Pdise

Tower volume control

Pdise    1

Little help please what do I need to control tower volume separate from boat seems can only use fader frt to rear to control now ?

First timer    19

You could put in a volume control knob in between your deck and amp on the RCAs or do it right and get the wetsounds 420 eq

Bongo Fury    640

WS 420....awesome!

truekaotik    458

Pdise,

As long as you have separate amplifiers there are a couple ways to do this. The best solution is the 420SQ EQ addition.. You can make the fader do it as well but it's not the same... Or you can add a volume line control to the tower amp... So more info on your set up is needed..

Dreamer    96

Or you can just put in one of these:

PAC LC-1 Volume Control

Wylie_Tunes    146

As True pointed out, you need all speakers on external amps to have dual-zone volume control. Another option, which it better then a traditional line level POT (potentiometer), would be something like the Kicker ZXM-RLC Zone Volume controller.

Line level POT's go inline on the RCA's between the source unit and the amps. This often requires long RCA runs to and from when the line level is mounted at the helm. The ZXM-RLC control module mounts close to the amps, keeping the RCA's short, and uses a data cable between the module and helm mounted control knobs.

The ZXM is 9 volt line driver on both channels, where as the POT is simply interrupting the already low RCA signal from the source unit.

The ZXM is made for the marine environment where as most line level POTs are not.

The ZXM knobs can be removed from their surface mount enclosures and be panel mounted

WakeDoc    471

If you want the best bang for your $$$ I would look at the WS-420BT from Wet Sounds, soon to be available as the

01.png

From the Wet Sounds Site:
The WS-420BT is 3 Zone equalizer/controller with 2 separate equalizers and Built in Bluetooth in one half din chassis using our exclusive design which allows you to independently control the volume of tower speakers, in boat speakers and subwoofers all independently and have EQ adjustments of both in boat and tower speakers independently. The WS-420BT is the worlds only true marine audio zone controller/equalizer. The WS-420BT gives you ultimate control over your system. The WS-420BT allows you to have any combination you wish. In boat speakers and subwoofer playing with no tower speakers, tower speakers and subwoofer playing with no in boats, all speakers playing, max volume from the tower and subwoofer with half volume from the in boats and many other configurations. The WS-420BT includes a talk back microphone for rider communication. The level of the talk back microphone is independent from your music level allowing you to adjust the volume for the PA function. The microphone feature only plays through the tower speakers. When the microphone is keyed up, the music is muted for announcements. After the key is released, the music will resume at previous level. The WS-420BT has a large knob master volume control giving you quick control for the overall system. You are able to set the other zones to whichever volume level you desire and have one knob for quick overall volume adjustment. There are two separate 4 band equalizers. The outer ring makes adjustments for the tower speakers and inner knob makes adjustments for the in boat speakers.

1. Main Volume: This is the Master Volume that controls the overall volume of all zones.

2. In Boat and Tower Zone Volume: Adjusts the volume of the tower speakers (outside ring) and the volume of the in boat speakers (inside knob) You can set these levels to whichever volume you prefer and use the master volume for overall control.

3. Subwoofer Volume: Independent Subwoofer volume control.

4. Microphone: Independent Talk Back Microphone volume control.

5. Aux/Main Switch: Auxiliary input, main input or Bluetooth input selection switch.

6. Equalizer Adjustments: These 4 controls adjust the four separate frequencies (bass, mid bass, mid, high) Offering 12 dB of cut/boost. The outside ring adjusts the frequencies for the tower speakers while the inside ring adjusts the frequencies for the in boat speakers.

7. Auxiliary Input: 3.5 mm aux input jack for MP3 player or additional source.

8. Boat Link 3.5 mm aux output jack: For linking with other WS-420 equipped boats.

9. Microphone Input: Microphone input for Wet Sounds talk back microphone.

10: Input Gain:

11: Main Input Sensitivity Gain adjustment.

12: Auxiliary Input Sensitivity Gain adjustment. NOTE: If you are not an experienced audio installer, it is recommend to leave these adjustments in the pre set factory position.

13: Illumination: WS-420BT illumination comes pre set in blue illumination If you would like to change to red. Remove jumper and position to red.

