Pdise

Tower volume control

Awesome thanks wakedoc! In reading some if the prior threads sounds like the Bluetooth works really well and doesn't diminish sound quality.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Anyone know if the only difference between the 420-bt and 420-sq is the Bluetooth capability? Tried browsing the wet sounds website but couldn't find much difference between the two other than that and the price.

The BT front panel now has a 3 position source switch: Main, AUX and BT, where as the SQ version is just Main and AUX. The BT version has a larger face with mounting screw holes for a far better flush-mount install. The SQ will fit the new under-dash and flush-mount plates that Wet Sounds has recently released.

The BT front panel now has a 3 position source switch: Main, AUX and BT, where as the SQ version is just Main and AUX. The BT version has a larger face with mounting screw holes for a far better flush-mount install. The SQ will fit the new under-dash and flush-mount plates that Wet Sounds has recently released.

Any idea on release date for the BT?

Wylie_Tunes    146

Only speculation, but i'd say within the month. Wet Sounds rarely releases product info without the product being real close behind. There will probably be a small shipment of production units at first, then a larger supply to fallow shortly. I would consider getting your WS dealer to get you one on backorder now.

BigWillOKC    1

I know I'm in the minority, but I sold my Wetsounds 420 last year and couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic product, but I just never really liked using it. I never adjusted any of the knobs other than the different volumes because I had all of the amps tuned and the EQ on the 420 was always set to flat. I could also never use the PA system because my REV10 3SOME set hanging from my tower would kill me with feedback every time I tried to use it.

I ended up getting a Fusion iPod head unit and it has 4 sets of preouts, so I could still control each zone volume individually as well as from the back of the boat with the transom remote. LOVE LOVE LOVE this setup now.

Mobile innovations is doing my ws-420 install Tuesday. I'll post up some pics when it's done.

h20king    794

Your lucky Mob inc. is one of the very best marine installers in the country

Okay... I'm a new Centurion boat owner, but I bought a 2003 elite. I have the wet sounds 420 eq in it. I can't get any of the buttons to work on my stereo and I'm only able to change the source or settings on my sony deck via the remote. Is this normal?

Okay... I'm a new Centurion boat owner, but I bought a 2003 elite. I have the wet sounds 420 eq in it. I can't get any of the buttons to work on my stereo and I'm only able to change the source or settings on my sony deck via the remote. Is this normal?

Welcome. You may want to start a new topic. You will get more responses and it's easier to help you.

Wylie_Tunes    146

A pre-amp EQ like the WS-420 goes inline on the RCA signal cable, between the head-unit and amps. It does not take over control of the head-unit, just basically manipulates the volume prior to going on to the amps.

Sounds like the terminals on the flip-down face are dirty.

• Like 1