Wake Gaston

Upgrading Audio Equipment

Wake Gaston    0

I'm gonna give this one a shot and see what the opinions I receive are. This is my first post so bear with me. I'm sure I am beating a dead horse with this kind of question.

My Story:

My family just bought an 08' Avalanche C4 and of course everything was stock. It has the advanced package with the sideswipe exhaust and triple ballast tanks. The motor only had 51 hours and it was a good fit for what we were looking for. Most of my experience with wake boats originally was with an 08' Mastercaft X2 that I drive for my neighbors and there guests and I tend to compare a lot of things to that boat since it was the first wake boat I used. Apples and Oranges between the two but sometimes it slips up when I'm relating what I have used with what we bought/want.

The objective:

I plan on upgrading all the interior speakers and adding a subwoofer. At some point I will add new tower speakers but that will most like will take place later. I have done a ton of research on different brands and have looked at specifications for days as well as differences in each brand and make/model. I've narrowed my search down to Wetsounds and Exile Audio. I have heard that these guys are the Ford vs. Chevy as far as the marine speakers go, but that is only hearsay. The main attraction to Exile is that I am getting the same amount of quality as wet sounds offers (if not better) for a much better price. I'm trying to keep it around $2000 or less, and I feel like with the exile brand I should be able to stay in that price range. Other brands I have looked at are JL, Polk, Roswell, Rockford Fosgate, etc. I have always been pretty sold on wetsounds being the cream of the crop and I am trying to make the most informed decision so I don't end up making the wrong decision. In addition to the spekears, I know I'll have to get all the wiring packages and amps, and I intend to eventually install either a Wetsounds or Exile equalizer in the cockpit.

My question:

Is exile really all it is cracked up to be? I.E. Sound quality, customer service, reliability.

How are the amps?

If you have either of these brands what do you see as the pros and cons?

Have any idea of a dealer for exile in North Carolina?

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! If I'm out of line for even posting these questions I apologize. I know these forum things can get pretty touchy if you continue to cover a topic multiple times in the same section. I appreciate the help!

truekaotik    458

You may have those reversed... Wetsounds Is superior to Exile in every aspect but price... JMO

Wetsounds is compared to JL Audio quality wise, also my opinion..

Exile compares to PPI or MTX..

Wake Gaston    0

You may have those reversed... Wetsounds Is superior to Exile in every aspect but price... JMO

Wetsounds is compared to JL Audio quality wise, also my opinion..

Exile compares to PPI or MTX..

I appreciate the insight. Exile was just a brand I ran across, and when looking at the features it just seemed that they had most if not all of some of the same ones. Materials may be different, and as I said before I always thought Wetsounds was the cream of the crop. Just trying to save some cash if I can get good quality.

WakeDoc    471

If you want to do it right the first time go with Wet Sounds, you will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

enzo on LI    79

I have friends who put exile in boat speakers as well as exile tower speakers on their ski nautique. They also used exile amps I believe. I think it sounds pretty good but they really want their boat to sound like mine!!!...rev 10s with a 420eq. Not sure on the models of their sound system. I'm Planning to add wetsounds amp and sub soon...like they say hearing is believing. If you can check them all out before you buy, then give wetsounds a shout! :)

Edited by enzo on LI

Wake Gaston    0

Another thing I forgot to add in the original post is eventually doing some kind of custom install for speakers in the bow. I was a little surprised at the fact they didn't have them in the front for my model. I would cut holes in the vinyl, and place them in the inner hull but unfortunately there is no inner hull! Just seat covering material! Anyone have any insight on a custom install up front on my model? (08' Avalanche C4)

Wylie_Tunes    146

My question:

Is exile really all it is cracked up to be? I.E. Sound quality, customer service, reliability.

How are the amps?

If you have either of these brands what do you see as the pros and cons?

Have any idea of a dealer for exile in North Carolina?

1) No, they are not all they are promoted to be. I have taken the gear apart, side by side with brands like Wet Sounds, Kicker KL, and its not built with near the quality and detail as other's marine equipment.. Sound quality: their 6.5" coaxial tower speaker is a good sounding speaker. Their 6.5" XM7 is too bright. Uses a small voice coil and most others have actually dropped their 6.5" HLCDs due to lack of mid-bass to keep pace with the compression driver.The 8" coaxial is good sounding and the 8" XM9 HLCD is ok, but has a smaller voice coil then the Wet Sounds Rev-8. This means less power handling and projection.In 2 seasons, I experience numerous speaker and a few amp issues with exile.

2) Their outgoing line of "marine" XI series amps are not marine built as led to believe, but carry over Class-A/B amps from when exile was only car audio. The amps advertised specs are over stated by an average of 50%. So you are not getting what you are paying for. I have not had a chance to see in side or test the new series.

4) If you truly want the cheapest price on Exile, buy direct from Brian. He will not hesitate for a second to undercut one of his few dealers. The down side to this is, you do not have a local installer with marine audio knowledge and experience to support you before, during and after the install, you have to call and hope to get someone on the phone .

3) I think ive covered the cons.

Wet Sounds Pros:

The Wet Sounds gear is designed and engineered in house, from the ground up, to be a marine audio piece of equipment. They have a huge dealer network, as well as an outstanding authorized internet dealer to purchase from, that will support you through the design, installation and tuning of your system. If you contact Wet Sounds, they will gladly get you in touch with a local dealer/installer.

