adambomb2000    35

^^ that's for a Contura switch though which you can run all the power though...I am using a teleflex column switch that on handles 5amps

chenige    84

Those are relays on the left side. High amp battery is coming from above into the relays and then to the pump. Low amp power is going into the switch and then to the relays to actuate the relays and send the high amp power to the pump.

Switch only needs to actuate the relay using minimal power.

I do not know the wiring in a teleflex switch but if is dpdt it should be similar?

Edited by chenige

chenige    84

Do you have a diagram of your switch?

Also the upper - wire I listed is for the internal LED. you do not need that.

Do your - and + wires would go to the center terminals of the switch and the wires to the relays would connect to one side of the switch and have jumpers Chris crossed to the other side.

Bullfrog    9

Troy, do you think a fixed 'A plate' designed similar to the one you installed have the same 'cleaning of the wake' effect?

Sata3000    15

Here's the pics FINALLY, of my custom A Plate for my 2006EliteV.

APLATE1.JPG

APLATE2.JPG

APLATE3.JPG

APLATE4.JPG

Hope this makes a difference!

I have a fixed plate also with out the turn buckles. I want to fab a fixed a plate as well do you think this will hold up with out the turn buckles? I thought about going a little longer than be factory fixed plate

Troy    234

Troy, do you think a fixed 'A plate' designed similar to the one you installed have the same 'cleaning of the wake' effect?

Yes I do. I usually keep mine up all the time. every now and then when my 7 yo is wakeboarding I will lower it.

Bullfrog    9

Well Troy, I think your 'A plate' is exactly what I need except the wing on the other side to clean up my regular side wake up. Do you know what the dimensions are? How far out from the boat and how many inches long is the wing from where it bends up to match the angle of the boat. Do you think the 'support arms' are required?

Bullfrog    9

I meant like Darksides 'A plate' in his pictures.

Troy    234

I can't remember the page but I have a drawing of mine in this thread. I think Dark has a drawing also, but several pages after mine.?.?.?

DarksideR    1,679

Bullfrog has a Switchblade to work around too. So either the blade needs to be spaced away from the boat more, or the A-plate needs to be shorter. If it's shorter, it'll be less effective at cleaning up the wash.

duramat    462

Bullfrog has a Switchblade to work around too. So either the blade needs to be spaced away from the boat more, or the A-plate needs to be shorter. If it's shorter, it'll be less effective at cleaning up the wash.

Calling Adam!

Have we got yours operational yet?

adambomb2000    35

Hey Dura! No it's not on yet - will be Monday (gone away for the weekend - not surfing >:( )

Got my relay test wiring all sorted last night.

So I did not go the Switchblade spacer route. I shortened the a-plate just over an inch ...however, the guy I had shear and brake the plate cut it about 5mm (just under 1/4" in 'Murican lol) too long so I had to put a little notch in the a-plate. You can see it in my earlier post pic. I don't think shortening the plate a little and the little notch should affect it too negatively - it will still be way better than the stock tiny little plate that I had.

Bullfrog, here are the dimensions of my plate - you'd just have to flip it around before attaching the hinge. Tolerances between it and the Blade are tight (hence why buddy cutting it slightly too long caused me to have to notch it). Sorry about the metric dimensions lol

• Like 1

adambomb2000    35

PS - it was the 300mm dimension that he cut at 305mm and was too long.

duramat    462

AWESOME!!

Report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullfrog    9

Troy, when your trim tab is all of the way up how does that translate to the hull. Is it in line with it or is all of the way up angle up some?

Bullfrog    9

Actually, all of those with a fixed 'A plate', do you have yours installed in line with the hull or angled up or down some. Those with adjustable 'A plate' how is yours set up for best results, in line, angled up or down?

Is everyone happy with the results of their 'A plate'?

Shaka    146

I love mine although I'm still dealing with a small spray issue on the natural side. I mostly fixed the issue but there's still a bit. Totally worth it though considering how good my goofy wake is.

Mine angles slightly above the back of the hull. I mostly leave it in that position for surfing.

Bullfrog    9

Adambomb, Darkside, just measured the distance from hull to Switchblade and I have 330mm, or for you Americans, 13". I'm going to start off with a fixed plate for this year and if I feel the need upgrade to a hinged one with actuator next year. I'm just looking for advice as to what angle if any I should bend the plate behind the hull. Also, I'm thinking of attaching the ends of the turnbuckles to the switchblade plate. Does anyone foresee any issues with this??