Tommywalton1974

The big boy is sweet!

June1 7.jpg June1 8.jpg

Ok, Tommy, it all clicked this weekend. I have this big boy down. This was the best weekend surf with it. I even did some nice slash work. Boy the board really responds. I think I was just not responsive enough in the beginning. It is getting easy now!!!

Agreed. I got my wave dialed in more this weekend. Best so far. I had some really great riding on the bb. I can now move my rear foot much more it's coming together, getting use to it. I got one really good pump out of it and it was very fast! Put me on the back of the boat almost!

Same here! Had my best day this year. I've figured out there is a certain way I can pump this board and it moves! Problem is I can't always get the timing!! Ha my crew laughs because I know I look crazy trying to get it. So much fun. I did a few 360's but couldn't stay in the wave. I can get around at least! I'm hoping soon I can pump it and ride out!

Why am I obsessed with this? Surfing is causing me to spend too much money, miss work and even lie about where I'm going! Love it!

• Like 1

Tleeah    33

My group kept laughing at me at the beginning, they are not laughing much now. The good thing is no one else can ride my board so it gets only used by me. I am so glad you posted this link, it really helped and gave me motivation to keep working with the board. I was about to pack that sucker in, but now it is my fun board!!!

My group kept laughing at me at the beginning, they are not laughing much now. The good thing is no one else can ride my board so it gets only used by me. I am so glad you posted this link, it really helped and gave me motivation to keep working with the board. I was about to pack that sucker in, but now it is my fun board!!!

Just for fun I took off the big fins. Omg it's a 360 machine! All over the place but fun as heck. Have you tried that yet??

Tleeah    33

Just for fun I took off the big fins. Omg it's a 360 machine! All over the place but fun as heck. Have you tried that yet??

Yes I tried it once but could not get all the way around on the 360. I'm struggling sticking the 360. As for the board without the large fins, it is all over the place for sure!!! Any suggestion on sticking the 360?

I was getting around and loosing the wave. I can't do it every time. It does best for me if I spin fast so I'll have some wave left. I want a skim board now.

Tleeah    33

I was getting around and loosing the wave. I can't do it every time. It does best for me if I spin fast so I'll have some wave left. I want a skim board now.

I was reading on James Walker's site on "how to do a 360." He has some good tips and says that the monster fins should not be an issue for the 360. I will give the tips a try this weekend.

Nikj    2

SO I picked up a barely used flyboy for cheap and compared to my big boy I like it so far

I have short legs and the big boy is such a stretch for me to ride on the sweet spot, I feel like I'm doing the splits all the time

A lil about me I'm 5'7" and 235 lbs

The flyboy is awesome but lacking a little buoyancy for me, and now when I go back to the big boy I feel like its sluggish comparably, possibly need a bigger wake then my Centurion LIghting

I need a Mid-boy I guess, a little more volume in the front of the fly boy and a shortened center point for a narrower stance

Edited by Nikj

Uh oh! Sounds like time for a custom board. Yesterday I was surfing along and got way way back, knew I was going to loose it. So I moved my back foot up on the front of the board and saved it. Lucky save. Both feet were on the front half of the board. I laughed all the way back to the sweet spot!

surf moocher    127

Yes I tried it once but could not get all the way around on the 360. I'm struggling sticking the 360. As for the board without the large fins, it is all over the place for sure!!! Any suggestion on sticking the 360?

Try doing a 270 or 300, seriously, and then pump the board back into the sweet spot toward the boat. Don't be in too much of a hurry to get around, that seems to work best for me. And no, I don't land them all the time.

Tleeah    33

Try doing a 270 or 300, seriously, and then pump the board back into the sweet spot toward the boat. Don't be in too much of a hurry to get around, that seems to work best for me. And no, I don't land them all the time.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I have been trying to muscle my way around and loosing it (board will just stop) when the board goes sideways. I need to lean forward more.

I want a skim board

Tleeah    33

Which one are you looking at??

P5 carbon and victoria. I can't decide

enzo on LI    79

I love my P5 carbon but really interested in the Victoria boards after reading more about them. Just need to find a demo on one!

I love my P5 carbon but really interested in the Victoria boards after reading more about them. Just need to find a demo on one!

I called them. They said turn around is 10-14 days. The way I understood the man was they are built to order. If I wanted it an inch wider or longer it would be no problem. Same time frame. That's why I think I'm going with them. I want a shorter wider board.

Nikj    2

Looking to trade my big boy for a skim now that I have the regular flyboy

Looking for a 58 drew diamond

Any takers

Any takers

. I ordered victoria Pcx xl yesterday. Long two weeks to wait. Hope someone will trade you up

stoked    1,039

Any takers

If you still have it, would you be willing to sell it straight up?

superdtf    68

I have a medium Drew Pro Carbon fiber. I never ride it.

Nikj    2

Sorry slacked off and didn't check this forum

PM me if interested

I need at least a large skim to trade but would sell for a fair price

It's in great shape