falcon sport that is the same boat with the exception that mine has wood floor and stringers. Not issues at all with mine as far as the wood goes but the sport is built better. As far as wake it will be smaller than any of your previous boat with exception possibly of the barefoot warrior but would be close to that. If you are going to wakeboard you will need to shorten the rope a bit and weight the crap out of it and still it wont be very good. If you are wanting to surf you can forget about that for the most part, I have never tried but doubt it could even be done. I love my falcon and would only go with the carbon pro (if they made an open bow) or the new prostar.