DarksideR    1,679

Dang, that FAE is close to the A plate! Looks nice and beefy too!

DrNate    426

That single exhaust one looks so funny to me. Definately let us know how it works for you Wetsu, I haven't seen many reviews on the single yet!

h20king    794

I wish FAE would come out with a stand alone exhaust that does not need the supports or hose clamps like Nautique puts on their G series boats

post-777-0-73250500-1395408698_thumb.jpg

duramat    462

IMO thats alot of stress on that Nautique mount, Im not convinced its fail proof. Cleaner yes, but not convinced just yet

It is close but with the "A" plate all the way there is still about half an inch of clearance if not a little more. Definitely seems strong. Hopefully won't ever find out though.

mancho    85

i think duffy should sell them. serious. he'd have buyers!

atk1721    1

I'm just ordering my FAE. I have a non adjustable trim tab like Poosie and a fiberglass platform. Is it better to go with the platform mounts or have them make up mounts to attach it to my trim tab? Poosies install looks clean but it's the only one I've seen mounted like that. FAE company said they said can make mounts if I send them pics and measurements. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Dreamer    96

I had an FAE attached to the platform brakets on my previous two boats and it worked great. It will leave you the option of an adjustable trim tab in the future.

duffymahoney    10

Ha, you guys can make it for like 100 bucks. Do it though, it honestly works amazing. My wave is perfectly clean. It should work on all boats, the secret is the stiff rubber of a horse stall mats.

• Like 2

mancho    85

Ha, you guys can make it for like 100 bucks. Do it though, it honestly works amazing. My wave is perfectly clean. It should work on all boats, the secret is the stiff rubber of a horse stall mats.

Can you post up the exact ingredients to the latest and greatest? I'm not sure if camo pipe bombs look that good behind... do I need those chrome trucker mud flaps w silhouettes of women?

duffymahoney    10

It's a 3/4" horse stall mat. I cut it to match my transom exactly. I went as wide as my swim step brackets. It hangs down to that bottom of the hull. It's very stiff and the it presses on the wave. Which I think is the secret. It touches my fae so that is how far back it is. I used a jig saw to cut it. The horse stall mats are a pain to cut, but a jig saw on a table and it's not bad. Hope that helps

DarksideR    1,679

LOL, I believe that those "pipe bombs" were weighted to keep pressure on the water surface. May or may not be necessary.

duffymahoney    10

I have made 4, first or pipe bomb was the worse for sure:) The last is the horse stall mat, works and doesn't screw anything up.

duffymahoney    10

Yep that is exactly what I used. I just used cardboard for the template, then outlined the shape and used a jigsaw to cut.

WickedC4    12

So I need alittle direction with my FAE.

The 8 screws we reuse get marine sealant right. Well I can only find sealants that say "don't use over the temp of 190 F". In my mind that seems very low temps for something that is holding my exhaust together. And the water going in to the exhaust is already 175 F.

What are you guys using? Or am I just being an :censored:

DrNate    426

So I need alittle direction with my FAE.

The 8 screws we reuse get marine sealant right. Well I can only find sealants that say "don't use over the temp of 190 F". In my mind that seems very low temps for something that is holding my exhaust together. And the water going in to the exhaust is already 175 F.

What are you guys using? Or am I just being an :censored:

I just used regular ol marine sealant. But that is a good point Wicked, I never even thought about it. I guess if you're worried about it you could use some high temp sealant

http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=18167