14: Ground Isolation: Occasionally alternator whine may appear in your system if you source unit and amplifiers may have different grounds. You may use the isolation jumper to eliminate the noise. Please make sure unit is off when adjusting the jumper.

We've had one installed on every boat since the first generation. Besides all of the functionality our favorite feature is pushing the microphone button, the system will automatically mute/lower the volume of the music playing from the tower speakers zone, allowing you to use the tower speakers as a PA system. Once the microphone button is released, the tower speakers will begin to play again at the level they were at. Great for coaching new riders or just having fun in general. We added a Y adapter at the unit and now have one microphone at the drivers seat and ran a second cable and microphone to the cup holder area behind the driver for the passengers to use. You cannot go wrong with this, give you all of the functionality you could want plus the PA feature.

duramat    462

THAT!!! YOU WANT THAT!!!

DrNate    426

14: Ground Isolation: Occasionally alternator whine may appear in your system if you source unit and amplifiers may have different grounds. You may use the isolation jumper to eliminate the noise. Please make sure unit is off when adjusting the jumper.

Can someone tell me more about #14 above? Sorry to get off topic. Every since I installed a new 420 (replacing the old one), I have engine whine through the speakers

mancho    85

They make too many upgrades too fast! LOL. I just freakin got my (just released Last fall?) Blue Tooth installed so it looks OEM, right below that other mysterious silver knob :)

We upgraded from the Kickers, nothing wrong w them, they work great when you're on a budget. Once you get past that go big w the EQ. Don't forget amps and WT tower speakers!

What lake you ridin up in North Texas Pdise? We're on Lewisville/Dallas lake at Pier 121.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Can someone tell me more about #14 above? Sorry to get off topic. Every since I installed a new 420 (replacing the old one), I have engine whine through the speakers

Nate,

Short and sweat, when 2 different batteries are connected, they will try to equalize. When audio gear in the signal path (RCA's from head-unit to EQ to amps and also devices feeding into an AUX) is drawing from different battery sources, they "see" a different voltage reference. The difference between the 2 voltage sources will try to equalize through the RCA cables. This is where the noise gets in.

What 420 model did you previously have and what model do you currently have installed? Did you just do a simple plug-n-play swap or did the new one get rewired from how the old one was?

Pdise    1

Mancho

Eagle mnt mostly but work by lewisville live by bridgeport but wouldn't but nice boat on it no water

Pdise    1

And thx everybody think going to wait for 420 bt

Mancho u ever dealt with scream marine by Jerry's boats ?

mancho    85

Water is going to be a requirement :)

Can't say I've dealt w them no.

DrNate    426

Nate,

Short and sweat, when 2 different batteries are connected, they will try to equalize. When audio gear in the signal path (RCA's from head-unit to EQ to amps and also devices feeding into an AUX) is drawing from different battery sources, they "see" a different voltage reference. The difference between the 2 voltage sources will try to equalize through the RCA cables. This is where the noise gets in.

What 420 model did you previously have and what model do you currently have installed? Did you just do a simple plug-n-play swap or did the new one get rewired from how the old one was?

I previously had the "older model" that had the illumination switch on the front and the "new one" is the one with no illumination switch on the front but not the "newest one" with the BT on it. I hope that makes sense :)

I simply numbered the RCA's on the back of the old one before I took it out 1-10 or however many there were. I installed the new 420 and inserted the RCA's back in the same order 1-10. No re-wire, I just spliced the hot back onto the new one, so it is wired the same. It seemed strange to me for sure. Oh, and it sounded great before I got out on the water and then I had engine noise. I then installed a ground loop isolator at the amp and it took care of the engine noise but now I am having other issues as described in another post.

Edited by DrNate

Wylie_Tunes    146

Nate,

Link me to that other thread and we can work it out there and not get this one too far off track with a diagnosis.

jmcclain01    1
And thx everybody think going to wait for 420 bt

Mancho u ever dealt with scream marine by Jerry's boats ?

Scream Marine is great to work with. Tim does a great job and deals with great equipment. He's done my last two boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if the only difference between the 420-bt and 420-sq is the Bluetooth capability? Tried browsing the wet sounds website but couldn't find much difference between the two other than that and the price.

WakeDoc    471

Yes blue tooth is the difference