DaveO    0

The rattle was coming from the hinge on the plate. The plate doesn't actually have a hinge. The ends where it pivots are curled and the two halves slide together. It's kind of a sloppy fit. The exhaust flapper also directs the exhaust down onto the plate causing it to rattle. If you have 2 actuator rams the plate/hinge is not as sloppy.

I did take the wing off. But my goofy wake is already excellent because I have RH rotation so I was trying the wing for my regular side.

Troy. R    198

The rattle was coming from the hinge on the plate. The plate doesn't actually have a hinge. The ends where it pivots are curled and the two halves slide together. It's kind of a sloppy fit. The exhaust flapper also directs the exhaust down onto the plate causing it to rattle. If you have 2 actuator rams the plate/hinge is not as sloppy.

I did take the wing off. But my goofy wake is already excellent because I have RH rotation so I was trying the wing for my regular side.

Which side is the wing on?

Troy    234

I think it's interesting that you incorporated the old plate into the design. Are you at all concerned that the small gaps between the two pieces of metal will create turbulence or spray? Also did you consider just bolting an entirely new plate to the bottom of the existing plate? I guess that would put holes in the OEM plate if you wanted to remove the A plate at some point.

I'm debating between your method and the other I mentioned.

I didn't. LOL

I figure at the way the water would be flowing over the plates that I shouldn't have any issue with spray or anything. I didn't want to bolt to the bottom of the factory plate for the exact reason you stated, if I wanted to remove it I can. I have not tried it out and wont be able to for a while, between work and I am still needing to replace my shaft seal and finish installing my ballast system. When I finally get to try out this system I will let everyone know and I'll try and take some video.

Edited by Troy

DaveO    0

Which side is the wing on?

Wing was on the right side to clean up the reg side wave.

Troy. R    198

I figured as much, but was thinking if it were on the other side only with the RH prop rotation there might be a possibility of additional turbulence causing the rattle.

Sorry it didn't work for you dave...

DarksideR    1,679

Here's my own custom version of the A-plate. Firstly, you'll notice that there's no Lenco ram. I couldn't find a hinge that would work, and I was doing this on the cheap.(cost me $50) I figured that the size of the one for an Enzo would likely be too big for my little EliteV. (in length, obviously the Enzo one wouldn't fit at all). So I kinda just winged it. It's 9"long(that's what she said)... sorry, had to. Which is 1.5" longer than the stock one... part of me thinks I should have gone to 10"... guess I'll find out. The left wing is 5.25" wide, and I decided to include a mini wing on the right that's only 1.25" wide. I noticed that the water really tears off the side edges of the stock plate, so I wanted to try to soften that a little bit. If it causes an issue, I can always cut it off. I also had the corners rounded for the same reason.

Aaaaaand, now I see that my supporting membership has expired, so I can't post the pics. DOH!

Will have to rectify that.

RVR-RAT    269

We're all anxiously waiting !

duramat    462
We're all anxiously waiting !

X2!!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy    234

Yep yep!

I, today started my PSS shaft seal replacement. What a pain in the A$$. First couldn't get the V-drive out, then couldn't get the coupler off (That took 2+ hours by itself) I had to make a tool to finally get it to pop off. OUCH.I am setting with the v-drive out and the PSS seal installed half way. I am installing my new thru hull before installing the v-drive again. I am wore out today. Hope to finish this up before next weekend to give everything a try out, New shaft seal, 2nd ballast pump and new A-plate. Stay tuned. :geek:

duramat    462

Tried mine out today!! WOOT! Love it. Cleaned up my Goofy side (freaky footers side according to Carter LOL) :thumbsup:

Cannot go wrong with this mod IMO

I did not try my regular side with it. The kids were sissies about jumping in 62F water WTH? So I took advantage of more water time trying it out.

Edited by duramat

adambomb2000    35

Tried mine out today!! WOOT! Love it. Cleaned up my Goofy side (freaky footers side according to Carter LOL) :thumbsup: Cannot go wrong with this mod IMOI did not try my regular side with it. The kids were sissies about jumping in 62F water WTH? So I took advantage of more water time trying it out.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics Dura?

Troy    234

My addition worked Awesome!!!!! Cleaned up the goofy wave perfectly! I can only say I wish I did this mod years ago. Down side, I forgot to lock tight the bolts on the a-plate where it attaches to the factory tab and lost a couple. Now back to the hardware store for more hardware and lock tight. We didn't loose the plate or cause any damage.

3D2820B3-4AE7-4E75-A167-5173BB06AD8A_zps

E37FD837-F405-4A78-8BEA-2DAA72464ED1_zps

Bigcatpt    408

looks good! But the Avy doesn't need much help on that side to be good.

duramat    462

But that sure looks better!! LOL

:thumbsup:

Troy    234

Thanks guys! The wave was awesome. Wish I did this mod years ago.

Troy    234

I'm sure he can. What year and do you have the factory power trim plate? He will need some measurements unless it is the exact same as mine.

Troy    234

To answer some questions that came up earlier on this thread.

I had no rattling at all, even when I lost a couple bolts due to me forgetting to put loc-tight on them.

The wakeboard wake was a lot cleaner on the goofy side. I didn't see if it would clean it up at lower speeds. (wanted to get surfing ASAP).

Compared to how the trim use to work, I noticed it worked a lot better now. I could notice the nose of the boat going up and down with the use of the trim plate, before I really didn't notice it.

I am checking with my guy about the cost of a plate without the rolled edges.

I had no spray issues with the gaps in the plate.

Any other questions I missed????

h20king    794

I want one .I'll get you the measurements