h20king    794

For sure my factory plate is the same size but I want to double check all the measurements and the angle. Here is a pic of what I have right now

post-777-0-04454200-1399315901_thumb.jpg

Troy. R    198

Based on your pic I'd say your flat part is narrower. The Avy is 14 1/2". Based on knowing your plate is 12", I'd say you're 12 1/2" or so...

Edited by Troy. R

duramat    462

H, does your plate mount underneath? Like a fixed plate does?

h20king    794

yep mounts underneath and is a bennit trim not lenco

duramat    462

Are you planning on mounting the plate to your existing? Or why not get the hinge (don't forget to weld the pin on one side (me) and tack it onto your new plate? It's easy peasy.

Edited by duramat

h20king    794

yeah thought about it but think im going with the bolt on option, It should work fine for the once or twice a year I role to the wrong side for my freaky footer friends. My best bud is goofy foot but likes to ride backside. Set the boat up the other way and he has problems. Guess that's what you get when you are goofy and have to learn to surf with an AVY with the walk through LOL

Shaka    146

Dura you still need to get me the info on the fabricator.

Troy    234

Ok, let's see if this works. I did a Cad drawing on mine IF it didn't have the rolled edges and had radius corners. I attached a PDF of the cad drawing. Please change the measurements that you need for yours. Every measurement has to verified/changed for your plate! If you have questions let me know. Then send me a file and I will get the plate made.

9E4BBBE5-10D8-43E8-927A-1F40378411DF_zps

37A2FC40-AF4C-4673-AE47-3B273A3FE46E_zps

34E9E707-4650-465A-8040-7EC7A2B684D2_zps

797810AB-64F4-4D69-BC7F-EE687E47D172_zps

F201C639-D821-403B-9D6B-3802766316EA_zps

8A83EEFB-7C03-47D6-BBF7-BA0285426275_zps

Sorry I didn't realize that some of the pictures were so horrible. The PDF is straight from cad. If someone wants the cad let me know.

Being that this is my first try at this don't be too harsh on my drawing.

A-plate.pdf

Peteg5    2

This is great! Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

Edited by Peteg5

bhanson    12

I have the fixed plate on my Typhoon. May do adjustable later, but in the meantime do you think I would benefit by having a fixed a-plate instead of fixed flat plate?

Troy. R    198

You would for sure if you set it at the right angle, but it really would be best to add the actuator at the same time.

duramat    462

You would for sure if you set it at the right angle, but it really would be best to add the actuator at the same time.

Darksider just did this (fixed A-plate)

DarksideR    1,679

^^^^ yup. Works like a dream

in the garage collecting dust. :D

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

What does it do to/for the wakeboard wake?

What's that?

Haha!

But seriously, I didn't see an adverse affect on mine from the boat. Didn't ride it though.

• Like 1

bhanson    12

Searched the forums but could not find a thread on DarksideR's fixed a-plate. (Also was unable to PM DarksideR, is he in the doghouse with CC admin?) Appreciate if someone could post or PM me the thread on DarksideR's mod.

Troy    234

Something interesting we noticed this weekend. Starboard (right side) filled (1100 lbs. sac locker and around a 250 lb sac on seat) when we turned to the port (left) the wave got huge! I don't know why turning to the port now makes the wave huge but it does! Use to when we turned to the port the wave would disappear but not any more.

bhanson    12

Not sure how hard you were turning to port, but think about the boat's position in the water as it turns and that essentially replicates the "yaw" effect of a surfgate, at least momentarily.

h20king    794

Troy I measured my plate. It is the same size as yours problem is it spans the whole width of the flat part of my boat. My plate will need the bend at the end of the factory plate so the mounting tab and the bend for the plate will be on the same plane with different angles. Will you talk to your guy and see if he can do it

duramat    462

What is the width of your flat part and angle of hull bend?

You just need a single plate bent to mount to your trimtab correct?