They offer 3 lines of amps, 5 sub options, numerous tower speaker options and combos, 3 in-boat speaker series with different grill looks, LED lighting options, Tower clamps that allow both the speaker and LED wires to be hidden in the clamp, the absolute BEST marine EQ on the market and the ONLY one with dual EQs....one for tower and one for in-boat tuning.

The main attraction to Exile is that I am getting the same amount of quality as wet sounds offers (if not better) for a much better price.

Yes, a cheaper price, but the actual build quality is just not up there with Wet Sounds.

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Another thing I forgot to add in the original post is eventually doing some kind of custom install for speakers in the bow. I was a little surprised at the fact they didn't have them in the front for my model. I would cut holes in the vinyl, and place them in the inner hull but unfortunately there is no inner hull! Just seat covering material! Anyone have any insight on a custom install up front on my model? (08' Avalanche C4)

bow speakers can be done on the Avy....

BillC4    24

Joe overby installed a wet sounds powered sub and 4 wet sounds speakers for me this winter. He is reasonable and did a good job. I kept my head unit and didn't add the front speakers. I didn't want the added cost of the amp and 2 more speakers in the front. I'm already regretting that decision.

Give him a call, it doesn't hurt to ask. Overby marine s a supporting dealer and is located on the south side of Easton's ferry bridge. You will get to know them as they are the area centurian dealer. Good folks.

Wylie tunes gives great audio advice IMHO. Listen to his advice.

D3 Boats    19

X2

MrN

shawndoggy    49

The Wet Sounds gear is designed and engineered in house, from the ground up, to be a marine audio piece of equipment.***

*** save for the Syn series amps which are rebadged, conformal coated arc audio pieces. (by no means a bad starting point).

Nick213    583

Wet sounds is WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!

Like doc said do it right the first time and you'll have no regrets, also you can find a installer go over the ultimate goal of the system and put if together in stages. The installer can wire everything in on the initial install and just add components later therefor making it cheaper in the end as you add tower speakers, amps and subs.

This is my experience and I am EXTREMELY pleased with everything I've had and heard by wetsounds!

You can save some coin by using arc amps and they sound great!

acman    59

I like wet sounds. Ken a repost of your wetsounds demo should help!

Edited by acman

BillC4    24

And for the bow speakers, there are precut holes in the backing of the side panels. Taking them off........... Ugh. Have fun with that. That frustration in itself is worth the installers price. I removed and reinstalled mine for the vinyl recover.

Wylie_Tunes    146

*** save for the Syn series amps which are rebadged, conformal coated arc audio pieces. (by no means a bad starting point).

Not actually the case. The Syn series is built off the Arc KAR chassis, but by no means is the Syn series a re-badged KAR with a conformal coated PCB. Tim @ Wet Sounds worked with Robert Zeff and designed the PCB for the Wet Sounds Syn series amps. Yes, they do share some similarities, but its not like the Isuzu Rodeo and Honda Passport.

shawndoggy    49

Not actually the case. The Syn series is built off the Arc KAR chassis, but by no means is the Syn series a re-badged KAR with a conformal coated PCB. Tim @ Wet Sounds worked with Robert Zeff and designed the PCB for the Wet Sounds Syn series amps. Yes, they do share some similarities, but its not like the Isuzu Rodeo and Honda Passport.

You said all were designed from the ground up for marine, now you are saying that they are based on another design. That "other design" is a very good one and nothing to be ashamed of. It is something to be honest about, which I think everyone appreciates.

Maybe you or Tim could share what the differences are, other than conformal coating and the chrome chassis?

ScreenShot2014-04-30at63728PM_zps593865f

ScreenShot2014-04-25at63604PM_zps9912fd8

Wylie_Tunes    146

Shawn,

I have not changed my wording, nor do i feel that I have contradicted myself. NASCAR cars used to share the same floor pan, wheel base, roof, nose and deck as their showroom counterparts, but they were by no means a rebadged passenger cars with big engines and decals. So, the Syn amps took a great amp and used its foundation to build its marine Syn series. Theres way more to it than just a shiny shroud and coated PCB. I will be honest and tell you that I do not know the all the details of whats different between the KAR and Syn series amp.

acman    59

I pound on my WS equipment and I mean POUND! Ask DCO. Always Sounds great, turns heads and get the :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: from afar. Customer for life! Just my experience. Great tech support and customer service.

Edited by acman

D3 Boats    19

I would shop around...PM the CrewAdmin and see if they know of any deals.

At the end of the day. 2K budget without buying tower speakers should be a slam dunk.

Think about this build...Go with HT6 series amp for wet sounds (3) xs-65i and HTAS10 and you are at 1650 retail. I think that would be a stellar system.

The one thing I noticed is that you didn't mention your source unit. Do you have a good one? If not, look at something with 6 channel pre-out ($200 for Sony or Kenwood 6CH).

In regards to wiring, I wouldn't get to hung up on that stuff. Go down to you local car audio guy and buy what you need by the foot.

I would also consider running distribution blocks for power and ground if you run multiple amps. However, if you do something like the previously mentioned Wetsounds set up, you would only need a block for power, since your ground should be within 18" of your amp and the sub probably won't be that close to everything else.

MrN

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..